Sign in to follow this  
Bertman Trading

Dooney & Bourke All Weather Leather Briefcase/ bag advice please..

Bertman Trading

Hello,

Does any of the bob forummers have a clue what the second hand value of a Dooney & Bourke All Weather Leather Briefcase/ bag could be?

It belonged to the MD of BoB so it is Quite collectable:toung:.

Basically I want to know if it will be worth the trouble listing it on BoB? I know they are pricey new but do they keep value secondhand?

lilythepink

Now, Egbert, please tell us how you acquired Andy's briefcase! Could be a very interesting story!!

And, yes, it is probably well worth listing on BoB - there are many "fans", I am sure, who would bid on it!

Bertman Trading

Hello Janet,

I bought a bulk lot from him a while back which included a lot of BoB stuff from their office! I'm happy to say that their server and PC is part of a successful internet cafe in Olievenhoutbosch Township at the moment.

Would it be fair to profit from his name though?:razz:

JPBon
Hello Janet,

I bought a bulk lot from him a while back which included a lot of BoB stuff from their office! I'm happy to say that their server and PC is part of a successful internet cafe in Olievenhoutbosch Township at the moment.

Would it be fair to profit from his name though?:razz:

Judging from other threads on here, you would need a certificate of Authenticity in case someone is doubtful that it was his :wondering: oh and asking him to uhm fill it with some money might boost interest as well. :idea:

Bertman Trading

Yes JP most likely!

I didn't realise that he was The Man when I collected the items. I saw that his email was from bidorbuy and I asked him what he does at bob? He politely informed me that he founded bob together with other people and I felt like an idiot bigger than MR. J Dilemma:embarrest:

I kept something that I'm sure planted the seed of starting BoB in his head though which is obviously worth millions, but I won't sell that just yet!

lilythepink

I'm sure he would oblige you with a certificate of authenticity, Bertman! Someone once told me that Andy has a good sense of humour so why not just ask him?!

Bertman Trading

Perhaps I will Lily.....:razz:

JPBon

To Quote QBall from another thread, Bid or Buy is not in the business of Verifying goods as to their authenticity.....so it would be a worthless piece of paper then lol

lilythepink
To Quote QBall from another thread, Bid or Buy is not in the business of Verifying goods as to their authenticity.....so it would be a worthless piece of paper then lol

But Andy's personal verification would, surely, over-rule the "rule"? (aka "all rules are made to be broken"!) :wondering: