Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

How Does Joe Soap Buy An Item On BoB?

wayjen    10
wayjen

If Mr and Mrs Joe Soap are looking for a gift on the interwebz and they come across BoB with the item how do they buy this item? Do they place a bid and thats that or do they have to sign up on BoB giving their particular details like we did when we signed up as sellers and does BoB check that the information they give is fake or not?

The reason I ask is that there are some people with no ratings bidding on items and then either not completing the purchase or saying THEY never bid on the item involved so was wondering if they go through all the paperwork just to mess people around.

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe

Nope as far as I know you can just sign up with your ID and start buying or selling

wayjen    10
wayjen
Nope as far as I know you can just sign up with your ID and start buying or selling

Now it makes you wonder why a person goes through all that and still does not complete a purchase or says they never bid on the item.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

It's now school holidays, Wayne, and I think we can anticipate children (bored teenagers) signing up with false personal information and then bidding on items. Annoying as it is, I'm not sure that there is anything Father BoB can do about it, unfortunately. Would be interesting to hear Andries' take on this!

wayjen    10
wayjen

yeah and wait for the little pyromaniacs and stone throwers soon too.