Sign in to follow this  
Skish

Women accused of hiding merchandise in body fat

Skish

Two women are arrested for shoplifting and police say they used their bodies to conceal the goods. Edmond police authorities say it was at the Edmond TJ Maxx that loss prevention officers found the duo stuffing items under their belly fat and breasts.

They say they took four pair of boots, three pair of jeans, a wallet and gloves; $2,600 worth of store merchandise.

Ailene Brown, 28, and 37-year-old Shmeco Thomas were arrested for shoplifting and are facing felony charges.

Officer James Hamm said, "These two were actually concealing them in areas of their body where excess skin was, under their chest area and armpits."

Police say Brown also had a knife in her purse they say she used to cut security tags in the store.

http://www.wgntv.com/videobeta/30d7b842-3817-4f2b-b19f-ea1bec6f6da8/News/Women-Accused-Of-Hiding-Merchandise-in-Body-Fat

MsPlod

No way!!!

...four pair of boots...

Say WHAT??? :surprised: :laugh:

I feel positively svelte today:whistling:

JPBon

I once heard a story about a woman who stole chickens from a supermarket and had them up her skirt, the chickens started defrosting and so blood started dripping, the store called an ambulance thinking she was hurt....needless to say the ambulance men got a surprise and she was arrested.

MsPlod
I once heard a story about a woman who stole chickens from a supermarket and had them up her skirt, the chickens started defrosting and so blood started dripping, the store called an ambulance thinking she was hurt....needless to say the ambulance men got a surprise and she was arrested.

This makes me ... cacklesmiley.gif

Cosmic Kat
Say WHAT??? :surprised: :laugh:

I feel positively svelte today:whistling:

Hehe, me too!

@JP, back in my Spur waitering days the managers actually a similar problem with the kitchen staff smuggling out all manner of foods and I also heard similar horror stories.

JPBon

I Worked as under cover store security for a while, its really funny to see what people get up to. The better dressed customers are often the biggest culprits. We even had one or two regular non buyers. If you know how many people try and abuse dressing rooms and try walk out with stuff they are trying on its amazing. Shoes are also a big target you often find discarded pairs of old shoes.

JPBon
Hehe, me too!

@JP, back in my Spur waitering days the managers actually a similar problem with the kitchen staff smuggling out all manner of foods and I also heard similar horror stories.

Dont get me onto restaurants and Bars, stealing is rife in that industry.... I remember working for a small hotel, not a single member of staff could tell us the price of bread or milk as they all helped themselves. Barmen are famous for bringing a bottle of their own in everyday and serving that first and pocketing the profits. if you take that a bottle costs say R80 and a tot sells for around R10 then they make a tidy little sum.

MsPlod
Dont get me onto restaurants and Bars, stealing is rife in that industry.... I remember working for a small hotel, not a single member of staff could tell us the price of bread or milk as they all helped themselves. Barmen are famous for bringing a bottle of their own in everyday and serving that first and pocketing the profits. if you take that a bottle costs say R80 and a tot sells for around R10 then they make a tidy little sum.

Man I missed out on that! LOL!

Worked as a bartender for a number of years to finance my studies and I used to feel guilty just for taking the money (as a tip) instead of the drink when folks would say "have one yourself" (I never drank alcohol while working - too easy to make mistakes and it was a busy pub).

JPBon
Man I missed out on that! LOL!

Worked as a bartender for a number of years to finance my studies and I used to feel guilty just for taking the money (as a tip) instead of the drink when folks would say "have one yourself" (I never drank alcohol while working - too easy to make mistakes and it was a busy pub).

You were obviously too honest. I trained myself to be able to look at every aspect and work out how any system can be worked, I trained as an auditor and later did fraud investigation, and putting myself in the scammers shoes comes naturally so finding them out follows.