Sign in to follow this  
SProducts

What's the connection here?

SProducts

I am not accussing anyone for anything, just curious and hoping I dont have to go to a Police Station to open a case. Its soooo iriitating to open a case with regard to online bad sales and the staff have no clue what to do.

I won a bid for a Blackberry 9800, Blackberry - NEW BLACKBERRY 9800 TORCH was sold for R4,200.00 on 21 Nov at 23:45 by louis van elzas in Cape Town (ID:28903471), paid and the seller promised to confirm payment once they checked bank statement and havent. I emailed and no repsond, but negative ratings are piling up. I dont want to panick as yet, but the signs are bad especially with prices and the positive side some people do receive very late though.

I have noticed the buyer All ratings received by LMMZ Trading on bidorbuy.co.za has given positive rating for receiving products fast, but all other buyers havent received anything. I am one of those buyers. The location is too different, how does this buyer receives delivery when all other buyers havent, is he/she a VIP buyer? The rating is going down, now at 87%, am sure by Monday it will be worse.

I am really concerned now.

Edited by SProducts

BumbleBabe

Something looks very fishy, If you have a look at some of the ratings he gave that seller the items were received by LMMZ with in 3 days of bid closing.

And that seller also buy a lot from LMMZ, looks like they buy each others tech products. I really think BOB should have a closer look. I am not accusing any one, it just looks to good to be true.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI SIPHO

I would definitely be worried if i look at the ratings and no response etc.Notify comm watch immediately.Also seem to be another unauthorised drop shipper without stock on hand.I really think enough is enough and all dropshippers must have an icon next to their name and listing so prospective buyers can see this,

Has been raised before but no action yet taken.Also it must be rule of thumb for sellers to state stock is on hand for imm.despatch or if this is not the case then he must state that he is dropshipping and without the icon as registered dropshipper can then easily be reported as illegal selling.

NEIL

BumbleBabe
HI SIPHO

I would definitely be worried if i look at the ratings and no response etc.Notify comm watch immediately.Also seem to be another unauthorised drop shipper without stock on hand.I really think enough is enough and all dropshippers must have an icon next to their name and listing so prospective buyers can see this,

Has been raised before but no action yet taken.Also it must be rule of thumb for sellers to state stock is on hand for imm.despatch or if this is not the case then he must state that he is dropshipping and without the icon as registered dropshipper can then easily be reported as illegal selling.

NEIL

This would solve a lot of problems. Heres hoping

dstorm

Hello Neil

I quote from your post: “all dropshippers must have an icon next to their name and listing so prospective buyers can see this”.

I think that it is a wonderful idea. After all, BidorBuy started off as a retail site, not a site for agents.

On the other hand, perhaps it is time to contact our friends in London and then to open an “office” there. This will allow us to sell items which we do not own. It will also allow us to add astronomical amounts for postage.

Regards

Jacques

SProducts

I have sent an email to hello@bidorbuy.co.za, the seller doesnt have any open items at the moment. Hopefully its just some stupid delay or being busy. The relationship with the buyer LMMZ really concerns me.

Here I was hoping for a peaceful Christmas, now I might have to go up and down through police stations!

SProducts

What a turn of events, last night I received an email from louis with the tracking number. He said he was in ill and that is why he couldnt respond and apologised, even requested a good rating which I am prepared to give if I get my goods, anyway its Christmas season afterall.

I checked the tracking number(as always speed services reuses it without clearing it) and it showed it was collected in April.

Today I check and it shows it was accepted and has been forwarded to Joburg. I should receive it tomorrow morning and I will update.

About the connection with the other buyer, still not sure what's going on there.

kyle2

Good for you SP, people seem to have a habit of assuming the worst sometimes, must be a South African thing, I suppose people are expecting to be conned or ripped off. I think it is probably harder to con a South African than anyone else in the world, we as a nation are very suspicious of everything. Both good and bad in a way.

I am glad things worked out for you, thats a lot of money to throw away.:weeabooface:

JPBon

Hope you get your stuff today Sipho

SProducts
Hope you get your stuff today Sipho

No I havent, but its Speed Services. The item shows it was scanned at Cape Town branch for Joburg networks, but it doesnt show being sent out from Joburg networks. I am hoping for tomorrow and praying speed services doesnt steal the parcel as it will start another long wait.

I though Cape Town(Milnerton) to Joburg was supposed to be overnight, I know some places take more than 1 day, but not major cities.

kyle2

Sorry to disapoint you Sipho, overnight from Capetown is 2-3 days, I had a package sent speed services on Monday, got here Wednesday. Tacked it every step of the way with customer services and aparently thats the time frame.

JPBon

Sipho its also the Time of the year when everything seems to take an age to get anywhere. I went to my PO yesterday, the staff told me that the truck that collects parcels to take them to the main hub, had to call for another truck to come and load as well, as he couldnt fit them all in the one truck. Thats one heck of a load of parcels.

ATA STAMP CENTRE
Sorry to disapoint you Sipho, overnight from Capetown is 2-3 days, I had a package sent speed services on Monday, got here Wednesday. Tacked it every step of the way with customer services and aparently thats the time frame.

HI

Thats nonsense-overnight means overnight and thats what you pay for.Some post offices have cut off times ta 2h30 and some at 4h15.If you post on monday before those times it is guaranteed to its destination the next day at 10 am to the po counter you send it to.Only exception is post on friday and then delivery is following monday as they do not work on saturday.I use speed service extensively and they have never deviated from above.

NEIL

kyle2
HI

Thats nonsense-overnight means overnight and thats what you pay for.Some post offices have cut off times ta 2h30 and some at 4h15.If you post on monday before those times it is guaranteed to its destination the next day at 10 am to the po counter you send it to.Only exception is post on friday and then delivery is following monday as they do not work on saturday.I use speed service extensively and they have never deviated from above.

NEIL

In an ideal world, as soon as the tracking system starts working again, I'll gladly post details of another parcel which was also late from Capetown to Johannesburg, also NOT overnight as requested. I can assure you Neil, I am not talking "nonsense". The parcel was actually posted in the morning well before any cut off time.

This is the message I am now getting from the SAP tracking site

blankspacer.gifblankspacer.gif

Domestic Item Tracking:

linebuilder_blue.gif

blankspacer.gif

Domestic Number:

A critical exception occurred processing your request.

I rest my case.

Tried again, got this message

Error on the server, contact your administrator

Nevermind

Edited by kyle2

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI KYLE'

Sorry, did not mean you were talking nonsense!!I meant it was nonsense to accept that sort of service as overnight is overnight and they must deliver on time and customer services cant explain away that it is normal to take 2/3 days.That sort of service is not acceptable to me and they will lose business if that happened-south africans are generally apethetic when it comes to poor service levels and accept too easily the poor service offered to them.

Hope this clears up my statement.All i am saying is dont accept poor excuses and poor service levels.

Thanks neil

SProducts

Unfortunately the post office doesnt care what overnight means, they do as they please. Take it or leave it, I cannot begin to count negative ratings I received this late November to now due to Speed services dual tracking numbers and previous records. I even have a note on top of the tracking email explaining this possibility, but still buyers rate negative and get angry when they find out their parcel was collected in October already. But I did tell them that's what its going to say!

Anyway, we stuck with them.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

Maybe i am a lucky one but i have over 7000 sales which probably equates to about half that in parcels distirbuted by post office.Almost all are registered and probably 1000 by speed service and many sent overnight and never one problem yet in three years,The only items that did not reach their destination is about 3 items sent by normal mail which i hardly ever use.

NEIL

SProducts
HI

Maybe i am a lucky one but i have over 7000 sales which probably equates to about half that in parcels distirbuted by post office.Almost all are registered and probably 1000 by speed service and many sent overnight and never one problem yet in three years,The only items that did not reach their destination is about 3 items sent by normal mail which i hardly ever use.

NEIL

Please share the luck!

SProducts

I am happy to announce I received my phone today, evrything was there and working. Unfortunately for the seller, many buyers are still complaining and the ratings are piling up. Cannot comment on what's going on there, he said he was sick and he did send my phone afterall.

There are buyers complaining about wrong tracking numbers, maybe the speed services issue could be the reason and there are some buyers also who are receiving theiur phones.

Lets hope everybody is happy as I am, have already updated rating for the seller. Just what I needed to start the weekend after a long tough week!

bmakes

you are lucky indeed,the only reason you,got your phone is cause you were threatening to go to the cops,a lot of buyers won,t get their phones,I smelled a rat and requested my bidding to be deleted on one of his phones,when I saw he was buying used phones from other sellers,this didn't make any sense,concidering the large quantities of different phones and models he was offering,most phones he was selling at a loss,unfortunately I see other new sellers have picked up this trend by offering large number of pricey items,which is scary,Louis must have creamed over R 100,000,BID OR BUY HAVE BECOME A DANGEROUS PLACE TO BUY.

ATA STAMP CENTRE
I am not accussing anyone for anything, just curious and hoping I dont have to go to a Police Station to open a case. Its soooo iriitating to open a case with regard to online bad sales and the staff have no clue what to do.

I won a bid for a Blackberry 9800, Blackberry - NEW BLACKBERRY 9800 TORCH was sold for R4,200.00 on 21 Nov at 23:45 by louis van elzas in Cape Town (ID:28903471), paid and the seller promised to confirm payment once they checked bank statement and havent. I emailed and no repsond, but negative ratings are piling up. I dont want to panick as yet, but the signs are bad especially with prices and the positive side some people do receive very late though.

I have noticed the buyer All ratings received by LMMZ Trading on bidorbuy.co.za has given positive rating for receiving products fast, but all other buyers havent received anything. I am one of those buyers. The location is too different, how does this buyer receives delivery when all other buyers havent, is he/she a VIP buyer? The rating is going down, now at 87%, am sure by Monday it will be worse.

I am really concerned now.

ADMIN

What is going on with this seller-I think security needs to investigate this.

NEIL

qball

We can find no concrete links between the buyer and seller, except the purchases.

Louis has been co-operating with us. He has also started refunding buyers and has sent us proof of the refunds.

Kind regards

Cuan

dstorm

Hello Cuan

I really do not understand your last post.

Every time I list an item. I am forced to click that I am CONTRATUALLY BOUND to complete all sales.

Where does this refund thing come into the scheme?

I am not being facetious. I really want to know why the rules are not being consistently applied.

Thanks and regards

Jacques

SProducts
We can find no concrete links between the buyer and seller, except the purchases.

Louis has been co-operating with us. He has also started refunding buyers and has sent us proof of the refunds.

Kind regards

Cuan

That sounds better, especially since my luck has run out because the phone cant connect to BIS or register. The pin looks like its been registered to someone or some network. I have been communicating with louis and he responds to all my emails and hopefully we'll get it sorted out.