Sign in to follow this  
bekka87266

What to do if you've sorted out a complaint & the buyer refuses to retract neg rating

bekka87266

I've got this guy who won an auction, the total cost of the item was under R30 so I posted it without a tracking number.

(I've been doing it all the time and items were all received sound and safe)

Then I received a negative rating from this guy telling me he didn't receive the item.

I emailed him back and told him to send me his banking detail so I cound refund him, he refused.

And I got called a liar for not wanting to complete an auction under cost price.(?)

He even threatened to promote my "unprofessionalism" to all his fellow BoB'ers.

Okay, fine, so I resent him one, this time with a tracking number.

It shows on SAPO that this guy received the parcel on the 29th of November already.:weird:

He doesn't reply to my emails and didn't retract the negative rating until now, so what do I do?

Little Miss Muffet

I will probably get into trouble for this but there is nothing worse than being ignored.

Zap him a negative back it awakens the senses.

Then you can-------

rofl.jpg.20950624c1d90213458658a4b6a0f20f.jpg

Edited by geewhizz

Vinyl Lady Decals

I think in this case, I agree with geewhizz

BumbleBabe

I totally agree with geewhizz, this buyer has now lost its status as a good buyer and there for in my opinion can get a negative.

bekka87266

Thanks guys, I've already got a negative rating from this dude, so what more can happen?

Gonna do it right away, will update any news!:cool:

Asha Craft Jewellery

erm... that could be considered revenge rating. he did pay, you did post. the best you can do now is keep nagging him for a better rating :hm:

kyle2
erm... that could be considered revenge rating. he did pay, you did post. the best you can do now is keep nagging him for a better rating :hm:

Quite right, it will be seen as a revenge rating, you really should have contacted Bob first to resolve the matter, you've kinda lost a bit of ground now. Hope it works out in the end though.:worried:

booksallsizes

Would it really be considered a revenge rating if this buyer was rude to the seller? And if he is not replying to emails? I think that this quite deserves one on its own 'merits', not as a reaction to to the negative he left.... If someone called me a liar and ignored all attempts to make contact, I'd certainly see that as a justifiable reason to rate negatively. But, I could be wrong - there is such a fine line with the ratings system as to what's right and what's wrong...

kyle2

I think what Bob will probably say is to try and not get emotional when making decisions, you are after all running a business and should keep those ethics in mind when dealing with customers, even if they drive you to murder. Best is to involve Bob if you feel unfairly treated buy your customer.

mellowred

The rating is on your experience as a whole. A buyer may pay up quick and so you give a good rating. Then he gets the product finds some fault which he overlooked in the listing, rates negative and harasses you continuously.

I'm not referring to this buyer - I have no idea who he is, so am just commenting in general.

An unjust, harassing buyer deserves a negative or at least a neutral. If you look at the ratings given to sellers from some buyers, you can see they are just out to complain and make life uncomfortable for all.

I think it is fair to rate honestly so that other sellers can decide if they want to deal with the buyer or not.

Little Miss Muffet

She gets a neg for a parcel lost in the post--not her fault

She offers to refund and buyer "Ignores" her so she sends a replacement and buyer still "Ignores" her

I hate that. I detest it with a passion when someone just ignores all correspondence.

It is rude.

To me that is a negative experiance with a buyer and as usual it turns out to be a new buyer.

I think,and grant new buyers this,they get nervous about loosing money and rate with their emotions but no one has the right to ignore emails when a seller is offering her assistance.:push:

ClickandShip

Rom. 12:17-21 - “Repay no one evil for evil, but take thought for what is honest and proper and noble in the sight of everyone.

If possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave the way open for ***’s wrath...

Little Miss Muffet

"Treat not a fool according to his folly lest you become like him"

"Treat a fool according to his folly lest he become wise in his own eyes"

2 Verses following each other in proverbs that contradict one another or rather that every situation should be judged on its merits.:awesome:

Edited by geewhizz

ClickandShip

I am doing a bible study on Christianity and the Scripture in relation to business, I think when we fail in life it's because we have strayed from the instructions set out in the Word, so logic tells me that if I fail to take heed to the Scripture in relation to my business, I will fail there to.

I have learned alot already, but it is really hard to pin point exactly where to apply the parables and integrate into how I deal with situations.

So far, I will never issue another Negative rating again, I will not deal with individuals that don't play by the rules, and no matter what, I will have to learn to RESPECT and BE SOFTER to those that talk harshly to or about me. <---- May take some time..:worried:

Little Miss Muffet

I think we should go by our peace level.

Do I have peace about this? Am I overcharging? Am I giving a true description of this or hiding something?

It reminds me of the time when my son was studying and delivering pizza for some extra cash.

He had to deliver a pizza to someone that cost R30.

He realized afterwards that this person had given him R20 and R100 instead of R20 and R10.

I said he must go back and refund her but the pizza boss told him to leave it.

I questioned him about it a few days later and he told me he decided to leave it.

A week later his R1500 cell phone was stolen.

"Karma I thought".

When he told me about the cell phone I just said ":Mmmm expensive pizza that"

He got the message

ClickandShip

just got goosies!! any way...I am on my way now to a place I will never find peace with....the Post Office..C U Later.

kyle2
I am doing a bible study on Christianity and the Scripture in relation to business, I think when we fail in life it's because we have strayed from the instructions set out in the Word, so logic tells me that if I fail to take heed to the Scripture in relation to my business, I will fail there to.

I have learned alot already, but it is really hard to pin point exactly where to apply the parables and integrate into how I deal with situations.

So far, I will never issue another Negative rating again, I will not deal with individuals that don't play by the rules, and no matter what, I will have to learn to RESPECT and BE SOFTER to those that talk harshly to or about me. <---- May take some time..:worried:

Wonderful to hear you've taken this route, luckely there are many regilions as well as Christianity that advocate peace, love, harmony and the respect of others.

I firmly believe in Karma and know that the universe acts on those who act on it, it's just up to you what action to initialise. Work in harmony with the universe and you will live a harmonious life.:angel:

bekka87266
Would it really be considered a revenge rating if this buyer was rude to the seller? And if he is not replying to emails? I think that this quite deserves one on its own 'merits', not as a reaction to to the negative he left.... If someone called me a liar and ignored all attempts to make contact, I'd certainly see that as a justifiable reason to rate negatively. But, I could be wrong - there is such a fine line with the ratings system as to what's right and what's wrong...

I somehow, kinda feel like it's a bit of revenge rating, but this guy gave me a neg before I even tried to sort out his query, he did this just after my email to him asking if I could refund him.

To show you guys how this guy discriminates, here's the original email he sent:

I refuse to retract my negative rating. Because I won the item for a

price below cost

U people don't want to complete the sale. U guys claim that u sent the

item but in reality u didn't as u have no proof ie tracking number. So

don't get pissed at the negative rating. I will let as many bidorbuy

friends know about your lack of professioalism.

bekka87266

even better, I've got the SAPO proof that this guy went to fetch the parcel himself.

I see he also stopped buying after I updated my rating to him. Hopefully my fellow buyers don't get harrassed anymore by him, I'm glad.

It's actually very sad for me, since I practically LOST not one, but two items I could have sold. The postage I paid for both deliveries add up to another new item's cost.

I don't think this guy is even new, he's got 20 completed, positive purchases on system.

We all, by all means, get upset when negative anything is thrown at us, I can't agree more, but still, I reserve the right to get emotional with people that calls me a liar and literally STOLE my goods from me.... He paid, for one item and gave me 10 times' worth of trouble and loss.:suspicious:

JPBon

there is a moral in this story; always post with a tracking number.

Little Miss Muffet

I think the moral of the story is always send parcels with a tracking number and send all emails through your sales page.

You now cannot prove the first parcel was sent so have no leg to stand on where there may be an unfair rating.

It is your word against his assumption.

It always takes a person or two to make things unpleasant for us.

Little Miss Muffet
snap geewhizz

We were typing the same thing at the same time.So true!!

bekka87266
We were typing the same thing at the same time.So true!!

Yeah I know, and that's why I posted a replacment for him.

Like I said, I've been posting lower costing items like this quite a few times and he's the ONLY buyer not receiving the item.

I don't blame him for not receiving the posted item in this case, but still, to pick that up and throw it in my face is another story.

Does BoB actually have a resolution to this kind of problem?

And yes yes yes, I do get the moral now. :P :rolleyes:

Gert JC

Hi All,

I had the same experience a while ago when I bought a product (new & sealed) from the seller and and was awarded with a positive rating as a good buyer etc. Unfortunately the product to my opinion was of inferior quality and not fit for purpose. I did sent a email notifying the seller but received no reply and then gave the seller a negative rating only to realise the email was stuck in the outbox and was sent late. The seller immediately retaliated in changing the positive rating given to me to a negative rating. *** fot Tat basis it look like to me.

I returned the product but stil await a reply, comments or replacement.