Sign in to follow this  
MsPlod

What would you do?

What would you do?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Grin and bear it and rate the seller positive because you fear a negative rating in return?
    • Immediately write to the seller and complain, requesting that the item be swopped?
    • Rate the seller negative with a comment about false advertising?
    • Post the item back to the seller and demand both a full refund and cancellation of the sale?
    • Come to the forum to try to get attention and help?
    • Weep and/or use bad language?
    • None of the above

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

You bid on an item (e.g. a watch) and pay for it promptly. The seller sends you an item which is similar, but definitely not the item that you bid on - i.e. the colour is different, the general appearance is different - maybe even a totally different (although related) product which has a similar monetary value. :whistling:

There was absolutely NO indication in the auction description that the photo advertising the product was not necessarily a photo of the item you would receive.:mad:

What would you do?:confused:

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

Ask for a refund and send it back I sometimes have flash discs on Auction but my listings then say you could get a different colour. same flash thought

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

The item is not really worth the double postage - that is part of the problem here - and I do not mean that I simply got a bargain - it is just that it is not an expensive item. I suspect many folks end up in this predicament?

kyle2    10
kyle2

I'm sure that the seller would purposely do that, knowing that returning the item would be pointless. Many sellers spring to mind, those threads have been closed or locked recently and Bob has indicated to us that pursuing the matter would cause demerits. Sad.

Buyers bear the brunt sometimes.

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe

It all depends on what it is, and if the seller treat me with respect. If I contact the seller and I want a swap for what I paid for I also want a refund on the posting. I did not make the mistake so I should not pay. After all this I will rate the seller a positive because he/she helped.

If I get some crap back from the seller, no matter what it is I will rate negative for bad attitude and not willing to help.

None of this apply to some sellers the had threads here that has been locked, they just dont care and I will not buy from HIM.

No matter if it is worth the extra postage, it the seller is at fault he/she has to fix it at their cost. If I made that mistake with one of my buyers I would be grateful that they contacted me and if its not worth the postage, just send another and let them keep the wrong one if they want it. You will have a happy buyer and your mistake is now forgiven.

I really dont understand how people can treat each other so badly, you get nothing good out of it.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals
It all depends on what it is, and if the seller treat me with respect. If I contact the seller and I want a swap for what I paid for I also want a refund on the posting. I did not make the mistake so I should not pay. After all this I will rate the seller a positive because he/she helped.

If I get some crap back from the seller, no matter what it is I will rate negative for bad attitude and not willing to help.

None of this apply to some sellers the had threads here that has been locked, they just dont care and I will not buy from HIM.

No matter if it is worth the extra postage, it the seller is at fault he/she has to fix it at their cost. If I made that mistake with one of my buyers I would be grateful that they contacted me and if its not worth the postage, just send another and let them keep the wrong one if they want it. You will have a happy buyer and your mistake is now forgiven.

I really dont understand how people can treat each other so badly, you get nothing good out of it.

I agree wholeheartedly, I've made a mistake once and rectified it at my cost, there should be no quibble about it. I replaced the items and didn't even expect the buyer to send the other one back to me.

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe
I agree wholeheartedly, I've made a mistake once and rectified it at my cost, there should be no quibble about it. I replaced the items and didn't even expect the buyer to send the other one back to me.

Thats really good of you :cool:

At the end of the day some one has to hand over their hard earned money and be happy. I have not sold much but with every one I try to go the extra mile to make some one smile. Thats worth it :biggrin:

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI ALL

If item is not as in the picture then the seller is at fault and he must supply the buyer with the correct item at his own cost.(this does not apply to DA KING of course).My philosophy is customer is KING not the seller being KING.

We all make mistakes but the important thing is how you handle it and how you keep your customer happy.I Have 6700 plus sales at 100% positive ratings with items that can easily be misrepresented and have made mistakes along the way but have always managed to sort all out to the buyer/customer satisfaction.It is the only way to have a sustainable business.Sure, you will have the totally unreasonable d@#khead but swallow your pride and move on in the knowledge that you have conducted yourself in an appropriate manner.

Just the way i see it.

NEIL

admin    0
admin

Hi MsPlod,

Please supply a link to the item under discussion to avoid having the thread locked.

Thank you.

TheJeweller    10
TheJeweller

Please be nice.

Call seller and sort it out.

If that's not working, reported.

mellowred    10
mellowred
HI ALL

We all make mistakes but the important thing is how you handle it .......NEIL

That is the key. When you are dealing with volumes of sales, a gremlin is going to creep in every now and again. Good manners, honesty and tolerance are ver important in all business dealings.

But I don't agree that the customer is always right. The customer has the cash, the seller has the product. To me the playing field is even.

mellowred    10
mellowred

I'm disappointed that two people voted option 1 "Grin and bear it and rate the seller positive because you fear a negative rating in return?".

That defeats the whole rating system.

mellowred    10
mellowred
Hi MsPlod,

Please supply a link to the item under discussion to avoid having the thread locked.

Thank you.

Hi Mr Admin. There are so many complaints on the forum i.c.w. incorrect advertising or items not being as implied on the listing. A few names may spring to mind, but I did not read this thread as relating to a specific item or seller.

MsPlod can correct me if I am wrong. :cry:

JPBon    10
JPBon

Can you add an option to the poll, "send the mafia around"

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
Hi Mr Admin. There are so many complaints on the forum i.c.w. incorrect advertising or items not being as implied on the listing. A few names may spring to mind, but I did not read this thread as relating to a specific item or seller.

MsPlod can correct me if I am wrong. :cry:

Spot on Mellowred!

And I would be sad if the thread was locked simply because I was raising a hypothetical situation Andries...

Can you add an option to the poll, "send the mafia around"

Next time JP - missed the opportunity LOL!!

admin    0
admin

Hi MsPlod,

Thank you, hypothetical then it is fine, obviously no link needed then :wink: Had to make sure so the answers to your poll would be correct, if it was about a specific item we all needed to see it, the description might have been interpreted different by some :thinking: