Sign in to follow this  
jeber

HTML tags & attributes not permitted in trade description field.

jeber    10
jeber

I have been struggling to place my first seller listing! Am ready to give up!. When I finally thought all was well and tried to "create listing" I got the message as

detailed above. What does this mean and how do I get ridof it?!:confused:

digitalgheko    10
digitalgheko

Hi jeber,

Welcome to bidorbuy! :)

There are certain restrictions placed on the content types allowed to be entered into the trade listings for security and other reasons. You can post your listing here or send it to me via PM and I will check it for you.

You can post it here only by putting it within a "code" tag. Shout if you need more help with sending me the code.

jeber    10
jeber

Hi thanks for the reply, yes please I would like you to look at for me, how do I send it there? Sorry to be rather a dummy!!!

Mine is not supposed to be a trade listing, just a private individual.

digitalgheko    10
digitalgheko

You should be able to post the code you're trying to use for the listing here if you put it within the "code" tags. Just click the bold # symbol in the editor right here and then paste the code in between those tags. =]

jeber    10
jeber

Sorry I just haven't a clue. I'll just have to give up the unequal struggle. I stupidly imagined that one could put the description of the article for sale in the appropriate place, upload the pix, fill in all the other details and that would be that. Obviously that would be too simple, so as far as I am concerned bidorbuy as a seller is a deadloss!!.

JPBon    10
JPBon

Sorry I just haven't a clue. I'll just have to give up the unequal struggle. I stupidly imagined that one could put the description of the article for sale in the appropriate place, upload the pix, fill in all the other details and that would be that. Obviously that would be too simple, so as far as I am concerned bidorbuy as a seller is a deadloss!!.

Most of the time it is that simple. I havent had any problems loading items for sale.

digitalgheko    10
digitalgheko

Sorry to hear you're frustrated; I'll send you a PM with my details so you can mail me the details and code for the listing so I can try sort it out for you.

Thanks

digitalgheko    10
digitalgheko

It would appear that you're using Microsoft Word or similar document writer to create the listings. While this is perfectly fine in most cases; please be aware that a straight Copy + Paste from Word or other document writer will result in a lot of extraneous formating code being inserted into the item listing editor; resulting in you exceeding the listings character limit.

If you experience this error in future; please write up your listing content with a text-only editor, such as NotePAD and when you're ready to create the listing; paste that text only version into the trade listing editor. From there you will be able to apply formating to the content in a very similar manner as you would in Word. This will; in most cases; ensure that your code is clean and properly formated and you should not have any issues.

Please do not hesitate to give us a shout if you have any further issues and I hope that your bidorbuy experience only gets better. Good luck with the sales! :wink: