Sign in to follow this  
qball

Some useful links for help with HTML

Rare NotesCoins    10
Rare NotesCoins

Hi Cuan.

Do you know of an easier way to do uploads of html. Something like html for bob for very stupid people, as I have never done things like this but would love to add to my listings.

Step by step would be perfect.

Thanks for bob and your on going support

Morne

Asha Craft Jewellery    10
Asha Craft Jewellery

lol! I love this part... :P

"Want to learn HTML fast? If you mostly watch television, have an attention span measured in microseconds, and think reading is a waste of your valuable time, this page is for you ."

markcq    10
markcq

A quick way to learn HTML is to get a book called Teach Yourself HTML in 24 hours... They explain things well and give exercises. It used to be the prescribed book when I taught HTML and web design.

Then again, HTML is so easy to learn that you could just get the info off the internet.

If you want an EASIER way, then use web design software like Dreamweaver... DON'T use FrontPage. FrontPage adds too much crap code that is not needed. Dreamweaver code is "good and clean and fresh tra-la-la".

wayjen    10
wayjen

i noticed that some sellers have in their description box a few lines telling people that if the do not intend paying they must not bid etc etc and my question is, do you have to type that in everytime you do a listing or is there another easier/quicker way?

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

No apparently you paste it but I dont exactly know how

I have my IT fundi son here from the U.K. for the world cup.

Hoping to grab him for some computer things I need to learn but whether that will be possible is another story.:rolleyes:

wayjen    10
wayjen

ha ha ha okay then, cut and pasting is the easy as you only have to write it ones on notepad or something and save it then cut and paste from there i would think.

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

As far as I know one uses a scissors to cut and glue to paste.

Then you get stiffy and floppy--then there is hard drive and soft drive what the devil all this is beats me.Bloody embarassing

There is a lot of funny language I do not understand that computer people use.

I think they must have got the instructions direct from the computer because mine tells me all kinds of things.

Sometimes I think it is reading my mind. It even gives me the correct spelling for words I spell wrong. Sometimes I want to do something then it flashes at me because it wants me to do something else first :D

wayjen    10
wayjen

ha ha ha i must agree with you there, when it comes to computer jargon i have no idea what people are saying.

admin    0
admin
i noticed that some sellers have in their description box a few lines telling people that if the do not intend paying they must not bid etc etc and my question is, do you have to type that in everytime you do a listing or is there another easier/quicker way?

You type that out in a program like Microsoft Word, take a screenshot of it and put the pic in your item description, easy ;)

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

What is microsoft word.

Do you put it on the screen and photograph it with your camera. Heehee:D

wayjen    10
wayjen

hello Andries. i am using a Apple keyboard so it does not have that screenshot function but i did a test in Notepad and it works.

wayjen    10
wayjen
What is microsoft word.

Do you put it on the screen and photograph it with your camera. Heehee:D

nevermind that, i have tippex on my screen from spelling mistakes i made.

Gems n Silver    10
Gems n Silver

Hi, another stupid question coming up,, how do I creat a link on my listings so that people can click on it to see all my other listings :confused:

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes

Ah - if you check out the seller 'mellowred' she can do this for you - she creates these html codes and emails them to you explaining how to apply them and... voila! a lovely listing!;)

kebs    10
kebs
Hi, another stupid question coming up,, how do I creat a link on my listings so that people can click on it to see all my other listings :confused:

Try this : Templates - HTML Code for BoB listings - Tried of struggling to make your listings look good? for sale in Hermanus (ID:23508935). Definately worth it!! I'm sure even Wayne can manage it.. no more tippex... ;)

wayjen    10
wayjen

For the last few days now whenever i add a picture to the auction description NOTHING shows up. If i put HTML Editor on and off then i see the pictures.

Is it my pc or is there something broke on BoB?

Gecko Coins    10
Gecko Coins

Hi,

can someone tell me whether we can save templates on BOB for use in our auctions? Once a seller has designed their site, it should be possible to save this as a template. Then all that is needed is the pictures that can be loaded onto the template. This would greatly assist us when uploading. Is this possible?

thanks

sungems    10
sungems
Hi,

can someone tell me whether we can save templates on BOB for use in our auctions? Once a seller has designed their site, it should be possible to save this as a template. Then all that is needed is the pictures that can be loaded onto the template. This would greatly assist us when uploading. Is this possible?

thanks

This is a good idea, how about it BOB

yeittech    10
yeittech

BoB fails to deliver.. Sigh..

:amazed:

InfiIT    10
InfiIT

Best tutorial i have found is under W3Schools Online Web Tutorials, you can learn anything from HTML, javascript, php etc. All you need is time, very helpful and has this really neat feature where you can paste code in and see what it does :)

InfiIT    10
InfiIT

Check my listings which have a template, simple way, create your template, when you have a template for a listing that you have already created, click edit, view as HTML, copy the code. Now, when you are creating a new listing, view as HTML, paste the code, switch back to normal view and change the pictures :)