Sign in to follow this  
alloway65

2010 american silver eagle grades!

alloway65    10
alloway65

2010 AMERICAN SILVER EAGLE GRADES!

Grading service population reports show that 2010 American Eagle silver bullion coins are extremely well-produced. Of the 44,160 graded by Professional Coin Grading Service so far this year, a whopping 36,470 pieces have received Mint State 70 grades.

What would be the percentage of MS70's if they had been minted at the SA Mint?

David

Londoshoes    10
Londoshoes

I have bought a few (one from each mint year) silver American Eagles, silver Maple Leafs and silver Philharmonics (all 1oz). What is the story about bringing them into South Africa. Will I have to pay VAT?

alloway65    10
alloway65

Yes VAT will have to be paid and sometime duties/other costs as well depending the total value of the package.

I have found that packages coming via UPS with a value of less than R1000.00 come direct to me bypassing customs.

I import very little silver coins/medallions now as it is usually cheaper to buy them locally.

Hope this helps.

David

Londoshoes    10
Londoshoes

Thanks for the reply. Now I know what to expect!

Regarding your original post on the quality of the coins from the US Mint and asking how the SA Mint would do. Not very well, I think. There are reports of Krugerrands (1oz) of very recent that cannot sit on the edge as they bulge out at the reeding (rounded milled edges). The appears to have been caused by a worn collar which holds the blank when the coin is struck.