Sign in to follow this  
RISadler

BoBPay discrepency...

RISadler    10
RISadler

I recently paid for some items through BoBPay, but accidently paid R10 more than the total for the order. The "system" picked-up on this, but what now happens to this extra money?

oryxza    10
oryxza

The seller will receive the same notification that an overpayment was made on the order.

I guess you would need to ask the seller for a refund as this overpayment is credited to their account.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

Hmmm?

The seller will receive the same notification that an overpayment was made on the order.

I guess you would need to ask the seller for a refund as this overpayment is credited to their account.

Not so sure about this. I am sitting with an R11+ credit in my BoB account - and I have absolutely NO idea why :biggrin:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
Not so sure about this. I am sitting with an R11+ credit in my BoB account - and I have absolutely NO idea why :biggrin:

Somebody paid you for one of your postings, MsPlod! :laugh:

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
Somebody paid you for one of your postings, MsPlod! :laugh:

Bwah hah hah hah!!

oryxza    10
oryxza

I can create an arb listing of R11.00 for you if you don't want it :)

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
i can create an arb listing of r11.00 for you if you don't want it :)

lol!!!!

JPBon    10
JPBon

I accept tips so if anyone pays me extra I will just put it down to that.

RISadler    10
RISadler

Jokes aside, I find it disturbing that nobody from bidorbuy has answered my question.

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

Well, one of my buyers paid R1000 too much on his order via BoB EFT (R1114 instead of R114) and I'm still waiting for a reply from BoB regarding crediting the amount back to the buyer! If I had to transfer the amount into my bank account, then transfer it out to the customer, I would sit with the banking charges of around R25+ (business account).

I've given BoB over 48 hours (excluding weekends) with zero response. All I can do is phone them on Monday and hope that someone can give me some answers. I hate to keep the buyer waiting!

SProducts    10
SProducts
I recently paid for some items through BoBPay, but accidently paid R10 more than the total for the order. The "system" picked-up on this, but what now happens to this extra money?

The best option would be to keep it as credit for the buyer's next purchase. paying back the R10.00 will cost you about R15.00 in banking fees depending on your bank. What I do is inform the buyer about the amount and the extra charge it will cost me to refund them and thensuggest to have it a s credit for future purchases.

I have buyers who add the R16.50 cash deposit fee even when paying via EFT which is not needed, unfortunately refunding them will cost me about R15.00.

Sipho