Sign in to follow this  
bookaddict

Don't buy from Mancanca aka Sipho Malinga!!!

bookaddict

If you come across this guy and I wouldn't be surprised if he is operating under another name selling either cellphnes or laptops from Kriel or Upington don't buy from him!!

I took a chance against better advice because i wanted to give him an oppotunity as a first time seller and based on how professional his storefront looked as well as he quick and informed comments which gave the impression he was efficient - but it was all a fraud, it wasn't long before there was a long list excuses and lies with regard to sending me my laptop so i have now had to write off my money. What worries me is that there is no real protection for buyers from these crooks and as a result i will no longer trust first time sellers - so if more and more people don't trust these guys where does this leave BOB for the future?

qball

We are sorry to hear about your purchase. Please contact our security team at communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za, including all supporting documents etc. Whilst we make every effort to try make the site as safe as possible, we do recommend you purchase from well established and trusted sellers on the site or Verified Sellers. We also have many helpful tips and guidelines for trading safely on our site - Help - Buying - Tips for Buying.

We can assure you the majority of transactions that take place do so free from any incident or issues like this.

Thank you

Cuan

Guest Guest

I took a chance against better advice because i wanted to give him an oppotunity as a first time seller and...?

Winning Bidders

R2,650.00, on 19 Nov 13:56, by bookaddict (40 rating1.gif)

If you are a winning bidder cart_go.png Complete Your Purchase

Runners-up

R2,500.00 on 19 Nov 13:54, by galago (1288 rating5.gif)

R2,000.00 on 19 Nov 12:11, by ella1891 (80 )

R1,900.00 on 19 Nov 12:49, by NoasH (21 )

R1,600.00 on 19 Nov 11:12, by Vickyranjith (86 )

R1,500.00 on 19 Nov 10:09, by PremG (13 )

R1,450.00 on 19 Nov 10:22, by magomboe (3)

R1,000.00 on 19 Nov 09:58, by prasantha (no ratings)

R501.00 on 19 Nov 09:48, by pushpum (0)

R301.00 on 19 Nov 09:51, by HarryMac (724 )

LOL... There were quite a few very eager people..., also wanting to give him an opportunity as a first time seller... You clearly sniped... Plenty bidders... You were just having an unlucky sniping day...:wink:

What worries me is that there is no real protection for buyers from these crooks and as a result i will no longer trust first time sellers - so if more and more people don't trust these guys where does this leave BOB for the future?

It will surely not change BOB in any way. This is sad to say, everyday-normal. BOB has by far more honest sellers than scammers... A fact. Make sure you don't snipe too often on the items of first time sellers. If the deal is too good to be true...; it's likely not true...:biggrin:

PS Hope you get your money back.

Edited by Edmund1000
Kleinigheid...

bookaddict

Thanks for the advice but the thing that caught me is that I really did not expect to win based on all the bidding and then once I had won I felt that I could not cancel the sale in fear of negative ratings. I know how it feels when bidders don't bother pay and didn't want to be like them so i felt committed to the sale. And what topped it all was how he told me how he followed BOB's advice and took a loss on the item so that he could get a positive rating and stupid me felt sorry for him and was even willing to pay a bit extra once I received the laptop. Any way Dammed if you do and dammed if you don't, and I say again how do start at BOB if you can't trust any first time sellers?

Guest Guest
...the thing that caught me is that I really did not expect to win based on all the bidding and then once I had won I felt that I could not cancel the sale in fear of negative ratings. I know how it feels when bidders don't bother pay and didn't want to be like them so i felt committed to the sale. And what topped it all was how he told me how he followed BOB's advice and took a loss on the item so that he could get a positive rating and stupid me felt sorry for him and was even willing to pay a bit extra once I received the laptop.

Man... :wtf:, you had it coming! Sorry to add this...: you were indeed looking for trouble anyway...

Any way Dammed if you do and dammed if you don't, and I say again how do start at BOB if you can't trust any first time sellers?

Hi!

Nobody is "dammed" if they do or don't buy here! [Are you not a descendent of Shakespeare...? :shock: ]

The answer is simple:

Who asked you to trust anybody? You look and sound very suspicious to me by now man! Are you not trying us..?:thinking:

[0] Read ALL the guidelines BOB gives to ALL of us; based on years of others direct joy, pain, observation and active participation here. Read it please.

[1] Nobody holds a gun against your head.

[2] What you want to buy on BOB is likely a bargain, ~hint-hint~; which you can buy elsewhere or, something you would like to have.

[3] If it is a pacemaker or a respirator etc. ..., do NOT BUY it from ANYBODY: unverified or not, without ratings - only with ratings like the seller " EWAAN Galleries (6919 ) verifieduser.gif "

[4] Just - simply leave that job to other buyers/sellers! Look at the highways.... There is ALWAYS cars on it. Quiet at times yes but, never deserted.

Lastly, you have to remind yourself the following facts constantly here: "There will be NO crises on BOB if I stop buying from this site... If I slip out of the bid/buying queue, I'm just making [bidding] space for two more buyers..."

Surely, you can't still say; "I say again how do start at BOB if you can't trust any first time sellers?"

Good luck. Really!

Edited by Edmund1000
Bolding a letter or two...

bookaddict

UPDATE: Anyway after some venting has been done and dusted - just to let you know he got someone else for nearly Five grand:shock:. Good luck, out there guys it is dangerous waters for us guppies, there are some clever sharks out there thats for sure!

Guest Guest
UPDATE: Anyway after some venting has been done and dusted - just to let you know he got someone else for nearly Five grand:shock:. Good luck, out there guys it is dangerous waters for us guppies, there are some clever sharks out there thats for sure!

Good for you man! icon14.gif

About those cyprinodonts here...:"To abstain from bidding is for most bobbeling BOB-guppies the best way to go..." (I think I have read that somewhere in their Facts or Fiction section? :thinking:... BOB's FOF section...)

I agree, we should try to spread the losses...:blink1:

PS Hope They take hold of that snake ASAP...!

Edited by Edmund1000
Adding "have."