Sign in to follow this  
SProducts

Whats wrong with Speed Services waybills?

SProducts

For the whole year I have had issues were most tracking numbers have been used before and still show on the tracking system. I have received negatives which most have been updated, I send a buyer the tracking number. I then get an email the parcel was collected last month or so, fortunately some buyers think I made a mistake and some think the worst that its a scam.

Thought that was bad. I sent a buyer a tracking number on Wednesday for a parcel going to Cape Town, on Thursday morning I get an email from an angry buyer complaining that I sent his parcel to Weirda Park(Pretoria) on purpose just to spite him. I then check the waybill, the number is exactly correct, I then track the parcel and find out its waiting for collection at Wierda Park as of 24 November 2010.

The irony is that I only delivered the parcel at the post office on 25 November 2010. Now the parcel shows it has been scanned for Cape Town.

Sipho

lilythepink

You think THAT is bad, Sipho? Well, how about a parcel being sent to me from Pretoria - where the Pretoria Post Office sent it directly back to the Seller by mistake and issued a first notification of receipt of parcel to the Seller? Perhaps the PO staff are celebrating Christmas a little too early ....?

kyle2

I don't know why they are doing this, but they are definately recycling the waybill numbers, I've also had issues with them this year. Best is to inform your customers that the Post Office is recycling numbers and to give it about 24 hours to correctly reflect the status.:meh:

SProducts

@lilythepink, that's worse. That goes to show they dont really read the waybills.

@kyle2, atleast their customer service reps should know about this and inform a buyer when they call about the possibilities of why the waybill shows it was collected already.

admin
I don't know why they are doing this, but they are definately recycling the waybill numbers, I've also had issues with them this year. Best is to inform your customers that the Post Office is recycling numbers and to give it about 24 hours to correctly reflect the status.:meh:

Is that not a bit fast for recycling the numbers, Sipho only posted the item on Wednesday :confused:

kyle2

I've had weird one's which reflected the same day as I received the waybill, also showing that someone picked it up already. Renaldo from Ezethu coins highlighted this to me some time back when I purchased some coins from him and thought they ended up in the wrong hands.:confused:

eZethu Coins
I've had weird one's which reflected the same day as I received the waybill, also showing that someone picked it up already. Renaldo from Ezethu coins highlighted this to me some time back when I purchased some coins from him and thought they ended up in the wrong hands.:confused:

Wow I am having a famous moment - been quoted twice in one day :-) The re-use of tracking numbers has been happening for years already - I will not take the credit for the discovery - Morne from Rarenotes pointed it out to me first.