Sign in to follow this  
protocol7

Feedback time limit and change duration

protocol7

Hi all

I could not find a defintive answer for the following:

What is the time limit for giving feedback to a seller?

I recieved an netbook from a seller which stated it had 2GB of ram in it but only came with 512mb so I contacted the seller about this. He has promised to send the correct RAM, I have courierd the incorrect RAM back to him at my own cost, but he said on email to me he has now gone into hospital. It's now about 26 days since the auction ended and do not wish to rate him neutrally or negatively uneccessarily as he could not foresee his hospital trip. What should I do?

And on another line of thought for interests sake, how many times can you change your rating and what is the maximum duration before it is 'set' in stone?

kebs

I have it on good authority that you up to 12 months to rate.. :bigsmile: I would give him time until he comes out of hospital - anyone can make a mistake that might not require bad feedback to fix. Check his other ratings as well though & see if there's a pattern. I would however expect him to have covered the return costs as it was his error, not yours..

kebs

Aah... Admin types faster than me!! :biggrin:

protocol7

They do type super fast but don't think they read them properly and jump to conclusions :)

I have been rated positvely as the buyer of the auction and wish to rate him mutually as postive and eager to get the transaction completed happily.

Getting a little anxoius to get this netbook running as we all know: no RAM = no fun and the buyer protection programme only lasts 30 - 60 days

*Edit* Perhaps a thanks button or + rep could be added to forum to enhance it? Thanks Kebs.

admin
They do type super fast but don't think they read them properly and jump to conclusions :)

I was actually trying to be helpful regarding this part in your post :

And on another line of thought for interests sake, how many times can you change your rating and what is the maximum duration before it is 'set' in stone?

Still need the link to the item under discussion, as per the Forum rules, please.

kebs

It's a pleasure.. But I actually got the info from Admin a few days ago - the good authority I was referring to - so the thanks really belongs to him.. :cool:

protocol7

Hmm, I didn't see the rule regarding the neccesity of the link to the item under discussion? I sticky or intro to rules in this rating forum would assist future people in posting correctly.

I see in your link in previous post under rating system the 1 year edit rating rule but perhaps what was discussed above regarding the time limit to first rating could be added?

Oh and I dig the 'Trusted by the WOT community' in your signature. I always have difficulty in finding good, 3rd party store reviews. You should definatly promote that more on the site as the tiny one on bottom corner on homepage I had never seen until I looked for it now.

*EDiT* Linky linky: http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/item/Item.jsp?Trade_TradeId=27864943

Edited by protocol7
RAwr