Sign in to follow this  
EWAAN Galleries

Buyer Protection!

EWAAN Galleries    10
EWAAN Galleries

HI ALL

Would be great to see something that EBAY has and Bid or Buy is missing it... NO BUYER PROTECTION ON BID OR BUY.....

With Ebay, if you don't receive an item you paid for, you just open a case and get your full monies back... EXCELLENT!!!

Paypal charges a percentage for that.... Can Bid or Buy not do the same?

Would appreciate input from other and Bid or Buy Admin Please.....

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe

Goods from OUTSIDE of South Africa, we only use ebay. Over the years we have never had a parcel bought from ebay "get lost or stolen". I think the protection of the buyer costs the seller and there are consequences.

I am a seller but I also buy some, so yes I would agree that BOB needs something like that. Paypal works well

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

Of concern would be the dishonesty of certain buyers that state they did not receive items when they actually have received them.As a seller i have proof they signed for the parcel but what if they claim the parcel was empty or not intact.The seller would then be out of pocket and not have the item and the buyer is twice as well off.It has happened and will happen ,believe me as there are so many chancers out there.

neil

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe
HI

Of concern would be the dishonesty of certain buyers that state they did not receive items when they actually have received them.As a seller i have proof they signed for the parcel but what if they claim the parcel was empty or not intact.The seller would then be out of pocket and not have the item and the buyer is twice as well off.It has happened and will happen ,believe me as there are so many chancers out there.

neil

In that case the buyer need proof that the box is empty or not intact, this is done at the OP. You can not take a damaged parcel from the PO and blame the seller, if you do that you are at fault.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
Goods from OUTSIDE of South Africa, we only use ebay. Over the years we have never had a parcel bought from ebay "get lost or stolen". I think the protection of the buyer costs the seller and there are consequences.

I am a seller but I also buy some, so yes I would agree that BOB needs something like that. Paypal works well

I've bought a couple of items through eBay and never ever had a problem. Have now just bought a metal detector also through eBay and am waiting for it to arrive!

Don't forget, though, that BoB does have cover for buyers who deal with verified sellers!

qball    11
qball

What as seller's, would you be prepared to pay as a percentage or fixed fee for such a service?

We do offer Buyer Protection through our Buyer Protection Programme. Please also bear in mind we don't own a company like PayPal... :sad:

AndreComputer    10
AndreComputer

I feel the same ,there's no buyer protection at BOB .It seems if though the seller gets most of the good stuff .I make a payment through EFT .Immediately the money is gone from my account .Now I have to hope & pray I get my Item .I'm having exactly the same problem at this stge with a seller bidorbuy ID: 28630923

1x1_trans.gif .

There's only a email address ,no contact number and NO WAY that I can trace this person .No reply to emails no reply to negative rating & message .In her terms she states "

· Please note that 99.9% of the issues can be resolved. Before rating me negative, please contact me via mail/phone to amicably resolve the problem.

· I appreciate you as a customer!

· · BID WITH CONFIDENCE.

· HAPPY BIDDING

· PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS……''

I can not get hold of her by email and no other contact details ,what now ? I support a escrow system and will be prepared to pay a percentage for deals that I feel not 100% sure of ,Maybe 5 percent ?

Kind Regards

Andrecomputer

qball    11
qball

We can assure you, bidorbuy is far safer than most other online market places or classified sites where you do not have the benefit of a rating system, nor seller monitoring etc. We have a Verified User programme which is covered by our Buyer Protection Programme too, so the buyer has the option or choice to buy from a Verified User or a non Verified User, it's your choice. Most of the time, the rating system can provide sufficient assurance of the reliability and trustworthiness of a seller. However, there are times when sellers become ill or have heart attacks or are involved in accidents, this is beyond their control and is not done intentionally. This is also why you sometimes cannot get feedback from them. The safest way to trade is to educate yourself, compare prices, look at the ratings etc. The educated buyer is the safest buyer. Remember too, if it's too good to be true, it usually is.

bidorbuy is not an escrow service and offering such facilities are costly. Escrow was offered on bidorbuy several years ago but no one wanted to use it. The fee was 6% of the transaction value. Thank you Andrecomputer for your input, I believe there has been a health issue with Dzignergal and that is the reason for lack of communication.

Again, we ask the question, what would you be prepared to pay for this type of service?

dstorm    10
dstorm

Quote from Qball’s post: “The safest way to trade is to educate yourself”.

Are we allowed to agree with Cuan?

Regards

Jacques

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI JACQUE

AT your peril,at your peril

You have been warned

NEIL

qball    11
qball

It would be nice if someone agreed with me... :angel:

My question to you all is how much would you be prepared to pay for such protection?

kebs    10
kebs

It seems no-one has an answer for you gball.. Wonder why?

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello Cuan and Kebs

I do not think I have to answer the question.

I understand EWAAN Galleries’ point, but the stamp market is a lot smaller in “average price per item sold”.

I “work” with a limited number of BoB clients with the majority of sales being return sales. I think that this is true for most stamp sellers on BoB.

So people get to trust you (regardless of your ratings).

I hope that we would not have to pay extra commission for the mentioned reason. Let the sellers (or buyers) who want this facility pay for it.

As a shop owner I appreciate that I have to pay a listings fees and commissions to BoB and I know that the fees are so much lower than ebay, but it is always a shock to receive the account. So please let it not be higher!

Regards

Jacques

kebs    10
kebs

Agreed - I also would prefer to not pay extra after seller fees.. I think if a buyer wants the extra protection, it's up to them whether they want to pay the extra or not.. But seeing as most buyers won't pay the extra 2% for insured postage, I doubt they will pay extra for this! My point was it's fine to ask for the extra protection, but no-one seems to be prepared to answer when asked how much would they pay for it..

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe

Hi, I have not said anything because I have been thinking and reading about it. I as a seller know that I will send the goods after I have been paid, so I dont see why I should pay to protect my buyers. How ever I as a buyer would pay extra to protect my self because I dont know how honest the seller would be.

I really can not come to an amount to pay, 2% would be nice but lets be realistic would it be enough? Qball how about you tell us what it would cost. It may just shut some of us up :biggrin:

AndreComputer    10
AndreComputer

Hi,I have answered and commented that I would be prepared to pay a 5 % extra on deal .This would not always be the case only for dodgy sellers or presumed dodgy sellers .

TheJeweller    10
TheJeweller

I have a question.

How often this happened?

Seller never loose anything. Besides having troubles from the buyer sometimes.

As a buyer I had problems three times. In two cases I could return items but because items was cheap I didn't bother

to send it back.

One thing I would like to be done on BOB.

The seller, A MUST disclosed his/her name, telephone number, email address, place of residence.

In case of fraud, the BOB have to give all information in case of investigation. Finish and klaar.

I have seen few times in contact seller: company.ltd email address.... and that's all info.

eZethu Coins    10
eZethu Coins
It would be nice if someone agreed with me... :angel:

My question to you all is how much would you be prepared to pay for such protection?

As a seller I am not prepared to pay extra to protect the buyer - a combination of my proven integrity and the optional Post Office insurance is what I can offer. The buyers may want to buy extra protection in cases where the above is not offered. As a buyer I would be prepared to pay 2% protection to BoB on certain of my purchases if I felt that I need the protection - depending on what the extend of this protection would be.

So Q - what would you consider to offer at my offered 2%?

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi All

I agree with eZethu Coins 10001%

Asha Craft Jewellery    10
Asha Craft Jewellery

Sorry but I would not pay for such a service. It's fine with overseas items, because they cannot be tracked cross-border. However in SA, you can track the parcel 24/7.

brands online    10
brands online

Hi, Would also not pay for such a service, Also understand sellers with "higher value" items seeing the need, but not for me, thanks...

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

As a buyer - would not pay for the service. Take time to read ratings and make sure that sellers deliver the goods.

Edited by qball

qball    11
qball

So far it seems both buyer and seller don't want to pay for it.... that seems to be the consensus? Someone has to pay for it... 2% seems around the fairest option, we would probably charge this to the seller. It's about creating trust in general.

eZethu Coins    10
eZethu Coins
So far it seems both buyer and seller don't want to pay for it.... that seems to be the consensus? Someone has to pay for it... 2% seems around the fairest option, we would probably charge this to the seller. It's about creating trust in general.

Funny how some buyers would like the protection, but are not willing to pay for it. Many sellers offers the 2% Post Office insurance, but few buyers make use of it (from my experience as a seller).