Sign in to follow this  
brands online

List of 'products' not allowed

qball
These power balance thingies are confusing - certain ones are illegal on BoB whilst others are allowed. We need Cuan or Admin to answer your question here, Raj.

Power Balance were only concerned about products displaying their branding, which they stated were not allowed to be sold on the site and that they were counterfeit/fake. They did not mention or want us to act on any "imitation" products that did not carry their branding/logo's etc.

There seem to be many "look a likes"/"imitations", but these appear to be similar in design only. There also seem to be other companies that manufacture these items now and carry different branding and logo's. i think the only other complaint we have received is from XB, who also claim the items being sold on the site are fake, but we are still trying to get confirmation on this as they are based in Brazil.

At the moment, we only prohibit Power Balance from being listed.

cainos125

omw

I think Cuan has answered the question 4 times now.

If you still dont understand just list the product and wait for someone to complian :P

RISadler
That would depend on whether the products in question carry the LEGO logo or trademark. If the product doesn't carry it, then it's not an infringement of trademark.

Wrong. :ninja:

ZoneMan

I reckon the simple rule should be that only ORIGINAL products should be sold. Cheap knock-offs should be reported AND BoB should assist the friendly folks at SAPS/Custom with their investigation.

It is illegally to deal in counterfeit products, and the fact that BoB facilitates the transaction and takes a commission on the sale makes them part of these illegal transaction. Not actively combating the sale of counterfeit products means that BoB tacitly agrees to these transactions.

Seller should not be allowed the dodge direct questions (rude or polite) or be able to delete questions. If a question is malicious, answer it honestly and other buyers would be able to make up their minds on the seller's integrity (and the buyer posting the question).

It would be a pity if BoB should become a dumping ground for drop shipped counterfeit product - there are several Asian site for that already!

JPBon
I reckon the simple rule should be that only ORIGINAL products should be sold. Cheap knock-offs should be reported AND BoB should assist the friendly folks at SAPS/Custom with their investigation.

It is illegally to deal in counterfeit products, and the fact that BoB facilitates the transaction and takes a commission on the sale makes them part of these illegal transaction. Not actively combating the sale of counterfeit products means that BoB tacitly agrees to these transactions.

Seller should not be allowed the dodge direct questions (rude or polite) or be able to delete questions. If a question is malicious, answer it honestly and other buyers would be able to make up their minds on the seller's integrity (and the buyer posting the question).

It would be a pity if BoB should become a dumping ground for drop shipped counterfeit product - there are several Asian site for that already!

Not all items are counterfeit, because things look similar does not mean they are counterfeit. Counterfeit products are those which claim to be the "brand" and are not. Point in case you get many different brands of TVs or Cellphones these are not counterfeit they are just different brands. Counterfeit would only be some Knockoff with the brandname of the genuine product. In the case of the Powerbalance bracelets the company was only concerned that the products sold with their name on were not their genuine article.

I think many people are confused as to what counterfeit actually means.

qball

I'm afraid we have to disagree with your assessment of the situation. Please refer to our terms of use which all users agree to. They are legally responsible for the items they list - you have to ensure the products you sell are legal, legitimate and authentic. bidorbuy does actively monitor the site and responds to complaints and issues regarding counterfeit products, and do assist the authorities with any investigation, evidence etc. We have established relationships with organisations such as RISA, SAFACT, FPB, copyright and trademark attorneys, Adobe, Microsoft etc., just to name a few. bidorbuy does not encourage nor condone counterfeit products being sold on the site, if you see such items please feel free to report it to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za. Please also bear in mind we cannot monitor 500 000 listings daily, just as eBay and other sites cannot either. It is also physically impossible to tell from a listing that an item is counterfeit, again, there are logistical, geographical, financial and legal issues that make this nearly impossible.

There is also a distinct difference between trade mark and copyright infringement, and it is also up to the copyright holder and trademark/brand holder to enforce and protect their IP, copyright and trademarks.

We will continue to be committed to ensuring the site is safe in this regard.

Kind regards

Cuan

ZoneMan

When I say COUNTERFEIT, I mean COUNTERFEIT.

The the china copy products I refer to, is mostly found misleading listings. When seller are asked about these, they should be direct with their responds and not vague. Some of the cellphones sold as B9700tv has the Blackberry logo on it - that is deceitful and intended to mislead by the knock off manufacturer. Sell these by all mean but have some decency and state that it is not a branded product.

RISadler
Not all items are counterfeit, because things look similar does not mean they are counterfeit.

Wrong. Such items are indeed counterfeit and an infringment of copyright.

I think many people are confused as to what counterfeit actually means.

You got that right, all right.