Sign in to follow this  
dstorm

Becoming a Verified Seller

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello All

A bit of advice needed.

I want to apply to become a verified seller.

Is trading on BidorBuy interrupted during the application process? Or do I just keep on trading as normal during this time?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards

Jacques

Bertman Trading    10
Bertman Trading

Hello Jaques,

Trading is not interrupted on bob and you will notice the green tick once verified when you log on after a week or so..

qball    11
qball

It's trading as usual, this process does not interfere with your selling ability. It can however, take up to 2 weeks, depending on Home Affairs etc.

wayjen    10
wayjen

We went to a seminar and applied to become a verified seller and we traded as normal until it came along.

dstorm    10
dstorm

Thanks all for the input.

I am a bit worried though about that part about Home Affairs.

What if I end up being deported?

Regards

Jacques

qball    11
qball

Do you have a valid ID? Are you a permanent resident in the country?

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello Cuan

I was born in South Africa in the year when we became a Republic!

ID number, Army Number, etc all in order.

Regards

Jacques

JPBon    10
JPBon

Dstorm it is actually a fairly painless process, I would have thought that I would have had issues getting mine through as there is a spelling mistake in my ID, but all I did was notify Bob of this together with my application and it went through.

qball    11
qball
Hello Cuan

I was born in South Africa in the year when we became a Republic!

ID number, Army Number, etc all in order.

Regards

Jacques

Shouldn't be any problems then... :grin:

KMartin    10
KMartin

Note: bidorbuy has outsourced the verification of Identification Documents, Credit Checks and Criminal Checks to LexisNexis Risk Management (I-Digital).

Strange. about a year or so ago i also went through all this, after almost 2 months still nothing... then i was informed i could not get verified. When asking why i got a email saying i did not get clearance. I went to SAP got a clearance on my name, i did a personal Credet check, Everything was clear, but still nothing.

Edited by qball

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I had no problem becoming a verified seller and am glad (and proud) to be one. It definitely does help with sales when buyers know they are protected!

qball    11
qball
Note: bidorbuy has outsourced the verification of Identification Documents, Credit Checks and Criminal Checks to LexisNexis Risk Management (I-Digital).

Strange. about a year or so ago i also went through all this, after almost 2 months still nothing... then i was informed i could not get verified. When asking why i got a email saying i did not get clearance. I went to SAP got a clearance on my name, i did a personal Credet check, Everything was clear, but still nothing.

After the police clearance did you contact us again? I cannot find any correspondence regarding this after your application was declined. When Lexus Nexis do a criminal check, the check is done against the SAPS database, and it's done on name only - thus the possible positive match on your name. Once it is cleared we need to get the fingerprints from you and re-submit them to Lexis Nexis. Unfortunately delays from third party service providers, SAPS, Home Affairs or the credit bureaus are beyond our control.