Sign in to follow this  
farah786

Are sellers allowed to auction items not in stock?

farah786    10
farah786

I won the auction Soccer - MESSI SIGNED BARCELONA SHIRT WITH CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY was sold for R876.00 on 3 Nov at 20:01 by phoenix sports in Pretoria / Tshwane (ID:28171055) on 03 Nov 2010.

Seller sends me this message on 09.11.10

"I apologise about the delay in getting your item to you, I have had a family emergency that’s kept me at the hospital the past week. It’s come to my attention that our shipment from the UK has gone missing. At this point I have ordered in more items of memorabilia from the UK and paid for it to be sent DHL which worst case scenario will be here late next week. If you are not willing to wait till next week I am more than willing to offer you a full refund for the item. Kindly let me know if you would like a refund or if you willing to wait till next week? Once again my sincere apologise

Kind Regards

Jimmie

09 Nov 08:56 - from phoenix sports"

I can understand the delay in communication due to the family emergency,however my concern is :

Are sellers allowed to auction items not in stock?

Seller has not responded to email sent yesterday ,quering the item availability.

I have for now rated the seller with a Negative rating.

admin    0
admin

Hi farah786,

This seller does not have permission to drop ship, he was given a warning in this regards.

Thank you.

JPBon    10
JPBon

1. The following policies apply to all listings and are strictly prohibited:

1.1.Misrepresentation of items including:

1.4. Listing of items where the Seller is not physically in possession of the goods for sale (for example listing an item as a "pre-order" or where the seller's shipment has not yet arrived). This excludes Sellers operating on a "dropship" or consignment basis where the Seller has a proven track record and an established relationship with a supplier that ships directly to their Buyers. Permission needs to be obtained from bidorbuy and approval is entirely at the discretion of bidorbuy.

brands online    10
brands online

Jislaaik, did everyone take their vits this morning. On a weekend nogals :awesome:

farah786    10
farah786

Hi all...Thanks for the replies.

I figured it's not allowed.

I am now wondering if Messi really signed that jersey,hehe.

Also read the part on the auction :

" The authenticity of our products have been verified by the staff at Bid or Buy and we have a 100% positive feedback "

Has Bob staff actually checked out these items,and if so,how come the seller does not have it?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
"I apologise about the delay in getting your item to you, I have had a family emergency that’s kept me at the hospital the past week. Are sellers allowed to auction items not in stock?

24 hours a day, 7 days in a week - sitting at the hospital as opposed to "in" it? :confused:

YSLMAGIC    10
YSLMAGIC
Hi all...Thanks for the replies.

I figured it's not allowed.

I am now wondering if Messi really signed that jersey,hehe.

Also read the part on the auction :

" The authenticity of our products have been verified by the staff at Bid or Buy and we have a 100% positive feedback "

Has Bob staff actually checked out these items,and if so,how come the seller does not have it?

Hi Farah

the seller would have been requested to prove that he has a ligit source , not necesarily showing them the actual goods but just proving that the goods come from an authentic supplier

farah786    10
farah786
Hi Farah

the seller would have been requested to prove that he has a ligit source , not necesarily showing them the actual goods but just proving that the goods come from an authentic supplier

Hi

So I hope to get a "genuine" jersey with a "genuine" signature......in the meantime I am hoping to get even an email from the seller.

Another interesting point,check out this auction,No offence to this seller.

Soccer - Lionel Messi & Diego Maradona signed Argentina shirt *** RARE *** COA Incld was sold for R1,700.00 on 21 Nov at 20:01 by buyitSigned in Johannesburg (ID:28928565)

Auction clearly states that all shirts are replicas :confused:

So excuse me if I seem confused,but is it allowed to sell replica "branded" items if it bears a "celeb signature" and/or "certification"?

RAJRULES1    10
RAJRULES1

I have done some reading up on handwriting and I am quite sure that the same person signed both Maradonna's and Messi's signatures. The clearest sign is the unique way that the "e" is written in both names. It is a very rare way to write an "e" and the chances of both Maradonna and Messi writing it exactly the same is slim? What do others think?

farah786    10
farah786
I have done some reading up on handwriting and I am quite sure that the same person signed both Maradonna's and Messi's signatures. The clearest sign is the unique way that the "e" is written in both names. It is a very rare way to write an "e" and the chances of both Maradonna and Messi writing it exactly the same is slim? What do others think?

Maybe an "Argentinian" technique,hehe.

Check these 2 items and compare Messi's signatures.

Soccer - Lionel Messi signed Adidas soccer boot *** LIMITED *** COA Incld was sold for R946.00 on 21 Nov at 20:02 by buyitSigned in Johannesburg (ID:28927664)

Soccer - Lionel Messi & Diego Maradona signed Argentina shirt *** RARE *** COA Incld was sold for R1,700.00 on 21 Nov at 20:01 by buyitSigned in Johannesburg (ID:28928565)

I have not received any communication from the seller ,phoenix sports ,even after sending him a few emails.

I have lodged a complaint with Bob,awaiting feedback.

brands online    10
brands online
Maybe an "Argentinian" technique,hehe.

:amuse:

enezar    10
enezar

Hi All

Drop Ship is totaly crap and should be stopped this is a auction site not a online store for overseas dealers. I had a case this week after waiting for my stuff was told that the seller does not like my attitude so he canceled my order and filed a snc for not reading his terms all because I asked when is my shipment due so Mr eXpansys you pissed off the wrong customer and if a do not get a full refund in 24 hrs I will make a case against you

qball    10
qball

Unfortunately drop shipping is not going to go away, and is common on most auction websites and most eCommerce sites due to the nature of online commerce. Unfortunately there will be those who abuse this process and the SNC process will have to be followed, please make sure you appeal the SNC so we can get your side of the story as well.

Thank you

Cuan

EWAAN Galleries    10
EWAAN Galleries
Hi All

Drop Ship is totaly crap and should be stopped this is a auction site not a online store for overseas dealers. I had a case this week after waiting for my stuff was told that the seller does not like my attitude so he canceled my order and filed a snc for not reading his terms all because I asked when is my shipment due so Mr eXpansys you pissed off the wrong customer and if a do not get a full refund in 24 hrs I will make a case against you

Hi Enezar

I totally agree with you. How can one list an item he does not have in stock???? That is ridiculous, that's how we all got scammed by MediaTech. You should only be able to list an item that one has in stock unless Bid or Buy must Hold the Funds with them and only release the funds to the seller once the buyer has received his item....

How can a seller take my money then go shopping around for items, he may get scammed, then what - I must take the loss because of him.... That is really not on and puts you off bidding on many items....

With high values and new sellers, Bid or Buy should hold the funds until buyer is completely satisfied.

And we also don't mind if BOB hold our funds until our buyers are happy - no problem... WHY???-

Because we only list items we have in stock and we ship within 24 hours of receiving payment....

That is our policy and that is why we believe we have come so far as Bid or Buy Top Seller 2010!!!!

Edited by EWAAN Galleries

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe
Unfortunately drop shipping is not going to go away, and is common on most auction websites and most eCommerce sites due to the nature of online commerce. Unfortunately there will be those who abuse this process and the SNC process will have to be followed, please make sure you appeal the SNC so we can get your side of the story as well.

Thank you

Cuan

I really do think that the dropshipers should make it clear buy adding an icon or something like that so that the buyer would know it is dropshiping. It is not always clear and that just causes problems.

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe
Hi Enezar

I totally agree with you. How can one list an item he does not have in stock???? That is ridiculous, that's how we all got scammed by MediaTech. You should only be able to list an item that one has in stock unless Bid or Buy must Hold the Funds with them and only release the funds to the seller once the buyer has received his item....

How can a seller take my money then go shopping around for items, he may get scammed, then what - I must take the loss because of him.... That is really not on and puts you off bidding on many items....

With high values and new sellers, Bid or Buy should hold the funds until buyer is completely satisfied.

And we also don't mind if BOB hold our funds until our buyers are happy - no problem... WHY???-

Because we only list items we have in stock and we ship within 24 hours of receiving payment....

That is our policy and that is why we believe we have come so far as Bid or Buy Top Seller 2010!!!!

How long have you yourself been selling here?? Not the Bullion Vault? You?

EWAAN Galleries    10
EWAAN Galleries

Hi Bumblebee

December will be 2 years that we selling on this site.... You right... They should make it clear on the auction that they do not have the items in stock and still need to order them.....

farah786    10
farah786
I really do think that the dropshipers should make it clear buy adding an icon or something like that so that the buyer would know it is dropshiping. It is not always clear and that just causes problems.

