Sign in to follow this  
firedoor

Seller not communicating

firedoor

Hi. I have only bought a few items on BoB and I really have NO idea how fast a direct bank deposit reflects in a seller's account. Was always under the impression that it's fast. Have always paid by bank deposit and sellers always responded right away. usually same day.... how long do I wait, after having deposited the payment into seller's account, before complaining that seller isn't communicating? Seller stopped communicating after I made payment, Seller is a verified user and has 100% positive ratings so I don't want to bismirch his record by giving him a bad rating for not communicating. But at the same time I am getting anxious. It's been 3 working days since I made the deposit. So how long do I wait? Help please.

Tjaart van der walt
Hi. I have only bought a few items on BoB and I really have NO idea how fast a direct bank deposit reflects in a seller's account. Was always under the impression that it's fast. Have always paid by bank deposit and sellers always responded right away. usually same day.... how long do I wait, after having deposited the payment into seller's account, before complaining that seller isn't communicating? Seller stopped communicating after I made payment, Seller is a verified user and has 100% positive ratings so I don't want to bismirch his record by giving him a bad rating for not communicating. But at the same time I am getting anxious. It's been 3 working days since I made the deposit. So how long do I wait? Help please.

Hi Firedoor

Payments from one bank to another can take up to 3 days to clear into the sellers account. Same bank transfers is normally available immediately. Give the seller a call if you don't get any reaction whats o ever you can always contact bidorbuy

kyle2

Don't panic, if there is any doubt, try sending the seller a PM(personal message) or contact BoB directly, they will assist you.

I would try emailing again and give it another couple of days, sometimes the weekend also gets in the way of things.:noworry:

You can also copy and paste the link to the item you bought here in the forum, makes it easier for others to try and help you.

firedoor

Thanks for replying Tjaart. I made a cash deposit into the seller's bank account through the same bank and usually this reflects right away right? I double checked all the details (account number and my order number) and all is in order. Seller doesn't have a contact number, just an email address. Have emailed him thrice, no replies. But I see he's still selling the same item (he had several in stock).

babyface2

hi Firedoor

i would maybe first look at the sellers shipping option. i for instance only send parcels on certain days and that is the first time i actually contact the buyer to let them have the tracking number. i simply do not have the time to send an email out to every buyer saying that i have received payment. maybe the seller has a problem with his/her computor, as i have had in the past eg. hard drive crashed, service provider down if you are worried do as Tjaart suggests and phone the seller to put your mind to rest

firedoor

Seller promised to email as soon as payment has cleared but he obviously hasn't. He doesn't have a phone number listed. I will email BoB and ask them for assistance. Cheers you guys.

firedoor

Hi all.. just a quick update... seller finally confirmed reciept of payment... took four days (not including weekend) so still a bit long but we'll see. Hope I get my tracking number soon. Haven't had a bad experience on BoB yet so hopefully this goes smoother than it has... was quite anxious as this particular item was the most expensive purchase I've ever made here. :)

JPBon

Some of the banks are particularly slow especially when there is a weekend in the middle.