Sign in to follow this  
RISadler

SNC waiting period, continued...

RISadler

Yes, qball, I agree with what you've said, but that is not what I meant in my original post...

To recap, let's take the situation where the buyer and seller mutually agree to not conclude the deal. No fault on either party. And still the seller needs to wait the full seven days before filing the SNC, then another seven days before it is actually finalised. Fourteen (14) days in total, for something that was decided maybe an hour after the auction closed.

Perhaps look at changing just that one aspect of the SNC system?

TheJeweller

I could not stop myself to get in to a conversation.

For now I am just a buyer. I start purchasing goods in July and in a short time I spend lots of money and at the same time I build my reputation.

Twice telkom let me down with internet connection but because I communicate with people I did not had a problems.

If your items are expensive then make it clear in your terms time frame for payment.

Also it is depend on your personality.

I spend thousands in this few months but there is one or two people that I will never buy ever again.

So, who is the looser?

I call it marketing.

Well that's what I do after making jewellery.

It's my second business, besides being a good guy.

I wrote books about it. I teach people.

It does not pay being a bad salesman (or just bad person).

Be fair, rule number one.

Sorry for interrupting.

Miss Jewels

Being mainly a seller, but also at times a buyer, I agree that the waiting period is too long, as I have terms and conditions which are binding on both parties, I carry out that right. My terms are payment within 5 working days after auction closes. A reminder goes out on day 6. If no communication is received from the buyer, by day 7, I send out another message to inform them they have violated my T & C's and that the item is now no longer available to them. I then relist the item as per my T & C's. If they pay after my last reminder, I'll refund them. I personally am not prepared to wait 14 days because a buyer violated my T & C's. No action can be taken against us for this ruling as terms are clearly stated in all our auctions and BoB has stated numerous times that they are only the "middle-man" when it comes to transactions between buyer/seller. This I respect, but then our T & C's as stipulated should also be respected as this is a legal business practise being operated. Hope all toes are "healthy".

qball

Hi RISadler

We have already implemented a change whereby once the SNC is filed, the buyer can confirm that the sale has been cancelled by mutual consent and the fees are credited at the same time, it does not go on for another 7 days. So the seller can select the reason - buyer and seller agree to cancel, and the buyer is alerted to this and asked to confirm this when the SNC is filed. However, we are still sticking to the original 7 days to file an SNC.

Kind regards

Cuan

TheJeweller

When you are a seller, you kind of forget to put yourself in the buyer shoes.

When I first time discover BOB, I just start bid right and left.

Only after few days I learn that everybody have they own postage fees,

Learn that there is different payment options, extra fee for posting more then one item and all other stuff.

The buyer maybe from other country, maybe his English is not so good.

There is can be many more "Maybe".

You can not wait for your money?

Or you can not wait to filed SNC?

Sorry, I am not selling yet, I don't know everything.

I just like to talk. Hope no offence taking.

RISadler

qball, I was more thinking of a functionality that works on the lines of ... blah blah blah spoons blah blah blah blah swordfish blah blah blah. Ooh, Chucky Chucky Chuck-eee! :nuts:

The Jeweller & Miss Jewels, no offense meant but please read the first post and then stick to the topic.

Miss Jewels

No offence taken, but I think the forum is the place where various input on all topics are discussed. And SNC in such has various aspects, hence my posting.

qball, I was more thinking of a functionality that works on the lines of ... blah blah blah spoons blah blah blah blah swordfish blah blah blah. Ooh, Chucky Chucky Chuck-eee! :nuts:

The Jeweller & Miss Jewels, no offense meant but please read the first post and then stick to the topic.

qball

I'll speak to Mac and see if he can code this for you...:biggrin: