Sign in to follow this  
daisyjewel

What is happening here?

daisyjewel

Hi there ... this buyer is using my pictures ... Items for sale from anikamarias004 on bidorbuy.co.za and I know for a fact she has not bought the items from me ... I stongly suspect she does not actually have the items in stock as all the items she has listed are from different suppliers in a few different countries... and I take all my own pictures...

Someone did the same thing a few weeks back and was blacklisted.

Vinyl Lady Decals

And now all her listings are gone.

daisyjewel

Hi Tanaka .. they are not gone... they were just sold on the crazy Friday ... so they all closed.. you can see the items under "recently sold"...

I am not too sure that the customers will be getting their items specially since they did sell for R1

lilythepink

Seriously fishy if you ask me. Also a very, very new seller! Hope Father BoB is keeping an eye on her!

As for using your pictures - I think that alone is a serious infraction on BoB and, in fact, is theft!!

Miss Jewels

I have one particular buyer who regularly uses my pics. Some of my watermark logo's can actually be seen on the rings as I have markings in the middle and bottom section of my items. Quite frustrating at times, especially as most of my items are copied over word-for-word. I really take time to measure my stones, width of ring, etc, etc. and the equipment to do this is not cheap!

Seriously fishy if you ask me. Also a very, very new seller! Hope Father BoB is keeping an eye on her!

As for using your pictures - I think that alone is a serious infraction on BoB and, in fact, is theft!!

Vinyl Lady Decals

Sorry, didn't think to look there.

Yes, I agree with lilythepink, this is really not OK.

I wonder if reporting it to community watch would make a difference?

lilythepink

Most definitely report it to community watch, Tananka. BoB take a dim few of theft!

daisyjewel

Hi Lily I did report to community watch and the answer I got was to watermark my images to avoid this happening again. The thing is I do put my logo onto the images but this person has just photo-shopped them out. Anyway, it is not great disaster to me ... but I really doubt that the seller will be delievering the goods to the people who won them because they only sold for R1. And as I said all the items they have listed I source from different suppliers -- in three different countries .. it does seem unlikely that they would have been able to source from the exact same three international suppliers and know to find those images from my listings ... and then put them on bidorbuy. That is why I say it seems really unlikely that the seller actually has the stock. I also know for a fact she has not bought the items from me... anyway... time will tell if the people will actually get the items or not.

lilythepink

If you're correct, daisyjewel, then her drop-shipping is going to cause her being disabled! I don't think she realises what she's let herself in for and certainly doesn't seem to have read the BoB rules!