Six little dog blessings you probably take for granted:

DestinysAngels

:angel:SIX LITTLE DOG BLESSINGS YOU PROBABLY TAKE FOR GRANTED :angel:

1. The cold, wet nose alarm clock in the morning;

2. The traipsing to be with you for no reason at all;

3. Little tickling foot licks;

4. The feel of the coat and the sound of the breathing;

5. Being there...no matter what happens;

6. Coming back for more play, more love, or more attention even after you've been bad tempered!

Edited by DestinysAngels

BumbleBabe

Have to love this :love:

lilythepink

I am not allowed to sleep late anymore! And, yes, I love the cold wet nose which wakes me up in the mornings! Sometimes I am allowed to turn over and go back to sleep provided it's with the large dog lying next to me on the bed and then MrAerospace has no more room in the bed!

DestinysAngels

Thoughts for the Day!

:love:One day Dad says so Mum, "Either I go, or some of these bloody dogs have to go." "But they don't have anywhere to go." Dad is in a rage. He aims a kick at a cluster of dogs, who cheerfully return his gesture with jump-up licking let's-playfulness. Mum says, "See? How sweet."

The world was conquered through the understanding of dogs, the world exists through the understanding of dogs.

Money will buy you a fine dog, but only love can make it wag it's tail.

A bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be.

I used to look at some of my dogs thinking, "If you were a little smarter you could tell me what you were thinking," and they'd all look back at me as if they were saying, "If you were a little smarter, I wouldn't have to."

I love dogs. They live in the moment and don't care about anything except affection and food. They're loyal and happy. Humans are just too damn complicated.

Acquring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative.:love:

dstorm

Hello Hello DestinysAngels

Money will buy you a fine dog, but only love can make it wag it's tail.”

My dog cost R100-00. At his current weight of 70kg that is about R1-40 per kilo.

Or R100-00 per 10 tons of unconditional love per day.

Regards

Jacques

mellowred

DA wonderful words and so very true. I really miss my little dog and miss having a dog in the home. Hope to adopt a little one from the SPCA when we move.

My dog cost R100-00. At his current weight of 70kg that is about R1-40 per kilo.

Hi Jacques. I bet feeding those 70kg costs a bit more that R1,40 per kg :amuse:

dstorm

Hello Mellowred

No he does not eat a lot. He is far to lazy.

The only bad part about this is that he has me well trained. Biltong, Kentucky, anything dog-like from the ridge, etc, has to be shared. As in SHARED.

He is our little shopping centre’s mascot. And our security guard. He goes to work with me every day and must have about a 1000 admirers. Photos taken of the “Big Dog” etc.

When he was three months old, two vets gave him about another three months to live. So I decided to give him heaven on earth. Apart from the different mutis that we gave him, we showered him with all kinds of “bad” treats (which I will not mention in case the SPCA takes him away from me). Almost seven years later he is still alive (his condition contained within reason). Shows you what a lot of unconditional love can do.

Regards

Jacques

BumbleBabe
Hello Mellowred

The only bad part about this is that he has me well trained. Biltong, Kentucky, anything dog-like from the ridge, etc, has to be shared. As in SHARED.

He is our little shopping centre’s mascot. And our security guard. He goes to work with me every day and must have about a 1000 admirers. Photos taken of the “Big Dog” etc.

When he was three months old, two vets gave him about another three months to live. So I decided to give him heaven on earth. Apart from the different mutis that we gave him, we showered him with all kinds of “bad” treats (which I will not mention in case the SPCA takes him away from me). Almost seven years later he is still alive (his condition contained within reason). Shows you what a lot of unconditional love can do.

Regards

Jacques

Aw that is so sweet, and the SPCA will never take a love animal away. I got my babies for free from the SPCA because I used to work for them. They are my life and the most colorful dogs you will ever meet. The one is over 16 years old now and still going strong the other one thinks she is a rottie, been torn to pieces 4 times in her life, 3 times just this year. We patch her up and she just goes again. She did one night chase 3 rotties out of our yard and we were so shocked that we could not even move. The second last time she got bitten buy a varkhond, two came into our yard and she was trying to protect us. My hubby wrestled her out of the dogs mouth and we took her to the vet. She made it and was out chasing every thing again. She is over 12 years old now and I am afraid if she gets bitten by the monkeys again she will not make it.:wondering:

Oh and 3 out of the 4 times it was varkhonde that bit her and the last one was monkeys.

She still hops like a rabbit and fishes out stones from the pond :weird:

mellowred

Hi Jacques

That's what I was referring to - the quality not necessarily quantity. But then again, the one mostly leads to the other. My cat has a chicken thigh to herself each time we get Kentucky. Pretty hefty eating for a little 7kg moggie :shock:.

He is a beauty.

Nothing better on earth :smile:

DestinysAngels

:grin:Jacques, thank you so much for sharing your story, it just shows you how love can heal. Mellow you will find the true furry love and when you do you will know immediately. For me i love them all and will never be able to decide one from another, that makes it very hard! Thanks everyone for the lovely replies!

mellowred

You know what DA, I have never actively sought out a pet (boss(??). They have all turned up at my door for one or other reason, and all have brought great joy in my life.

One was only with me for a matter of months. He arrived as a stray, stealing food until I invited him in. What a pure little darling he was. Unfortunately he came with a brain tumour which months of treatment could not cure. But I was blessed with him and he had a good home to live out his last days in. I'm a bit off topic as I'm talking about a cat, but in their own unique ways, all pets bring love and joy to our lives.

DestinysAngels
You know what DA, I have never actively sought out a pet (boss(??). They have all turned up at my door for one or other reason, and all have brought great joy in my life.

One was only with me for a matter of months. He arrived as a stray, stealing food until I invited him in. What a pure little darling he was. Unfortunately he came with a brain tumour which months of treatment could not cure. But I was blessed with him and he had a good home to live out his last days in. I'm a bit off topic as I'm talking about a cat, but in their own unique ways, all pets bring love and joy to our lives.

:razz:Then that was meant to be, not so, you have a heart of gold and that is a wonderfull quality. Please feel free to speak about your cat/s, they too are part of the animal world, i enjoy hearing about all the stories people has to tell, whether it's about a dog, a cat or a monkey or even an elephant or birds, to me they are all categorized on the same level. I just love dogs, they truely are very human like in their little ways, especially the Yorkies!

mellowred

Yorkies are very cute, and would be an ideal breed for Hennie. Someone told me that their hair is the closest possible to human hair. So for someone who is allergic to everything these little ones would be a solution.

I'm terrified of the miniatures though. I'd be hopping around worrying about stepping on them.

DestinysAngels
Yorkies are very cute, and would be an ideal breed for Hennie. Someone told me that their hair is the closest possible to human hair. So for someone who is allergic to everything these little ones would be a solution.

I'm terrified of the miniatures though. I'd be hopping around worrying about stepping on them.

:laugh:So right you are, the Yorshire Terrier is the only Dog Breed that are recommended for Asmatics and people with Allergies. Their hair is like human hair and grows with such speed and if you don't groom them regularly their hair turns into knots and breaks very easily, i only use Dentist/Orthodontist Rubber bands (the ones they use for the teeth), they are very nice to use and breakage is kept to a minimum whereafter i will put in some bows and other baby hair clips, etc.

Don't be terrified of them, once you had one you will never look back and most probably want more, (the Yorkies love sitting on your foot as their instict tells them you might step on them, but you know what i also felt that way, but never stepped on one yet and one of my babies only weighs 1kg and she is 6 years old), Yorkies are very much addictive little beings. I have had lots of different breeds, from big to small, but the Yorkie is by far one of my favourites as they show extreme human emotions! Although i have to add if you ever want a Jack Russel please just make sure you stay on a farm or a plot, they might look small and seem to fit the part but this is so not true, they need excercise and a big yard or else they will drive you mad if they don't get it, so be warned, ever noticed everywhere you go people always advertise their Jack Russel is missing, well this is one of the reasons, they are temperamental too and they won't forgive you if you hurt them and they will get you back sooner or later!

If you ever need advice on dogs or what dog is the right one for you, you are most welcome to shout, i will gladly help you, have a great evening further!

Edited by DestinysAngels