Sign in to follow this  
sajlr

Who should pay for returns?

sajlr    10
sajlr

Hi Guys

Need your opinion. A customer has returned a bluetooth device, saying it does not work. I told her that she can return to me, and if found that device does not work, I will post her a new one. After testing the bluetooth device, I found that it works perfectly. Now my question, who pays to ship the item back?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I think that if the item is working perfectly, the buyer should bear the cost of your having to send it back to her. If the item had been faulty, I would think that you should bear the return shipping cost. I wonder what other sellers think ...?

Virgotec    10
Virgotec

Agree with lilythepink.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

As a buyer... I think that the buyer should pay. If they were too lazy (or just disinclined) to take it to a shop, or look on internet, or email for instructions, to find out how it worked, then they should not put that cost on to a seller. Just NOT fair.

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

Like at any other shop I think the buyer should pay, if the buyer bought a item at "pick n pay" and was unhappy about it the buyer would pay petrol or transport to get the item back or complain.

Kit W    10
Kit W
Like at any other shop I think the buyer should pay, if the buyer bought a item at "pick n pay" and was unhappy about it the buyer would pay petrol or transport to get the item back or complain.

I fully agree with lilythepink, MsPlod and anerstemens - the onus should be on the buyer to return the item that they are unhappy with. It is then the sellers duty to sort out the replacement, refund or reach a mutual agreement

Regards

Kit

Captain Steve    10
Captain Steve
I think that if the item is working perfectly, the buyer should bear the cost of your having to send it back to her. If the item had been faulty, I would think that you should bear the return shipping cost. I wonder what other sellers think ...?

I agree fully with lilythepink.

------------------------------------------------

Items for sale from Captain Steve on bidorbuy.co.za

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

The Beak's fluffing the feathers, yellow crest is raised!

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
The Beak's fluffing the feathers, yellow crest is raised!

And your signature is justly appropriate LOL!!!