Sign in to follow this  
Captain Steve

Do you think this is an appealing page?

mellowred    10
mellowred

Hi Steve

See MsPlod's comments yesterday on your first thread.

My 1/2c input here...

Do everything you can to get your single negative rating changed to a neutral if not a positive - even if it means paying the seller everything (and expecting nothing in return...)

Change your shipping charges to R35 for one item and R5 for each additional item.

Good luck

She is a buyer and offered very good advice.

PS : Is that a photo of you on your profile page? :cool:

Captain Steve    10
Captain Steve

Ok thanks for that advice, just I was wondering how changing the shipping fees would help?

What if they just want 1 game for example.

and to the p.s. : Yea dats me

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

@Captain Steve - if you could follow MsPlod's suggestions, I think you'd be on your way to good sales as your advert is interesting and clear. Good luck!

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
Ok thanks for that advice, just I was wondering how changing the shipping fees would help?

What if they just want 1 game for example.

R25 is completely acceptable postage for a CD (so is R35 but keeping with your existing shipping charges)...

If I buy two CDs/games then I pay R45 shipping, and if I buy 5 CDs/games I would have to pay R105 shipping (for some CDs that will actually cost roughly R35 tops to post)

Well, actually - I wouldn't pay R105 shipping because I would have already gone to look at another seller whose shipping costs are structured differently.

To me, as a buyer, it would appear that you are "making money" from your shipping and that is quite simply not acceptable (to me - some other buyers might not care a damn, or notice until after they have bid), so I would not buy from you unless the price of your items really WAS significantly lower than other traders. If your prices for your items are R20 less than other traders, but your shipping costs bring it back on a par then it becomes the "luck of the draw" really.

And, I repeat, get rid of that negative rating - beg, plead, pay, whatever it takes.

Captain Steve    10
Captain Steve

So I have read through the info all of you have offered especially MsPlod (Thanks)

I have now changed my shipping to R30 for 1 item and R10 for each extra item.

I have also sent an e-mail to the seller which gave me a negative rating offering to pay the money to him in return for a change to a neutral or positive rating.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

Good luck with the rating and also with your trading future then... ;)

mellowred    10
mellowred
and to the p.s. : Yea dats me

Very pretty :bigsmile:

Ok, back to the shipping costs. If your shipping for multiple items is reasonable, you are also encouraging people to buy more than one item at a time.

Might also help if you included personal delivery as an option ..... LOL

Captain Steve    10
Captain Steve

Haha thanks, and thanks for the idea I have changed the delivery costs so im hoping to see a sale soon.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

Definitely LOLOL!!!