Sign in to follow this  
JPBon

Advertising Bob

JPBon

OK so I am on an advertising drive as some might have noticed and am trying to find different ways to boost not only my sales but others as well.

What do all of you think of Bob having bumper stickers made which we can put on our cars, to get bobs name more out there as well, just needs a catchy little line so people laugh I think.

any other advertising ideas both for Bob in general and us individually?

wayjen

How about BoB-A-Job or a variety on that?

JPBon

Does anyone remember the add from the Post Office "Wheres George" perhaps we could be looking for BOB

BumbleBabe

Is there a way to add BOB to your face book page to try to get others to join?

DestinysAngels
OK so I am on an advertising drive as some might have noticed and am trying to find different ways to boost not only my sales but others as well.

What do all of you think of Bob having bumper stickers made which we can put on our cars, to get bobs name more out there as well, just needs a catchy little line so people laugh I think.

any other advertising ideas both for Bob in general and us individually?

Love this idea!:idea:

DestinysAngels
Is there a way to add BOB to your face book page to try to get others to join?

Go to BOB's FB Page and add their link to your FB Page, i think that will work, i advertise on BOB's FB Page as well and it helped me quite a bit!:grin:

Captain Steve

Brilliant idea :cool: I would be a definite supporter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/1621319/Captain_Steve

Edited by Captain Steve

wayjen

The link to our items does not work. I have sent it to 2 people and all they get is an error report.

BumbleBabe
Go to BOB's FB Page and add their link to your FB Page, i think that will work, i advertise on BOB's FB Page as well and it helped me quite a bit!:grin:

Thanks will give it a try. I also just started putting my stuff on the FB BOB

mellowred
Does anyone remember the add from the Post Office "Wheres George" perhaps we could be looking for BOB

Brilliant idea.

MacMuffin

Just some other suggestions:

• A few weeks back we created bidorbuy badges - have a look at your selling page and you can use the HTML code to include in your email signatures, blogs etc
  • Take part in our current iPad-refer-a-friend competition to spread the word
  • Use our affiliate functions to display your own trades on blogs and websites.
  • If you have friends with blogs, ask them to link to your selling page on BoB.
  • Feature a writeup about some interesting item or story related to bidorbuy (see Pierre's one here: Combing the beaches for treasures | bidorbuy Official Blog) on your own blog, a friends blog, Facebook, Twitter or contact our marketing guys and they are more than happy to feature your story on our blog.

Most of the traffic and sales we generate on bidorbuy really comes from "organic search" - i.e. a user typing searching via Google, Yahoo, Bing etc - so obviously the more inbound links you get to your sales pages the better for you. Don't try and advertise your item pages permanently, as those will get "stale" once the item has sold and will not add much search value.

I will discuss the bumper-sticker idea with our marketing guys and see if this is a feasible idea - perhaps BoB can sell those marketing packs off at cost (to cover shipping) on our site.

JPBon

Thanks MacMuffin, we just trying to get the word out there as well as we can....its in all our interests.

Have used the badge a few times, its even in my listings as a link, as well as on my blogs

lilythepink

I think the right bumper sticker could do the world of good for sellers. But it mustn't be corny/cheesy, please not that! Any suggestions as to what we could say on the bumper sticker?

retailrush

A bumper sticker is a great idea - however using the word BoB may not mean much to most people (When I first saw it abbrieviated my first thoughts were First National Bank - because of their BoB machines etc). I think Bid or Buy would have to printed in full... just my 2 cents worth!!

JacoJ

BOB could also mean Robert Mugabe and we definitely do not want that.

MsPlod
speaking of which I made the mistake of typing into my browser the other day

That is a VERY funny website! Did you explore it or just see Bob and then burn your computer?

oryxza

At first look I thought it was some propaganda site untill I started looking a bit further.... :whistling: