Sign in to follow this  
JPBon

Your Opinion

JPBon

Ok in your opinion and with your goods which works the best and achieves the better prices:

Crazy Wednesday auctions

Snap Friday

Weekend Specials

Ordinary Auctions

I would be interested in your opinions, also perhaps tell us what sort of items you sell.

lilythepink

I sell a variety of everything - as a hobby, though, and not a business. And I find Crazy Wednesday auctions are great but have to admit that what you lose on the swings you win on the roundabouts. End of the month/beginning of a month prices are much better. Week-end specials cost you, too, but you are at least able to set your minimum starting price. Ordinary auctions can fetch good prices (ask geewhizz!) but you get fewer people viewing the items. I've never had much luck with Snap Fridays but my experience with them is limited.

Cosmic Kat

I have tried snap friday and weekend specials but I find the crazy Wednesday auctions can be profitable around pay-day, but then again I have had crazy Wednesday auctions that didn't do so well. I think it also depends on who is selling similar items to your on the same special. For instance, I sell tarot card readings on crazy wednesday (especially around pay-day) and if there are others offering the same thing then I usually don't do so well.

eZethu Coins
Ok in your opinion and with your goods which works the best and achieves the better prices:

Crazy Wednesday auctions

Snap Friday

Weekend Specials

Ordinary Auctions

I would be interested in your opinions, also perhaps tell us what sort of items you sell.

There is really no 100% correct answer to this - what you sell and at what price obviously determines a lot - I do coins mainly. However - considering Lily's response also - bulk of my successes come from Ordinary auctions and secondly from Wednesday auctions. Friday auctions with the limited time frame of exposure is always less successful. But time of month (is there money available amongst the general BoB buying population), the right buyer at the right time, closing time of auction, etc. all eventually combine to determine success.

BumbleBabe

I have found that my stamps and FDC's atract enough attention to have sold almost all from the first time I listed. My buy now's took a little longer but they are selling.

On the other hand Bumblebee has done well on all crazy and snap auctions with his coins.

So I see it as depending on what you sell and what the price is. Its up to you :bigsmile:

wayjen

we just sell finish en klaar. No fancy schmancy stuff just normal selling.

mellowred

I sell an odd assortment of everything. Have only lost on the R1 crazy auctions. I would never use it again unless it was for something that was in high demand.

YSLMAGIC

i agree with EC there is no proper answer to this , it is truly so unpredictable , when you think you going to have a good auction , you find those good endings in the auctions you least expect it from

we sell a huge variety and still cannot confirm which dates or which type of auctions do the best no month has ever brought the same results