Sign in to follow this  
Thunderwarrior

What can I do if seller refuses to send item even though he agreed to cheque payment.

Thunderwarrior

I won this auction and now the seller refuses to send the item to me.

35mm SLR - Zenit 35 mm SLR with Helios-44M-44 58mm1:2 lens was sold for R235.00 on 17 Nov at 22:16 by Howard Neill in Cape Town (ID:28556959)

He also charged a lot for postage (R75.00 ordinary parcel post)), telling me that I am welcome to cancel the deal if I was unhappy about it.

I paid by cheque to Bobpay and then cancelled said cheque because of a ref # discrepancy and re-issued it the following day. But prior to doing this I emailed the seller and he said it was not a problem. If He did not agree with the payment method (cheque) he could have said so at the time and I could have deposited cash instead of the cheque the following morning.

He filed a SNC against me without first contacting me, and he also had proof at that time that I had deposited the money into Bobpay as I had emailed it to him as a courtesy after I deposited the money into BoBpay.

I have since discovered that the seller had bought the item from another bidder a couple of months earlier at a much higher price. Perhaps he is not happy with the price he has received.

I do not agree to the seller cancelling this deal, however I am afraid that I will lose both the money and item I bid on if I don't.

I have sent proof of purchase to the Seller, BOB accounts and to satisfy the SNC filed against me,

I have also contacted community watch but I have had no response.

The seller has also sent me an email wanting to know my banking details so as to refund the money, however he still has the SNC filed against me.

Can anybody please give me advice on how I should proceed.

Edited by Thunderwarrior

Guest Guest

Hello-oo mister-warrior...

Honestly... You should have send that letter directly to BOB. Yes, I see you did - just be a little more patient, they will surely attent to you too.

No need to try and besmear the person here.:sad:

Really!

Can anybody please give me advice on how I should proceed.

Just chill out...:biggrin:

PS (What's up with the cheque payment - that's ve-e-ery slow man! OK, OK...! I'm just pondering)

Edited by Edmund1000
a to the.... ;-)

Thunderwarrior

Hi Edmund1000

Thanks for the reply.

No need to try and besmear the person here

My intention is not to besmear anybody. I am seeking advice and have been searching the forum to find similar situations and advice given.

The 2nd cheque was paid in on the morning of the 20th Nov, The auction closed on the 17th at 22.30. I had no idea that a cheque would take so long to clear :surprised:. and It is the first time that I have used BoBPay.

The seller said that it was no problem paying by cheque.

Do you have any idea on how long it takes BoB to respond?

lilythepink
Do you have any idea on how long it takes BoB to respond?

BoB are normally on the ball and respond within 24 hours. But think about this - most banks take 10 days to clear a cheque so perhaps you are being a little bit hasty in judging the seller. He/she is prepared to refund you your money and I don't blame him too much in the circumstances as most sellers want their money from the buyers quicker than that. Just my 10 cents worth ...

Thunderwarrior
He/she is prepared to refund you your money and I don't blame him too much in the circumstances as most sellers want their money from the buyers quicker than that.

The buyer agreed to a cheque payment. He could easily have requested cash.:confused:

I live on a farm and do not have EFT as we have a very poor internet connection and travelling to the bank takes over 45min.

If the seller did not agree to a cheque deposit, I would have deposited cash.

voldermort

Hi Thunderwarrior

I would suggest contacting BoB telephonically Monday morning on 0861 88 0861 and explaining the situation. As you say if he agreed to a cheque payment in the 1st place, whether it takes 10 days or 10 monthes to clear is not the issue, the simple fact is he did not object to the cheque payment.

Give them a ring and I'm sure they will sort it out for you.

Guest Guest
BoB are normally on the ball and respond within 24 hours. But think about this - most banks take 10 days to clear a cheque so perhaps you are being a little bit hasty in judging the seller. He/she is prepared to refund you your money and I don't blame him too much in the circumstances as most sellers want their money from the buyers quicker than that. Just my 10 cents worth ...

Their (BOB) responding time is direct proportional to the importance of the issue/problem at hand...:surprised:

[:biggrin:]

P.S. On a lighter note: :wtf:

I live on a farm and do not have EFT as we have a very poor internet connection and travelling to the bank takes over 45min.

If the seller did not agree to a cheque deposit, I would have deposited cash.

Is a cheque deposit not also travelling to the bank ~ over 45min. = deposit cash.

Can one email a cheque nowadays?! :awesome: WOW!

Edited by Edmund1000

Thunderwarrior
BoB are normally on the ball and respond within 24 hours.

Thanks, That is very quick.

I would suggest contacting BoB telephonically Monday morning on 0861 88 0861 and explaining the situation.

Thanks voldermort, I will give them a ring on Monday.

Guest Guest

Just for the record... I may come over as being too harsh...?:nuts:

But honestly, the sellers on BOB have a terrible time with plenty narcissistic buyers who cannot wait to rate sellers neutral or negative! :mad: [Please click on: Narcissistic Personality Disorder if unsure about your current mental-status information...]

So, please forgive me for my :thinking:..., wry perspective... But like many other buyers, I cannot stand it when these poor people get whipped.

Let's be kind to those who truly try to do their best... Surely, they do not sell goods to get badmouthed or insulted etc.. Who knows, maybe they just may have a real family and an actual "real life". Too? ~Sighs~

Mistakes should not be justified... Especially poor-judgment ones.

Best wishes.

Edited by Edmund1000
Nothing much really...