Sign in to follow this  
Pierre_Henri

Metal Detecting Cape Town, South Africa

wayjen

i found money on the surface of the sand never mind that it was inside somebodies pants pocket.

lilythepink
i found money on the surface of the sand never mind that it was inside somebodies pants pocket.

And you didn't get arrested? Or was it your own pants' pocket? :worried:

wayjen

the clothes were just lying there.

JPBon
the clothes were just lying there.

Lets check the 2nd hand clothes listings no doubt Wayne will list them.

wayjen

ha ha ha i'm wearing them i left my clothes in its place.

lilythepink
Lets check the 2nd hand clothes listings no doubt Wayne will list them.

Yes, he says they were lying there ("were" being the operative word!) But he doesn't tell us how much money he got out of the pants' pockets. Were they a man's or a lady's pants? When will they be up for auction, Wayne? Spill the beans - we also need to know the colour of the pants, please, and what type of material they are made from! :grin:

wayjen

oooooooh the slax/slacks? go nice with my blouse on a hot day like this.

lilythepink
oooooooh the slax/slacks? go nice with my blouse on a hot day like this.

Hope you've got suitable panties to go with the slacks, Wayne, and don't forget to trip along sweetly, swinging your handbag!

wayjen

skip to the loo my darlink.

unicoin

Metal Detector

Hope you've got suitable panties to go with the slacks, Wayne, and don't forget to trip along sweetly, swinging your handbag!

Hi all,,

Lily, Wayen it makes my heart feel so warm to read such humour. There is such a lot of sadness in our country and then you read all your yoking about the metal detecting, it is good to hear. Maybe if I do not sell my metal detector, some of us (the beginners) in Cape Town can meet at one of the beaches and do metal detecting and have a nice cup of coffee of somethine?

Regards

Andrea

Edited by unicoin

wayjen

why not.

lilythepink

I am still waiting for my MD to arrive from the UK and it's almost 3 weeks since I bought it. I have a Royal Mail tracking number - any ideas how I go about finding out where the parcel is, other than contacting the seller again?

wayjen

what can i say LOCAL IS LEKKER.

geejay50

Hello all,

Is there a metal detector that discriminates between ferous and non ferous metals? That would narrow down the search for coins etc?

Geejay

wayjen

yes there is from what I believe.

Cold Sea
Hello all,

Is there a metal detector that discriminates between ferous and non ferous metals? That would narrow down the search for coins etc?

Geejay

Most detectors will give different pitched tones for types of metal. Even the same pitch can be of different length. It takes time to figure it out, but it's always good fun.

lilythepink
what can i say LOCAL IS LEKKER.

Local is lekker but local prices are not lekker! Am still a lady-in-waiting as far as my MD is concerned ...! Hope it arrives before we leave for our holiday in Cape Town or else I'll be in a bad mood!

lilythepink

Gosh, Pierre Henri. You just made me wish to go down to the beaches around Port Alfred ...! Have been waiting for cooler weather and fewer people on the beach. Could I just be so lucky ...?

MrAerospace

Now I know why lily can't wait for winter and plans to take me beach-trolling with her and her ruddy metal detector! I supposed I will have to carry the darned thing?! But if I'm there, I'm entitled to 50% of the spoils if they ever amount to anything.

Pierre_Henri

R3 000 000 .00 is fine for a mornings detecting...!

A 100 oz gold nugget found by a detectorist was sold at the Sacramento Numismatic show for $400 000.00 plus fees. Hopefully the Cape of Storms will clear up some hunting areas this winter and deliver some treasures of our own.

Stamps & Coins: Rare gold nugget now a note in history - Home and Garden - sacbee.com

It sold for US$ 460 000.00 including fees (well over R3 000 000.00)

See here

Irvine-based firm places winning $460,000 bid on gold nugget - Orange County Register

MrAerospace

I'm an eternal optimist ... Port Alfred coastline, we will be there soon!

yetti1

My MD should be in the post, also in the CT area.

Cold Sea

Decimal Dan

Hi Yetti1

My metal detector always remind me of the story I once read about a famous ostrich called Decimal Dan, that lived on one of the ostrich farms near Oudtshoorn.

Those who can remember Decimal Dan, "the rand cent man", will be reading this with reading glasses :bigsmile:. I'll explain. Decimal Dan was a cartoon figure and jingle that was used to introduce the decimal coinage system in South Africa. You can listen to the Dan Hill song here: SPRINGBOK RADIO SOUNDS: DECIMAL DAN

As we know, the ostrich's diet includes stones, nuts, bolts and anything shiny. Decimal Dan, the ostrich, happened to swallow a first decimal series large 1961 one cent piece. Ostrich Dan choked and died. So next time you find that one cent coin, spare a thought for poor old Decimal Dan, who failed to keep up with the changing times.

Enjoy your new machine.

Edited by Cold Sea