Sign in to follow this  
JPBon

Im getting despondent

JPBon

Im getting despondent at the amount of views my items are getting, especially considering that a few of them are fairly unique or different.

I cant afford to take the risk of putting them on crazy auctions so dont know what else to try.

admin

Hi JP,

Maybe you should "sacrifice" one item to get more exposure and test the market :thinking:

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

I Agree with admin.Try crazy wed.I sell many items ON CRAZY WED for more than the listed price on a normal auction.You may be pleasantly surprised.

NEIL

BumbleBabe

Just keep at it and dont worry so much about the views. I know my stuff is not nearly as pricey but I do a one week auction and Sunday night all the bids come flooding in, some even with no views. I dont even look there any more. I was lucky that from the start I sold right away and still am. But just keep at it, dont give up.

You need a buyer like my mom in law. she will love the stuff, but she dont like the net :rolleyes:

Good luck and hang tight.

BumbleBabe
HI

I Agree with admin.Try crazy wed.I sell many items ON CRAZY WED for more than the listed price on a normal auction.You may be pleasantly surprised.

NEIL

Love your goods, my hubby bought a lot from you for me. I just had to say thanks for excellent service :biggrin:

BumbleBabe

I see they are all on buy now, you have more luck with auction.

My auctions fly and buy nows goes very slow. Just an idea

JPBon
I see they are all on buy now, you have more luck with auction.

My auctions fly and buy nows goes very slow. Just an idea

Ok i have listed something on auction in the wednesday listings.

and have changed one of my very unique salt sellers to an auction ....wish me luck

Edited by JPBon

brands online

JP, don't stress it too much. All will go well... I don't even look at views most of the time...

JPBon
JP, don't stress it too much. All will go well... I don't even look at views most of the time...

im trying not to stress too much, but its hard not too. Its a constant thing of are the things listed in the right category so as to get the best exposure etc.

Ive been selling similar stuff for the past 15 years or so (just not on Bob), and have always been inundated, but not even questions are being asked. i have lots more I could list but am waiting for some sort of response before i do.

Edited by JPBon

BumbleBabe
im trying not to stress too much, but its hard not too. Its a constant thing of are the things listed in the right category so as to get the best exposure etc.

If you have facebook add a link so more will look at your goods from there as well.

JPBon
If you have facebook add a link so more will look at your goods from there as well.

ok that is done

BumbleBabe
ok that is done

:biggrin: One step closer

mellowred

JP, I'm still struggling to get listings up, but what I have noticed with the few sales I have had, is that I seem to sell in spates. Quite for a while and then all of a sudden five purchases in one go from different buyers.

It seems to have something to do with the number of items listed. Perhaps having a lot of items results in more bidders finding your items and viewing the rest until they find something they like.

The value of your items warrant a listing fee. If you can, try paying a special listing fee on just one item. It will draw more views to your site. Just be careful when opting for the "relist 10 times" when doing this, if you don't watch it, you end up with a BoB account of R500 for the month with no sales.:sad:

You don't necessarily need to do this on the highest priced item, just look on it as an advertising cost for your site.

Also try the R5 additional category fee. Or just list similar items in different categories to get as much exposure as you can. Just as an example, your basins fit in four categories, "Bathroom", "Home Decor" , "Fixtures & Fittings", "Finished Home Crafts". List one in each category.

Good luck. Your items are so beautiful. Have faith they will start selling.

Also one last thing. Consider making the link to your other items more prominent.

BumbleBabe

Also remember the time of the month it is, once people have some money again they may get more interested.

wayjen

Hey JP keep at it don't give up. Also try one item up for a mad price and that way you encourage more people to your site to see what this item as and in that way they see the others.

mellowred
....... I do a one week auction and Sunday night all the bids come flooding in, some even with no views. ....

What is the best time/day to close auctions? BoB mails suggest closing in working hours to catch the business hour bidders, but I've never been sure about that, and now BumbleBabe closes on Sundays with a lot of response.

Wayne, you and I sell similar items (you just sell a load more :cry:). What do you suggest?

booksallsizes
JP, I'm still struggling to get listings up, but what I have noticed with the few sales I have had, is that I seem to sell in spates. Quite for a while and then all of a sudden five purchases in one go from different buyers.

It seems to have something to do with the number of items listed. Perhaps having a lot of items results in more bidders finding your items and viewing the rest until they find something they like.

Totally agree - things happen in a rush, most of the time! Also, the more you have listed, the more people seem to look at your items.... I like to scroll through sellers' items and pick more than one item sometimes - just a psychological thing (I think that buying more than one thing saves big time on postage - but usually just results in me buying unnecessary things, which isn't a saving in the long run :weird: but nevertheless, I still do it! :biggrin:) that may help increase your sales because there is more for a buyer to choose from - so they may pick a number of items instead of only one. Like going to a shop filled with beautiful things and being unable to choose just one thing - and so going home with a lot of things...

