Sign in to follow this  
Digitrade

Recently won & Bought?

digitalgheko    10
digitalgheko

Hi Digitrade,

Had a look and it seems fine for me. Has over 540 pages, dating back to Nov 13th right up until a minute ago.

Please can you provide a screenshot or more information on what is wrong on your side.

admin    0
admin

Hi James,

I think he is referring to the fact that the last item shown sold was at 20 Nov 00:46 :confused:

Digitrade    10
Digitrade

This is the first time ever that this happened to me. I can not do the screenshot, but the last sales viewable are on 20 November at 00:46.

Digitrade    10
Digitrade

If you open the main page, then it is not updated. If you open the sub-sections, everything seems fine.

digitalgheko    10
digitalgheko
Hi James,

I think he is referring to the fact that the last item shown sold was at 20 Nov 00:46 :confused:

I'm looking at the page now again; last item sold 19:54. See below for a quick test I need you to perform.

If you open the main page, then it is not updated. If you open the sub-sections, everything seems fine.

This seems like you have a cache or most likely a DNS issue. Can you please do the following for me:

Click Start -> Run

Type: cmd

When you hit enter you'll have the windows command line terminal open.

From there type the following:

tracert www.bidorbuy.co.za

Once it's completed the trace; please let me know the results. They should look something like

Tracing route to bidorbuy.co.za [196.35.163.203]

Also; which ISP are you with?

Edited by digitalgheko

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Tks for bringing this to our attention. We will fix now.

admin    0
admin

153455_101120201524_win7.JPG

Running Win 7, with MWEB

Digitrade    10
Digitrade

Just checked. Everything seems to be in order again.

admin    0
admin

Thanks, mine is good now as well, a bit later than Digitrade's, but hey, I will wait my turn :biggrin:

digitalgheko    10
digitalgheko

Glad it's all sorted ;)

Shout if you come across any other issues.

Digitrade    10
Digitrade

It is not sorted. My main page is now stuck at 20:17, although there has been sales at 20:30 and 20:45 on the sub-section pages.

digitalgheko    10
digitalgheko
It is not sorted. My main page is now stuck at 20:17, although there has been sales at 20:30 and 20:45 on the sub-section pages.

Hi again Digitrade, which page are you referring to? Still the items recently sold or another one?

admin    0
admin

Same here and the time at the bottom of the page says Sat, Nov 20, 2010 08:17 PM

Digitrade    10
Digitrade

It is still the "items recently sold page. Exactly the same problem. Another thing seems odd. I looked at items sold at 20:45 on pages, and if you look at the time of my post, it reads 20:40. You also just posted and the time reads earlier?

admin    0
admin

Looks like the clock at the bottom of the page stops, then the list does not get updated, stuck at Sat, Nov 20, 2010 08:47 PM now and only shows items sold till 20:47 :confused:

Digitrade    10
Digitrade

This is the current time at the bottom of the Home page, although items for 21:00 has closed already.:

Sat, Nov 20, 2010 08:54 PM

admin    0
admin

Time on the recently sold page stays at 08:47 PM and on the bidorbuy home page it stays at 08:54 PM

digitalgheko    10
digitalgheko
This is the current time at the bottom of the Home page, although items for 21:00 has closed already.:

Sat, Nov 20, 2010 08:54 PM

Please be aware that these are statically generated pages at set intervals. In most cases, every 15 minutes. For all HTML files, the time stamp at the bottom of the page is not a real-time server time stamp; it is a page generation time-stamp.

For bidorbuy real-time server times; please see Official bidorbuy time

I have been keeping an eye on this and from what I can see I have sorted the initial problem for the static generation.

Let me know if there is anything else.

Digitrade    10
Digitrade

The "Recently won & Bought" page is still stuck at 20:47. It does not update the sales. How do you explain the wrong times shown when we post on the forum?

digitalgheko    10
digitalgheko

I can only suggest a forced refresh from here ( CTRL + R or CTRL + F5 ) as I've tested it on 4 different machines across Linux / Windows using Internet Explorer / Chrome / Firefox / Konquerer and all are no more than the scheduled 15 minutes delayed.

The forum is on a completely separate server; I'll have to look at the time drifts on that :)

Digitrade    10
Digitrade

The "Recently won & Bought page seems to be working fine now. It updated immediatly at 21:30.