Sign in to follow this  
gypseygirl

Define search

gypseygirl

Can Bid or Buy not include a search where you can eliminate all sellers from "Outside of South Africa".:confused:

MsPlod

Yay! Another voice added to this request!

This (and other) search options have been requested many times - here is the latest attempt http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/buying-bidorbuy/11752-blocking-sellers.html

We just have to keep on trying to get BoB to see that it is not going to reduce sales - since those folks who won't buy from offshore simply WILL NOT - no matter what.

If anything - it will improve sales since buyers like myself will be less likely to suffer from "search fatigue" or "offshore overdose" and thus not log off!

BumbleBabe

Local is Lekker!!

Come on BOB, spend time on doing the enhancements that buyers and sellers want instead of silly advertising BS that makes no sense.

jphotography

I agree once again on this one. The search have all the other options available like search jhb, search cpt, why not search SA only. That way we can search the whole of SA and not just a spesific region.

MsPlod

OK then... so 8 out of 10 people were directly in favour of this sort of search facility, one wanted it to be considered and only one person felt that it is not necessary - that is in a flash poll held over 10 hours before the powers that be closed the poll.

http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/feedback-bidorbuy-team/11938-buyers-block-sellers-button-favourites-button.html

I would be fascinated to know the reasons the single person who voted against it has. Maybe there is a really good reason which we are not considering? Can't think of any reasons at all against such an improved search facility and would love to hear what others have to say...

JPBon

It wasnt me but something to consider.

I also choose sellers very carefully how ever, sometimes when searching I see an interesting product from a seller whom I would not like to support, I will look at the product and then see if I can find another seller with the same or similar product. So infact that particular sellers product has created a sale for another seller. Just something to consider.

MsPlod
It wasnt me but something to consider.

I also choose sellers very carefully how ever, sometimes when searching I see an interesting product from a seller whom I would not like to support, I will look at the product and then see if I can find another seller with the same or similar product. So infact that particular sellers product has created a sale for another seller. Just something to consider.

Blocking a seller - or allowing a search facility to block certain sellers - or block offshore sellers - does not have to be a permanent block. Just an option which can be enabled or disabled during a search. If one is searching for something and a certain seller has thousands (or simply a lot) of those items for sale and one does really not want to buy from that seller (e.g. bad ratings, offshore, high shipping costs, etc.) then I envisage such a search facility to allow one to "block" that particular seller (or those sellers) during that search.

Cosmic Kat
Blocking a seller - or allowing a search facility to block certain sellers - or block offshore sellers - does not have to be a permanent block. Just an option which can be enabled or disabled during a search. If one is searching for something and a certain seller has thousands (or simply a lot) of those items for sale and one does really not want to buy from that seller (e.g. bad ratings, offshore, high shipping costs, etc.) then I envisage such a search facility to allow one to "block" that particular seller (or those sellers) during that search.

Those are my sentiments exactly with regards to this topic. I'm getting rather fed up searching for an item and then having to wade through sellers I prefer not to deal with (for various reasons) and not to mention the overseas sellers. One can only hope that BoB inplements such an option in the near future.

Guest Guest

excellent! i am also going to suggest this. some ppl like myself just dont want any international stuff at all. we know why. we want to be able to view sa only

mads99
Can Bid or Buy not include a search where you can eliminate all sellers from "Outside of South Africa".:confused:

I was just about to make this suggestion and saw that you (and others) have already posted this suggestion.

I fully agree with you and would find it immensely useful.

I sincerely hope that BidorBuy will implement such search functionality in the near future.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

I understand that many buyers would like this facility but a little common sense will tell you that bob will never implement this.There are some overseas based sellers that do provide an excellent service and items required by buyers and this would be discriminatory against those sellers as they pay the same fees as all sellers and deserve the same exposure.Also bob needs to grow internationally and there would be little incentive for overseas based sellers to join bob as the exposure would be limited under those circumstances.BOB is a business and purely from a business viewpoint they would never implement anything detrimental to business turnover which to me makes sense.

NEIL