An icon with "verification"confirmation by bob will help.Considering that only a handful of sellers are approved to dropship on bob,the verification process should be a piece of cake for bob staff.

This can be displayed beside usernames so all buyers are aware that the goods are not in stock.

Without the dropship verification,sellers like Items for sale from phoenix sports on bidorbuy.co.za will always be causing problems.

phoenix sports auction page clearly states that ;

"At Phoenix Sports we strive to send your item via Speed Services within 24 hours of your payment been cleared"

Today is over 20 Days now that payment was done by eft ,and I have yet to receive the item and/or a rating.

phoenix sports is not authorised to dropship.

auction page also states;

"The authenticity of our products have been verified by the staff at Bid or Buy and we have a 100% positive feedback rating "

So much for the 100% ratings.........now down to 98.46% and who knows over the next few days ???

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe
An icon with "verification"confirmation by bob will help.Considering that only a handful of sellers are approved to dropship on bob,the verification process should be a piece of cake for bob staff.

This can be displayed beside usernames so all buyers are aware that the goods are not in stock.

Without the dropship verification,sellers like Items for sale from phoenix sports on bidorbuy.co.za will always be causing problems.

phoenix sports auction page clearly states that ;

"At Phoenix Sports we strive to send your item via Speed Services within 24 hours of your payment been cleared"

Today is over 20 Days now that payment was done by eft ,and I have yet to receive the item and/or a rating.

phoenix sports is not authorised to dropship.

auction page also states;

"The authenticity of our products have been verified by the staff at Bid or Buy and we have a 100% positive feedback rating "

So much for the 100% ratings.........now down to 98.46% and who knows over the next few days ???

This is just the thing that causes problems. I also ordered goods last Nov for Christmas just to find out weeks later that it is dropship, no mention of it on the site and asked if the items were in stock - Oh yes they were but you have to ask that questions " do you have it on your premises in stock now at this moment for me?" Other wise they will tell you yes and all that means is that their supplier has stock, not the seller. Only received my items end of January, a little late dont you think.

If they are allowed to dropship, an icon like the warranty would be nice. Then the seller can use it on the items the are for dropship, and the items they have on them dont have to have the icon. This way if a seller uses that icon, the buyer knows and the seller is safe. If the seller does not and it is a dropship item then the buyer has a leg to stand on. I really think it will solve a big problem and save buyers and seller a lot of disappointed and problems.

kebs    10
kebs

Hi all.. I don't keep all my items in stock for several reasons - the main one being space as I live in a granny flat. Also, movement of certain items is next to impossible unless some-one specifically requests me to make a listing for them. However, all my listings clearly state whether the item is in stock or needs to be ordered. I asked bought an HTML listing from Mellowred that really helped to highlight the delivery time so hopefully it's clear to all people. I feel that if a buyer reads the listing & decides he/she is happy to wait, then there's no problem. If you check my feedback, people seem generally happy with this. I do try to keep at least 1 of each item in stock, but it's not always possible..

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe
Hi all.. I don't keep all my items in stock for several reasons - the main one being space as I live in a granny flat. Also, movement of certain items is next to impossible unless some-one specifically requests me to make a listing for them. However, all my listings clearly state whether the item is in stock or needs to be ordered. I asked bought an HTML listing from Mellowred that really helped to highlight the delivery time so hopefully it's clear to all people. I feel that if a buyer reads the listing & decides he/she is happy to wait, then there's no problem. If you check my feedback, people seem generally happy with this. I do try to keep at least 1 of each item in stock, but it's not always possible..

So do you dropship?

kebs    10
kebs

I don't in the strictest sense - I have all items sent to me by my supplier & then post them to my buyers. This saves my buyers the unexpected custom fees which I have found impossible to determine..

farah786    10
farah786

Just received email from bob's customer support regarding my complaint about seller All ratings received by phoenix sports on bidorbuy.co.za

email refers to sellers response;

"I offered a full refund still waiting on client to respond'

Strange thing is email was sent to the seller stating "I will wait",

expecting to wait a week, as per sellers message .

Why does this seller ignore emails from me but hurriedly replied to bob with a dumb answer.

This seller is not authorised to dropship.

Is bob going to take any action here?

It's straight forward,phoenix sports has defaulted.

As admin stated in an earlier post "This seller does not have permission to drop ship, he was given a warning in this regards."