Sign in to follow this  
TheJeweller

New Gems On The Market.

TheJeweller    10
TheJeweller

I have to admit it, being in jewellery industry for over 25 years, I still learn a lot on bidorbuy since I join in July this year.

I have seen 25ct IF Ruby, 30ct Red or Tanzanite blue Topaz untreated, Genuine Sapphire Lab created. And so on.

I understand people will do anything to sell they goods.

But now in the more fun not.

New Gemstones come to the market.

GANETT, Citrine Peridot, Citrine oval step cut. Pienk brilliant cut diamond.:confused:

I am Russian, even though I published six books I still don't know everything.

Please educate me about this stones.

Items for sale from Brenton123 on bidorbuy.co.za

Lukeness    10
Lukeness

LMAO.

There are a few Cetrines too!

TheJeweller    10
TheJeweller

I have found there some more.

Blue sapphire

s i colour

round brilliant cut

size: 120x80x75 :confused:

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

Round brilliant cut? size 120 x 80 x 75? The size of "someone's" head maybe? lol Definitely don't know what they're advertising. I certainly wouldn't buy here!

I have found there some more.

Blue sapphire

s i colour

round brilliant cut

size: 120x80x75 :confused:

kyle2    10
kyle2

A lot of these stones, especially saphires are somehow 'laminated' layers of precious stones with lead glass, there is no way a genuine saphire of around 1.5 ct will sell for less than R10000. There are many different ways of creating these precious stones, including a process called 'seeding', whereby a small piece of the precious stone is placed under heat and pressure with the appropriate type of additive, which is then coaxed into forming around the original piece of stone which then take on its characteristics and forms a larger stone. Its better to do a LOT of research into the matter before you start buying lots of stones offered, to avoid dissapointment.

Key words to look out for are : lead glass filled, heated, heat treatment, there are others I can't think of right now. Perhaps anyone else can add some here?

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

The price on these ill-described gems has me shaking with a mix of pure disbelief and hysterical laughter. Have you followed the links provided for the "details"? Takes one straight to GemSelect dot com

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

OK - have finally worked it out!

These are all extremely low density gems - hence the huge discrepancy between size and carat weight.

I mean - there is no other possible explanation for this rare piece (Tanzanites - TANZANITES for sale in Pretoria / Tshwane (ID:29047722)) to be "120MMX93MMX65MM" and only weigh 3.65ct.

It's revolutionary - think about all those aching necks and heads from wearing heavy, gem-encrusted jewellery - picture the adverts...

"buy our new low density gemstones and your muscular aches will be a thing of the past..." It's GENIUS!!

PS - "I talk to the trees, but they don't listen to me..."

kyle2    10
kyle2

Hey MsPlod here is some low density material for you, freaky material, they call it solid smoke. Pictured below is a piece under the rock.:surprised:

Wikipedia has the following to say:

Aerogel is a manufactured material with the lowest bulk density of any known porous solid. It is derived from a gel in which the liquid component of the gel has been replaced with a gas. The result is an extremely low-density solid, with a notable effectiveness as a thermal insulator. It is nicknamed frozen smoke, solid smoke, solid air or blue smoke due to its translucent nature and the way light scatters in the material; however, it feels like expanded polystyrene (styrofoam) to the touch.Aerogel..JPG.e38fc13ca5c187522a72f90b478285f5.JPG

Lukeness    10
Lukeness

That picture is weird too. Cutting like that should be reserved for glass ornaments.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

What really bothers me is that almost EVERYTHING is wrong...

This sapphire 1776387_101122110150_2images.jpg described as "si colour" and "round brilliant cut?

Hmmmmmm....

Hey MsPlod here is some low density material for you, freaky material, they call it solid smoke.

Must say that I fear that the word "smoke" may well describe more than just the freaky material - more along the lines of smoke and mirrors ratlos.gif

Edited by MsPlod

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
What really bothers me is that almost EVERYTHING is wrong...

This sapphire 1776387_101122110150_2images.jpg described as "si colour" and "round brilliant cut?

Hmmmmmm....

Even a squint-eyed person could see that this description is wrong! Good grief

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

Interesting....all the items have been removed...

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
Interesting....all the items have been removed...

Rather a relief I must say!

TheJeweller    10
TheJeweller

Ha, I told you it does not look real.

If it's not a fraud, then this guy don't know anything about stones.

To bad its been removed, I was waiting for more fun to come.:sad:

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Probably been reading the forum and knows he's in for the high-jump if he continues.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

Here are some more new gemstones...:rolleyes:

Ametrine - GORGEOUS GREEN AND BLUE AMETRINE - 26.32ct was sold for R81.00 on 30 Jan at 21:16 by Melbon in Alrode (ID:32093388) (Que???)

and... this buyer thinks they have an incredible bargain, when all they have is a blue quartz?:surprised:

Tanzanites - 50.80 CARAT!!!!!!!! RAVISHING HUGE VIOLET BLUE TANZANITE QUARTZ CUSHION was sold for R850.00 on 30 Jan at 23:45 by zars88 in Vereeniging (ID:32116519)

Uh oh!!:wondering:

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

The "Tanzanite" listing is totally unethical!!! This particular seller should know better! (and it's one of my buyer's too)

Re the "Ametrine" - I've given up trying to get these seller's to list the items correctly - it is a hydrothermal QUARTZ and has nothing to do with an Ametrine - which by the way is ONLY shades of purple and "yellow". Any other colour combination is Quartz. But the sellers push the "ametrine" issue as it usually yields a much higher end price! Disgusting behaviour to deliberately mislead your buyer if you ask me!

TheJeweller    10
TheJeweller

This people should sign for my course before deal with gems.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Perhaps it's time BoB appointed a knowledgeable panel of Bobbers to check these misleading ads out? So many people are being conned these days that it would be worthwhile saving considerable heartache to buyers on BoB?

Lukeness    10
Lukeness

For those who don't know, hydrothermal quartz is lab created quartz. It is not a treatment applied to natural quartz.

There is a fairly comprehensive guide available on BoB for buyers and sellers and for the rest of the time, asking questions here will save buyers a lot of hurt.

alloway65    10
alloway65

If newbies took the time to read the Gem Stone Forum going back a few years they would learn a lot!

There were great debates on the Forum two to three years ago where a whole spectrum of topics were debated.

I gave up on buying gem stones a couple of years ago on BoB as there was so much rubbish being sold, also some sellers whom I respected were not truly familiar with what they were selling. I got fed up of sending stones back.

Buyers beware!!!:suspicious:

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

And to the BoB user who is reporting me via Community Watch for selling "fake" Sapphires, perhaps he / she should actually learn something instead of just assuming.

For the record (as explained in my reply to the CW report):

Chathum Diffusion is a chemical process to enhance the colour and clarity of a gem.

This means that the Sapphire is still 100% naturally mined, but just treated thus this being mentioned in the listing under Treatment!

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

I can warrant that Cali Craft & Gems know their products! What they advertise is the exact item received. No hidden agenda. I have my rings valued with a gemmologist once they're finished and if there was any fakes, I would have known by now. Thanks for your valued info on the forum Janet!.

And to the BoB user who is reporting me via Community Watch for selling "fake" Sapphires, perhaps he / she should actually learn something instead of just assuming.

For the record (as explained in my reply to the CW report):

Chathum Diffusion is a chemical process to enhance the colour and clarity of a gem.

This means that the Sapphire is still 100% naturally mined, but just treated thus this being mentioned in the listing under Treatment!