Sign in to follow this  
Asha Craft Jewellery

New look when completing a purchase

Asha Craft Jewellery    10
Asha Craft Jewellery

Just refreshed my page and saw the new look when completing a purchase. Must say I really dislike it. The only way something like that makes sense to me is if you display the other open items from the seller you won that specific item from, and maybe just 4. Not from other sellers listing in that category. And definitely not 8 items. It takes up way too much space on the page and to me it just looks bad. Sorry guys :suspicious:

Digitrade    10
Digitrade

I also do not like it!!!:mad:

I do not want my buyer to see all other listings suddenly available. If he wants to complete his order, is this also viewable by him?

I worked hard to get the sale, and do not see the use of this page of "Similar items" available.

brands online    10
brands online

Uhhmmm sorry BOB, but I agree as well. Perhaps some enlightenment as to the reasoning behind it? Now buyers have more reason to change their mind and 'request' sellers to cancel the order too...

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

As a buyer - I HATE IT!!

Good grief - what on earth! :disgusted:

Just been online to place some orders and there are a whole bunch of advertisements in the way. I feel just as murderous as I do when I get back to the car after grocery shopping and some dweeb has pushed advertisements under my windscreen wiper! :wtf:

PLEASE BoB - NO!! You can bombard us while we are buying and browsing, but when I am paying I do NOT wish to wade through the clutter. Grrrrrrrrrrr :twisted:

JPBon    10
JPBon

For those of us who are not completing any orders at present can someone take some screen shots perhaps??

brands online    10
brands online
For those of us who are not completing any orders at present can someone take some screen shots perhaps??

click on the ad link on any of your items that have closed JP, you'll see the new look that way too

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

And are we talking about only buyers "seeing things they shouldn't" when they complete the orders? Nothing happened to me this morning when I completed an order for something I had won!

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

It`s horrible , I think all sellers would hate this , :shock:

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

We will make a change so that for seller's own items (provided that you are logged on) we will not display related items. For buyers it makes absolute sense: An item is closed and we will display similar items within this category to the buyer.

voldermort    10
voldermort

Sorry but I don't agree........I have spent a lot of time & effort putting up my ads and now basically you are using items I have sold to promote other seller's items.....unless of course I have featured/priority listings in that same category then my ads may show. As a seller it definately does not make any sense to me.

Asha Craft Jewellery

As brands online says, it only gives the buyer more reason to cancel the sale. Seriously Mac, if it's our own items (as seller) showing then it makes sense because the buyer can add things to the current order if he or she wishes to do so. But advertising another sellers items? That's just not on :confused:

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
We will make a change so that for seller's own items (provided that you are logged on) we will not display related items. For buyers it makes absolute sense: An item is closed and we will display similar items within this category to the buyer.

MacMuffin dear, I beg to differ - as a buyer only - it makes NO sense to me AT ALL. It is irritating in the extreme. If you really HAVE to do it - i.e. there is an AK47 being held at your temple - then maybe place those ads so that they come up as a floating thingy (like the watch list add or remove floating thingy) which allows the buyer to CHOOSE whether to view the items or not.

alloway65    10
alloway65

I saw it, got confused, but the penny did not drop until I read this thread...I agree with the consensus of opinion!:confused:

voldermort    10
voldermort

I have no idea who thought this up, but has the person in question ever walked down any aisle in eg: Pick n Pay and seen pamphlets being advertised "Buy Similar Items At Checkers/Shoprite/Woolworths"???? I really, really don't think so........why then should we as sellers be forced to do this exact same form of advertising?????

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

100% with you

I have no idea who thought this up, but has the person in question ever walked down any aisle in eg: Pick n Pay and seen pamphlets being advertised "Buy Similar Items At Checkers/Shoprite/Woolworths"???? I really, really don't think so........why then should we as sellers be forced to do this exact same form of advertising?????

JPBon    10
JPBon

The items shown should be for that seller in particular only...or you are saying look here is the oppositions items this will just lead to more snc's being filed as they found something else.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

This really explains alot. I've had several buyers all of a sudden requesting "cancellation" of their orders.

I'm not happy about this at all.

I agree that if there should be advertisements, it should be the seller's other items only, not those of other sellers.

Besides, with the number of newbies we have coming onto the site, it just going to confuse them even more.

As it is, many don't know how to "complete an order" and I've been getting many requests for assistance to make payment, etc.

BoB, please review this new look, it's really not good the way it currently is.:sad:

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

So neatly put voldermort! claps.gif

Asha Craft Jewellery

I just spoke to a newbie buyer and tried to help her complete the purchase. Her first reaction was: "I can't get to the ring I bought from you!"

I didn't understand what she meant so I asked her to explain what she is seeing on the screen (this directly after she clicked on the ring she had won)....

She explained that she is seeing lots of other rings also available to buy or bid on, but not the ring she initially bought.

...................................... :idea:

I told her to scroll way down past all the rings, and guess what.. she found the ring, auction, details etc.

Now why did that have to be so difficult??? This is just the first complaint from a buyer and I'm expecting many more :mad:

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
As brands online says, it only gives the buyer more reason to cancel the sale. Seriously Mac, if it's our own items (as seller) showing then it makes sense because the buyer can add things to the current order if he or she wishes to do so. But advertising another sellers items? That's just not on :confused:

The only way it might be attractive to me as a buyer is indeed if it is items from the same seller/trader - but even then the placement is confusing - flashing up in your face when you are expecting to see the item you have bought - Uh uh!! I don't think so.

The items shown should be for that seller in particular only...or you are saying look here is the oppositions items this will just lead to more snc's being filed as they found something else.

The amount of grief this will cause is quite simply NOT worth the advertising.

It is what might be called perverse incentive or perverse initiative - where you end up achieving a worse result than the good old status quo.

Sorry to keep chipping in here - but I am REALLY irritated!

My vote....

Fail!

Edited by MsPlod
afterthoughts

Digitrade    10
Digitrade

We will make a change so that for seller's own items (provided that you are logged on) we will not display related items. For buyers it makes absolute sense:
An item is closed and we will display similar items within this category to the buyer.

@ MacMuffun -

This feature is already available on every listing as "view similar items".

Why would you use my closed listing to freely advertise other sellers listings to a buyer that has already bought from me?

I am going to give this seller - who now became a CLIENT - a service that will have him come back and buy from ME again.

You are putting doubt in a buyers mind as to "if he bought a bargain or not"!

eZethu Coins    10
eZethu Coins

200% with you - BoB please reconsider this - it borders on hijacking.

voldermort    10
voldermort

MsPlod you certainly are not the only one irritated............this is quite simply THE rudest and most ridiculous method of advertising I have seen. I did all the hard work to achieve a sale, advertise MY stuff further to the buyer, not somebody else's.....or are we perhaps going to be getting a commission???

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes
The only way it is attractive to me as a buyer is indeed if it is items from the same seller/trader.

I agree - would be handy when you want to combine items from one seller - awful in every other respect.... A very odd thing to have done....

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

The first thoughts that came to mind when I first saw this "advertising" was that it looked "cheap" - if you know what I mean!

I put BoB on the pedestal by comparison to other online trading sites as one was not bombarded with advertisements, etc which can become rather irritating (eBay by example drives me nuts with all the pop-up in your face ad's!).

If someone wants to go "fancy" and put something else as the header to a listing that has been closed, then by all means expand on the link that directs one to other items from the same seller, but something simple - the large cluttered look is not appealing!

My vote: FAIL!