Sign in to follow this  
EWAAN Galleries

Buyer Protection!

Asha Craft
Someone has to pay for it... 2% seems around the fairest option, we would probably charge this to the seller.

I trust this will be optional and not mandatory. We already offer a great reliable service to the buyers, and are verified by BOB, and offer postal insurance on all parcels. Another 2% out of pocket will not sit right with me...

MsPlod
I trust this will be optional and not mandatory. We already offer a great reliable service to the buyers, and are verified by BOB, and offer postal insurance on all parcels. Another 2% out of pocket will not sit right with me...

Hear hear! Really do think that it should be optional. Postal insurance and good sellers are key.

Maybe it would be worth it to those new traders who have yet to prove themselves trustworthy?

Asha Craft

Or perhaps offer it to sellers that are NOT verified by Bidorbuy ????

Adding another 2% onto our 'expenses' means without all the listing fees we pay, the total going to Bidorbuy for each sale changes from 5% to 7%, which is no fun for me :meh:

qball

This is a hypothetical situation at the moment... nothing definite. I doubt we will make it compulsory, but we would also look at giving sellers who do opt for this better exposure on the site, and at the same time creating trust on the site.

Seems to be lots of complaints about this, but no-one wants to pay for it... :confused:

kyle2

Surely the onus should be on the part of the buyer. The buyer would have to decide whether or not they wish to spend the extra amount to secure the parcel.

As a buyer I would use this service if it were an option.

Asha Craft

Isn't that the human condition Cuan? :biggrin:

As a buyer, I would pay an extra 2% if I feel the seller could be dodgy or new or for whatever other reason. BUT, it has to optional. If I've dealt with 'seller X' many times before then I'm not going to pay the extra 2%, because I trust that he/she is still trustworthy.

As a seller, I have many indicators in place to show that I can be trusted, as mentioned before: verified by Bidorbuy, offer postal insurance, great ratings, etc. So another buyer protection feature will be overkill. If it's too good to be true... lol. Kidding. But I've said enough already. Have a rest, you guys work too hard! :toung:

brands online
Funny how some buyers would like the protection, but are not willing to pay for it. Many sellers offers the 2% Post Office insurance, but few buyers make use of it (from my experience as a seller).

That's because post office insurance is an headache more than anything else. Hundreds of forms, six months before the 'investigation' ends and then they re-imburse, sometimes!

Also agree, it should be optional, for the account of the buyer and 2% seems fair. Would just replace the post office optional insurance in that case, basically. Do also still think that lots of buyers would opt NOT to use the service just like postal insurance...:wondering:

qball

Just remember this is not insurance but a 100% money back guarantee if there is fraud or items are misrepresented. It would not replace the insurance the PO charges for loss of parcels. The plan would not cover goods stolen in transit.

brands online
Just remember this is not insurance but a 100% money back guarantee if there is fraud or items are misrepresented. It would not replace the insurance the PO charges for loss of parcels. The plan would not cover goods stolen in transit.

Oops, what I was trying to bring across is that it would just add to the optional post office insurance that I agree most buyers do not make use of either...Thanks Cuan:blink1:

qball

No problemo :cool: