Sign in to follow this  
RISadler

SNC waiting period...

RISadler    10
RISadler

I am still of the opinion that the waiting period to file an SNC is too long.

An international bidder recently won an auction of mine, but since I do not accept PayPal the deal cannot be concluded. Now I must wait 7 days before I can file the SNC, even though the deal was cancelled within hours of the auction closing.

Really, can't you change this?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Yes, the SNC waiting period is most definitely too long, especially once one has filed an SNC because a buyer hasn't paid or communicated with a seller. He then, halfway through the SNC reply period of 7 days decides to answer that he intends to pay, but still doesn't! :confused:

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

I agree-The snc waiting period should be linked to your payment terms-If you allow 2 days for payment and the client does not pay then you should be able to file snc after 2 days-Same applies if you have a 7 day payment option then snc can be filed after 7 days-Should be easy to set up by bob.

NEIL

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I second your proposal, Neil. I don't see why this can't be done!

Virgotec    10
Virgotec

I third this proposal.

Deadbeat bidders wasting our time and money. Please BOB change this!

wayjen    10
wayjen

We recently dealt with someone who bid on an item then disappeared. We filed an SNC and relisted. This person then emails back to say he will appeal the SNC as he still wants the item. We delete said item as he still wants it. We wait a few days and hear nothing so send another email to which the bidder says he does not want it.

I am getting tired of time wasters now.

qball    11
qball

Sorry guys, this is not going to be changed as discussed previously on the forum.

Thank you

Cuan

RISadler    10
RISadler

Then file it under "Things people find irritating about bidorbuy, which may explain ..."

But for the record, why can't the initial SNC waiting-period be linked to a "payment within"-facility on the sellers' individual settings? You are using a relational database, aren't you? So it's not the computers.

qball    11
qball

Must be a big file?:biggrin:

Due to the fact that every seller has different payment terms and other external factors like buyer's internet access (majority still access from work), payment clearance issues etc. we cannot link it to an individual seller's payment, it has nothing to do with the tech side of it, but rather what is reasonable and fair. We allow a 7 day period for a transaction to be completed successfully, including payment. This is already abused by many seller's and to allow seller's to file SNC's after 1 day or 3 days is just going to increase the abuse of the process. If the buyer has not paid within your specified time frame, please feel free to alert them to this fact and that you will relist the item immediately, there is nothing stopping you from doing this or making a personal offer to a runner up. Then you can file your SNC after the 7 day period. This makes it easier to manage the process from a logistical and administrative point of view.

So once again, we will not be changing it... sorry.:sad2: