Sign in to follow this  
BumbleBabe

Msg System, is any one ells having problems?

BumbleBabe

Hi all, I bought items from JPBon and he send me a msg on the system with my tracking number yesterday. I did not receive this msg and it still does not show on my sales page. He was kind to send it to me again.

I only use this system to communicate with my buyers, how do I know my msg are getting to my buyers?

kebs

Hmm... very worrying as I also only use this method...

JPBon

Its only because we were chatting to each other that I discovered that Bumblebabe didnt receive my message, I immediately emailed my buyers as well.

BumbleBabe

It is very worrying, if my buyers dont get the msg then it looks like I am not communicating or worse :worried:

JPBon
It is very worrying, if my buyers dont get the msg then it looks like I am not communicating or worse :worried:

Thats exactly what i thought, hence i followed up with an email to all of you once you told me. Luckily I know that you would understand but others might not.

BumbleBabe

I just send BOB team an e-mail

MsPlod

Also bought something from JPBon and did not get a message - received your follow-up email though - great stuff JP!!

JPBon

The system obviously doesnt like me then lol

BumbleBabe
The system obviously doesnt like me then lol

Well as far as we know :razz: lol

I just hope it likes me just a little :rolleyes:

MacMuffin
Hi all, I bought items from JPBon and he send me a msg on the system with my tracking number yesterday. I did not receive this msg and it still does not show on my sales page. He was kind to send it to me again.

I only use this system to communicate with my buyers, how do I know my msg are getting to my buyers?

Hi BumbleBabe. I looked at JPBon's sales to you and cross-checked with our mail-server logs and can confirm that for both messages where the tracking number was sent, our mail-server forwarded the email to Hotmail/Live:

Our records (the first timestamp is when the message was sent by JPBon via the Sales Page and the 2nd timestamp is when our mail-server handed the mail over to the recipient mail-server):

1 Dec 10 10:27

Dec 1 10:35:45 backend postfix/smtp[30893]: 989244CF00C: to=, status=sent

(Our marketing team ran the iPad-competition reminder during that time, hence a bit of delay on the outbound message)

2 Dec 10 07:43

Dec 2 07:43:54 backend postfix/smtp[12511]: AA2514CF07D: to=, status=sent

(2nd message with tracking number - literally within a few seconds was handed over).

As you are using a Live-account, I suggest to whitelist bidorbuy mails. This might help - we do occasionally get scenarios where a legit transactional mail is incorrectly identified as spam.

BumbleBabe

Thanks MacMuffin, but as I said it is not even showing on the order detail page. If it did I would have looked at my e-mail first. And MsPlot also did not get the msg does she also use live?

(Our marketing team ran the iPad-competition reminder during that time, hence a bit of delay on the outbound message)

This one is not showing at all.

JPBon

Mr MacMuffin i sent three buyers there messages but have a feeling none went out the first time.

MacMuffin
Thanks MacMuffin, but as I said it is not even showing on the order detail page. If it did I would have looked at my e-mail first. And MsPlot also did not get the msg does she also use live?

This one is not showing at all.

I sent you an email with screenshots - the items bought page shows "1 message from seller" and clicking through to the order shows the tracking number there as well. Perhaps I am missing something or am looking at the wrong order?

JPBon

MacMuffin on item 3395635 to ms plod i sent a message at 1 dec 10 10:32 with tracking number does that one show up?

as for Bumblebabe I sent her message twice once at 1027 am on the first and at 743 this morning I sent it again.

BumbleBabe

Yes you are missing something, there should be 2 msg not just one. Where has the first msg gone? You your self showed us the 2 msg and on the screen shot you can see there is only one.

eZethu Coins
Hi BumbleBabe. I looked at JPBon's sales to you and cross-checked with our mail-server logs and can confirm that for both messages where the tracking number was sent, our mail-server forwarded the email to Hotmail/Live:

Our records (the first timestamp is when the message was sent by JPBon via the Sales Page and the 2nd timestamp is when our mail-server handed the mail over to the recipient mail-server):

2 Dec 10 07:43

Dec 2 07:43:54 backend postfix/smtp[12511]: AA2514CF07D: to=, status=sent

(2nd message with tracking number - literally within a few seconds was handed over).

As you are using a Live-account, I suggest to whitelist bidorbuy mails. This might help - we do occasionally get scenarios where a legit transactional mail is incorrectly identified as spam.

How about a feature which we as sellers can turn on to have a copy of the system e-mails automatically also send to our "normal" e-mail addresses - I still duplicate just to be safe.

BumbleBabe

So is there a problem or am I missing something

MacMuffin
as for Bumblebabe I sent her message twice once at 1027 am on the first and at 743 this morning I sent it again.

Just for clarity: If you create new messages to a buyer, those messages will be emailed to the buyer and also appear on the buyers order. In your case (the one with Bumblebabe) you create one message on 1 Dec 10 10:27 and that message is displayed on the order and also emailed. You then edited the same message on 2 Dec 10 07:43 - another email was sent, but since you edited the message and not created a new one, the edited message is displayed on the order.

If you had created multiple new message, each individual message will be displayed on the order and emailed. Editing an existing message is sometimes more efficient as it will not "spam" the order with different messages and this is quite common. So in short, one message was created on the 1/12 and then edited on the 2/12 - this resulted in two emails being sent and the edited message displayed on the order. This works perfectly. As replied to Bumblebabe, we can only track outbound email to the point leaving our mail-servers and from the logs those two mails had been successfully delivered to live.co.za - why one email went missing is unclear and we have no way of tracing this (and asking Microsoft for assistance will not yield a response - we have tried this before).

MacMuffin
MacMuffin on item 3395635 to ms plod i sent a message at 1 dec 10 10:32 with tracking number does that one show up?

JPBon - if you look at your sales page for the quoted item for MsPlod you will notice that you created a private note. A private note is for your own records (i.e. if you want to take notes related to the order "for-your-eyes-only"). Private notes will not sent to the buyer and therefore no email was sent to MsPlod. I think you mistakenly created a private note instead of a message to buyer, hence the tracking details were not sent.

MacMuffin
How about a feature which we as sellers can turn on to have a copy of the system e-mails automatically also send to our "normal" e-mail addresses - I still duplicate just to be safe.

We don't feel that CCing the seller is necessary as those details will be kept in the bidorbuy-system for ever. Unfortunately it seems that nowadays many ecommerce sites engage in spam-mail which forces ISPs to clamp down on those behaviors which seems to also affect credible and whitelisted companies such as bidorbuy from time to time. Over the last 6 months we have actively engaged with ISPs locally and all large email provides and bidorbuy is whitelisted as a safe sender.

We have kicked off a new infrastructure project to renew our email environment which offers additional "authenticated email" functionality which should hopefully improve our deliverability. We expect the project to finish in January. We monitor our mail-logs daily and have not picked up any severe issues - in most cases recipients email boxes are full and our servers will then retry delivery over a period of 4 days (this is standard practise). Should a recipient not accept delivery during that period the mails queued for delivery will be dropped as undeliverable.

As we depend on many ISPs as well as privately hosted domains, we can only address delivery issues on a per case basis, but have not noticed an alarming trend that mails don't get delivered. More than often mails land up incorrectly in spam folders or recipients mailboxes are full.

BumbleBabe

Thank you MacMuffin now we can all rest easy again.