Hang in there! Your items are lovely!

wayjen
What is the best time/day to close auctions? BoB mails suggest closing in working hours to catch the business hour bidders, but I've never been sure about that, and now BumbleBabe closes on Sundays with a lot of response.

Wayne, you and I sell similar items (you just sell a load more :cry:). What do you suggest?

Do we? I must check. I try whatever I can, it might be price sometimes it's the categories and the amount of items you have up. As a very good friend told us one day, if you have an article up for a mad price and you don't sell it, it will draw people to your site to see what is worth so much and that way they see your other items. Should you be so lucky as to get a buyer for your item that is at a mad price then you are set. If you sell 5 or 10 items because of that high priced item you are also on your way.

Remember, communication and prices and packaging are also a help in getting people back.

Try anything.

Mandy, get more items up you need more items and if we sell similar items then get a variety up. I know and have heard of other people feeling like JP and even stopping BoB because they expect to sell and make money with only a couple of items up.

Edited by wayjen

JPBon
Hey JP keep at it don't give up. Also try one item up for a mad price and that way you encourage more people to your site to see what this item as and in that way they see the others.

you mean listing something at an inflated price actually draws people to your things? I have been worried that my things are already high value items. Which if you take into consideration that the handbasins took about 3 weeks from start to finish in time they are not. Each one takes about 3 days just to paint.

mellowred

Wayne, you have 2,736 item listed :wondering:. How long did that take?

Yep, we do have similar items, lots of everything old and new, and I have tons of books.

It;s just I can see yours ... you can't see inside my house ... LOL. When I look at your site, I realise it is a good way to make some income. Has anyone got a firecracker for me to put under my fat bum?

Have no choice to but to get listing. House is on auction today :cry: and we can't very well sleep in the car with all these things :shock:.

mellowred
you mean listing something at an inflated price actually draws people to your things? I have been worried that my things are already high value items. Which if you take into consideration that the handbasins took about 3 weeks from start to finish in time they are not. Each one takes about 3 days just to paint.

You know what JP, Wayne may have a darned good suggestion there. People are curious.

So far as your prices are concerned, Hennie also makes things, and the time and care taken have a high value. The right buyers are out there, you just have to draw them to you.

wayjen

JP what have you got to lose, just inflate one item if it sells it sells if it don't well it can draw people to your site.

Mandy I lost my job in March and this is what i need to do to generate money to pay the bills. I post from 7am to the afternoon then sometimes at night. I have a wonderful guide/teacher/mentor who introduced us to BoB and through his advice and pushing he got us where we are today. Now our thing is to surpass his expectations of us. Now Jenny does the communication and packaging and posting besides running a little takeaways and through her hard work and priding herself on packaging and I must say good business sense, we have got where we are now.

Mandy if you see we have items up everywhere on BoB, we are spread around but even with that there are plenty of items that have not been viewed. we been up for just over a year Mandy and sometimes I post 100 article in a day and a half if Bob don't break or my pc crash.

Guys don't limit yourselves to one item now unless you are sure of the demand, maybe if you see something in your house or stall or shop somewhere put it up, you cannot lose.

REMEMBER: EVERYTHING SELLS it may not sell now but it will sell one day.

JPBon
JP what have you got to lose, just inflate one item if it sells it sells if it don't well it can draw people to your site.

Mandy I lost my job in March and this is what i need to do to generate money to pay the bills. I post from 7am to the afternoon then sometimes at night. I have a wonderful guide/teacher/mentor who introduced us to BoB and through his advice and pushing he got us where we are today. Now our thing is to surpass his expectations of us. Now Jenny does the communication and packaging and posting besides running a little takeaways and through her hard work and priding herself on packaging and I must say good business sense, we have got where we are now.

Mandy if you see we have items up everywhere on BoB, we are spread around but even with that there are plenty of items that have not been viewed. we been up for just over a year Mandy and sometimes I post 100 article in a day and a half if Bob don't break or my pc crash.

Guys don't limit yourselves to one item now unless you are sure of the demand, maybe if you see something in your house or stall or shop somewhere put it up, you cannot lose.

REMEMBER: EVERYTHING SELLS it may not sell now but it will sell one day.

Wayne I am in a similar boat to you, work is scarce and we have to do something to put food on the table.

This is the thing

wayjen
Wayne I am in a similar boat to you, work is scarce and we have to do something to put food on the table.

This is the thing

JP do anything you can my friend, remember, some people on BoB have established businesses and are getting money other ways too whilst some of us are doing this to survive and it works. It may be hard work but the reward is great. You write your own cheque at the end of the day. As I say, look around for items that you can put up.

lilythepink
Also remember the time of the month it is, once people have some money again they may get more interested.

It's definitely not a good time of the month for sales! There are times we have to accept that money simply isn't around.