Sign in to follow this  
Jewellery Mall

Newsletter?

Jewellery Mall

Where is the newsletter? Haven't received mine yet

admin

Hi Jewellery Mall,

Received mine at 12:31, did you check your spam folder ?

JPBon

Now that you mention it didnt get one either this week

Jewellery Mall

I don't have a spam folder and it can be seen in the page view of the items i advertised that few people have received the letter!

MsPlod
I don't have a spam folder and it can be seen in the page view of the items i advertised that few people have received the letter!

Just received the newsletter - was sent at 06:24 this morning!:wondering:

Wonder whether this will improve the bidding?

daisyjewel

I have not received a newsletter for the last 2 or 3 weeks ... I used to always get it before and nothing has changed on my side... very strange....

alloway65

A Newsletter???:wondering:

JPBon

also just got mine at 6.40

JPBon
A Newsletter???:wondering:

bid or buy sends a weekly advertising newsletter about crazy wednesdays etc. and interesting stuff

JPBon

Macmuffin looks like for some reason they just took a long time to get out yesterday

oryxza

I've seen the CW notifications on FB and Twitter but see that the last newsletter I received was 17 November.

My wife also just checked and confirms the same. 17th November.

MacMuffin
I've seen the CW notifications on FB and Twitter but see that the last newsletter I received was 17 November.

My wife also just checked and confirms the same. 17th November.

I see you run your own mail account - can you perhaps check with your ISP/hosting provider to ensure that bidorbuy.co.za is whitelisted - or provide me with contact details of your hosting provider and I can get in touch with them directly.

oryxza

I have sent you a PM

MacMuffin
I have sent you a PM

Thanks - I went through our mail-server logs and did not spot anything unusual. I did mail you the logs with "oryx" related emails. It might be best to whitelist *.bidorbuy.co.za on your hosting facility.

daisyjewel

I just got my newsletter at 12:40pm today ...

MsPlod

Dear Uncle BoB

Considering how late the newsletters went out, and the fact that a number of folks appear not to have received them at all... Don't you think that at least a 12-hour extension to the Crazy Wednesday is in order?

Yes I know that could compromise buyers - me included - but the sellers can only keep selling if they get reasonable sales after all?? Fair's fair?

OK - you can scream and shout at me now...

MacMuffin
Dear Uncle BoB

Considering how late the newsletters went out, and the fact that a number of folks appear not to have received them at all... Don't you think that at least a 12-hour extension to the Crazy Wednesday is in order?

Yes I know that could compromise buyers - me included - but the sellers can only keep selling if they get reasonable sales after all?? Fair's fair?

OK - you can scream and shout at me now...

The newsletters got sent out early yesterday morning (at 10:22) and submission completed around 6pm (320,000 newsletters). Once the newsletters have left our servers it is really up to the recipient ISPs/email-providers regarding their delivery and we don't have any control about this. While it is regrettable that some recipients have not yet received the newsletter or received it late, there is really not much we can do if the recipients ISPs/email-providers choose to throttle/defer delivery.

The only thing I can suggest is to ask your service provider to whitelist *.bidorbuy.co.za.

Looking at our mail-logs, the newsletter for daisyjewel was only accepted by her mail-server at 12:49 today and for MsPlod at 6:44 this morning. In both instances, the recipient servers asked our mail-servers to defer delivery and we retry until the recipient mail-server accepts the mail (in some cases this takes up to 2 days).