Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

Local dropshippers

qball
Cuan, can you please clear something up for me. My impression of dropshipping is when the supplier sends the item/s directly to the buyer. Not to the seller and then the seller sends it to the buyer.

Surely if the supplier sends the item directly to the buyer then all this 'guess who's conning who' business will be sorted. By the way, when a supplier dropships they dont use their website or company details, meaning the buyer cannot bypass the seller for a future purchase by contacting the supplier directly. Someone tell me if i'm wrong please....

Generally speaking, yes, that would be the correct definition of dropshipping.

StorminaTcup

Dear Edmund1000

I have read your quote with interest. No doubt you are aware of the form of dropshipping that is approved by Bidorbuy.

Well we have endeavoured to speed up our service and overcome the obstacles of a very challenging SA Customs service.

Gold rings are generally unique items. When someone buys a particular ring as a birthday present, Christmas gift or just a gift in general, he or she would like to receive the ring that was won, on time!

What happens then if the item is dispatched from Overseas and gets lost in the post or held up in customs for several weeks or months? The buyer is not going to accept the loss of his chosen item or the fact that it arrives too late for the date it was intended for. We eliminate this real risk by dispatching the item to our PE depot in advance.

Your item was sent via express mail to SA. The item was insured. The duty was paid to SARS.

It is a one of a kind ring that you won and received within 6 days. The fact that we make the process much more labour intensive for ourselves to guarantee that we can give a much better delivery service is in the interest of the buyer who has the right and choice as to whether they are going to accept the conditions of sale in which the shipping is clearly and transparently presented in the Auction page.

There are other forms of drop shipping that may be called into question and you are free to do so. You are welcome to contact me to clarify any doubts or queries you might have about our form of shipping and I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Kindest regards

Storminatcup

Item bought on 5 Dec 2010 16:24

Paid it during 6 Dec 2010

Receive email: 7 Dec 2010 4:22PM Subject: Your Tracking Number from XXXXXX to Edmund1000

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dear zzzzz,

I have dispatched your order with the following tracking number: PA0zxc03zz7ZA on 2010/12/07. **Please note** It may take up to 24 hours to reflect on the Post Office's database.

If you would like to track your parcel's progress goto the following website: http://sms.postoffice.co.za/tracking/Parcel.aspx or Google SAPO.CO.ZA and goto their Online Tools at the top of the page.

If you have any further queries, please contact me.

Thanks for your support!

Regards

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear BOB,

People don't even have the decency to wait... :shock: What is the world coming to? Seller "Dan king" gets whipped for taking too long to ship his goods to his R1 buyers...

Here I am, shocked after reading that my R101 + "R290 International insured shipping via EMS (3-4days) to South Africa:

Thereafter Reg. insured mail to local postal address (3-4days) etc.", item is a day or so away from me?! :disgusted: (Talk about the "Damn if you do or don't scenario!)

I shall surely give this seller a good rating for very good service. Honestly.

But it cannot be said that there are any ill wil in this thread from any buyer or seller. I'm just feeling very sad and embarrassed after reading the email... Not angry at all. Thanking me for my support? Damn... What kind of Freudian slip is that?:nuts:

Anyway... No hard feelings - I have no right to judge people - just the right to dodge some...

PS I say let us rather smile! It's 100% free! :-))

Asha Craft

Woah, just a moment. You import, pay duties etc. in advance? I'm sorry this sounds like you prefer the buyer to pay your costs. Surely this is not considered dropshipping!

MsPlod

Finding this completely fascinating! A few questions...

1) So what you are saying then - StorminaTCup - is that you already hold all the stock advertised as having come in from overseas?

If that is the case, then the aspect of 3-4 days for international delivery...

"NB: SHIPPED FROM OUTSIDE SOUTH AFRICA: International insured shipping via EMS (3-4days) to South Africa: Thereafter Reg. insured mail to local postal adress (3-4days)."

Does surely not apply to this (and other) item/s which you already DO have in stock?

2) Why do you not consider the shipping costs for stock to be part of your purchase cost? I am interested to know how you view this?

3) This question is to BoB - what is the BoB policy / standpoint on a matter like this?

The reason I ask this last question because it means that I may well start selling some stuff very soon (made by my cousin in Canada) if I am allowed to add shipping charges for my imported stock - to shipping charges on BoB, thereby rather significantly reducing the success fees payable to BoB. Every couple of rand adds up quickly to a load of money!

Edited by MsPlod
OCD ;)

Miss Jewels
Cuan, can you please clear something up for me. My impression of dropshipping is when the supplier sends the item/s directly to the buyer. Not to the seller and then the seller sends it to the buyer.

Surely if the supplier sends the item directly to the buyer then all this 'guess who's conning who' business will be sorted. By the way, when a supplier dropships they dont use their website or company details, meaning the buyer cannot bypass the seller for a future purchase by contacting the supplier directly. Someone tell me if i'm wrong please....

Hi Asha Craft. I also understood this part of drop shipping, but I think that this system has been grossly abused and needs immediate attention. You're right, only then will these problems be sorted.

StorminaTcup

Hi.

We hold the stock item at the time of listing as we have not chosen to use specific drop shipping as it is fraught with negative ratings because buyers dont like waiting, dont like delayed items. Even if you as seller cannot be blamed for a poor postal sytem, it would be fair to inform the buyers of the risk of delays.

If the item is shipped from overseas in advance, or at the time the auction closes, the Cost of Shipping will remain the same. Its only a matter of how much time the buyer will have to wait. It is much less labour intensive to send it direct to the buyers adress and let them sort out custom duty vat etc and not have to redirect items to local adresses. But if you want to offer a better service as a seller, you can assume that responsibility as the seller.

Guest Guest

Hello Mr. SIC (Abbreviation for Mr. Storm In a Cup - :nuts:)

Thank you for your interesting and slightly amusing perspective... Just one question please: On what exact amount of the R391.00 I paid you will BOB get their X% commission? Just for the record please. And how much pease?

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards

StorminaTcup

Hi.

Cool name abbreviation! It speaks volumes about the writer though. Something to remember in future.

The commission is no mystery, no secret! Just maths! Deduct the shipping and you can look up the balance in the fees rate also clearly displayed on Bidorbuy for every user to see.

Kindest regards

qball
Hi.

We hold the stock item at the time of listing as we have not chosen to use specific drop shipping as it is fraught with negative ratings because buyers dont like waiting, dont like delayed items. Even if you as seller cannot be blamed for a poor postal sytem, it would be fair to inform the buyers of the risk of delays.

If the item is shipped from overseas in advance, or at the time the auction closes, the Cost of Shipping will remain the same. Its only a matter of how much time the buyer will have to wait. It is much less labour intensive to send it direct to the buyers adress and let them sort out custom duty vat etc and not have to redirect items to local adresses. But if you want to offer a better service as a seller, you can assume that responsibility as the seller.

Hi StorminaTcup

Unfortunately we have to agree with the other users on this issue.

This is not dropshipping. We have been discussing this issue with you telephonically today and we do not believe you have legitimate reasons to charge this to the buyer. We will unfortunately be asking you to change this.

Kind regards

Cuan

MsPlod
Hi StorminaTcup

This is not dropshipping. We have been discussing this issue with you telephonically today and we do not believe you have legitimate reasons to charge this to the buyer. We will unfortunately be asking you to change this.

Kind regards

Cuan

Oh! Was on the verge of getting really excited at a rather excellent money-making opportunity - Darn!

May I ask - just out of interest - where that leaves buyers - who have paid the dropshipping fee on a R1 crazy auction, but for items which have not in fact been dropshipped? Would they then be able to legitimately ask for their money back (less the actual cost of local shipping of course)?

Asha Craft

Hear hear! Thank you to Edmund1000 for raising your concerns and thank you to Cuan for clearing up this matter. I am sure there are other sellers who also do not understand the full concept of dropshipping and this is surely a win for bidders and buyers all around. Well done Bidorbuy!

kyle2
Hi StorminaTcup

Kind regards

Cuan

The Thot Plickens. Funny how things seems to come out in the wash eh?

Guest Guest
Hi.

Cool name abbreviation! It speaks volumes about the writer though. Something to remember in future.

The commission is no mystery, no secret! Just maths! Deduct the shipping and you can look up the balance in the fees rate also clearly displayed on Bidorbuy for every user to see.

Kindest regards :twisted:

Hello again Mr. SIC

Please, no need to be rude. I'm just convulsed by your reasons and odd rationalization... Really, I'm clearly not a seller - sorry.

Alas... So, you tell us that BOB received indeed only x% from R101 and the R290 is duty free - to you?! Not too Shabby...:blink1:

On a sober note: BOB pays indeed dearly for their trust... From an average R146.00 sale they get their x% tip from only R1? R145 goes tax-free to you? :awesome:

Finally - you say: it is "Just maths!": Let's say you had sales of a thousand R1 starting bids with, be fair, two bids...:

Start: R1 - [NO combining - that you clearly warn buyers about.]

Min. Bid Increment R35.00

So, Item costs: R1.00 + R35.00 = R36.00

Let's say: Postage = R290.00 - per item.

Final total: R326.00 X 1000 = R326 000.00 - Sellers must pay postage: Total = R290 000.00

Does it mean that BOB get their commission on R36 000.00 and you 100% legitimately, because you are a registered BOB dropshipper, pockets R290 000.00 "Tax free?!"

And if there was only one bidder?! !! BOB get their %-tax from R1000 where you bank R290 000.00 tax-free. :laugh:...

[if I'm wrong please correct me. If I'm right... BOB may have a spare a R500...]

So, strictly speaking; to import a thousand rings and small pendants Cost around R217 500.00... [Average of R145 and R290 per item sold]

You are wrong mister... It is because of maths that I proved: It is clearly more than just maths.

Edited by Edmund1000
Bolding letters...

qball

Any issues will need to be sorted out between buyer and seller - my recommendation is that the seller partially refunds the buyer for shipping, to be fair. I can see this post is becoming heated, so it will be closed.

The seller raises some legitimate points, but the manner in which this has been described - we are not in agreement with, as this is not actually drop shipping.