Sign in to follow this  
Veto111

What is fair for Marshall Hole Currency Card?

Veto111

I am not very familiar with Marshall hole but I have a few to sell on behalf of someone. He said he would like to sell them at R1500 each. All I would like to know is if this is a fair asking price for them as I see there is one selling for R2500 on BoB at the moment. I don't want him to lose out. Thanks.

Regards

Mohamed (Veto111)

Guest Guest

The loose cannons in South African numismatics

Hi Mohamed

They really are the loose cannons in South African numismatics.

I have several of them and sold a few three years ago for just a few dollars each on eBay (very disappointing).

As you would know these cards cross the border of money and stamps and fit uncomfortably somewhere in the middle despite their fascinating history in a time of dire shortage of regular currency.

If I was you I would start with a couple at a low value (say R500) and let the bidders decide.

That way you would probably get bids and could then decide on how to price the others.

PS I would be very surprised if the card currently listed attracts any bids.

Kind regards

Scott Balson

Edited by ndoa18

Veto111

Hi Scott

Thanks for the info.

I will have to talk to the owner about it first. He has a ton of them and even though he wants to get rid of them, I'm almost positive he'll keep it.

Cheers

Mohamed

P.S. Aussies all the way in the Ashes... Brilliant stuff from Siddle!!!

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

The item referred to in the link would perhaps have attracted more interest in a philatic category.Also the condition is poor and soiled so was probably overpriced in that condition.The currency cards are scarce and very collectible and most rhodesian philatic collectors would like to have at least one of these items in their collection.The lower values up to a shilling in excellent clean and not creased condition should realise between R500 AND R700 .The higher values 2 shilling and upwards are scarcer and should realise between R800 AND R1500 if in excellent condition.As always demand at any specific time could see the price paid for these items increase or decrease a little.Please note these are prices a collector would pay and a dealer would probably pay about 1/2 the end price.

NEIL

dstorm

Hello Veto111

I agree, these items in good condition are RARE.

As they were in fact currency, they were carried around loosely, with no attempt being made to keep them in pristine condition. So any value without creases or soiling should go for R500-00 upwards.

Would it not be possible to scan a few items?

Regards

Jacques

Veto111

Would it not be possible to scan a few items?

Regards

Jacques

Will do, however it will only be around next week.