Sign in to follow this  
brands online

List of 'products' not allowed

brands online    10
brands online

Hi All,

BOB's standard terms and conditions have a list of items forbidden on the site. But there's a few new ones that now can't be sold on the site for various reasons. I know of these. Please feel free to add to the list if there are any others.

1. GHD's

2. Power Balance

3. Extreme Ratio products (Combat knives)

gunsports    10
gunsports

Now this is really nice...I've just bought and paid for an Extreme Ratio knife which, after Googling the product, have a good idea it is a fake.

jphotography    10
jphotography

This will work where can one get such a list?

brands online    10
brands online
This will work where can one get such a list?

Listing Policy

This is the official BOB one. I just thought we needed one with a few more specific items that are now not allowed to be sold on BOB...:wondering:

mrpawnbrokers    10
mrpawnbrokers

Products not allowed

Hi all.

What a suprise. I recently purchase Power Balance bands on Bid or Buy. I was quite happy with the product and I decided to order more of these products to resell. Well , we all know what happened next....

COMUNITY WATCH WARNING AS WELL AS PRODUCT REMOVED!

Gee wizz guys, I would immagine that a list of prohibited articles would have been easily and readily available to all sellers.

It todays economic times, wasting money on stock that is prohibited..........Who knows, mabe make a list available that is reasonably easy to find.

Well, just a thought, afterall, I presume that we the sellers are of some sort of importance to Bid or Buy ?????

Warm regards to all and a wonderfull feastive season !!!!!

:confused:

qball    10
qball
Hi all.

What a suprise. I recently purchase Power Balance bands on Bid or Buy. I was quite happy with the product and I decided to order more of these products to resell. Well , we all know what happened next....

COMUNITY WATCH WARNING AS WELL AS PRODUCT REMOVED!

Gee wizz guys, I would immagine that a list of prohibited articles would have been easily and readily available to all sellers.

It todays economic times, wasting money on stock that is prohibited..........Who knows, mabe make a list available that is reasonably easy to find.

Well, just a thought, afterall, I presume that we the sellers are of some sort of importance to Bid or Buy ?????

Warm regards to all and a wonderfull feastive season !!!!!

:confused:

Unfortunately we cannot manage or monitor such a list, due to the fact that there are so many items that would be included on that list, we would be talking about millions of individual items, for example - pharmaceuticals, weapons, chemicals, endangered wildlife, items with copyrights and trademarks where one person or company owns the sole rights to sell and distribute such products. To create and manage such a list is impossible. It is the seller's responsibility to ensure the items they sell are genuine, authentic, legitimate and that they have the necessary rights or approval to sell them.

Thank you

Cuan

brands online    10
brands online
Unfortunately we cannot manage or monitor such a list, due to the fact that there are so many items that would be included on that list, we would be talking about millions of individual items, for example - pharmaceuticals, weapons, chemicals, endangered wildlife, items with copyrights and trademarks where one person or company owns the sole rights to sell and distribute such products. To create and manage such a list is impossible. It is the seller's responsibility to ensure the items they sell are genuine, authentic, legitimate and that they have the necessary rights or approval to sell them.

Thank you

Cuan

Hi Cuan,

Do understand what you're saying. However, there are some specific products like those below, where Bid or Buy has received communication from the companies involved, I presume. Those are the ones being referred to with this list idea.

qball    10
qball

Understandable, however, due to the magnitude of these issues, we have highlighted these, but to create an ongoing list and to maintain it would be unmanageable. Again, as a seller it's your duty and responsibility to ensure you can sell these items, particularly where exclusive distribution rights and copyright/trademark is concerned. We are contacted by many companies, individuals, government agencies, attorney's etc, all with a range of issues, to highlight all these issues, no matter how small is a cumbersome and time consuming exercise.

RISadler    10
RISadler
... as a seller it's your duty and responsibility to ensure you can sell these items, particularly where exclusive distribution rights and copyright/trademark is concerned.

Erm, qball, without a list, how are we supposed to know we are not allowed to sell a specific item on BoB?

qball    10
qball

Please see response above... :idea: or ask us?:grin:

RISadler    10
RISadler

Problem is, qball, what the heck is an "extreme ratio" product?

And what about all the illegal LEGO-like blocks for sale?

admin    0
admin

If you ask me, RISadler, Bennet explained that very clearly :whistling: if you don't ask me, I still think he did :razz:

Hi All,

Please be advised that we have just received official notification from Extrema Ratio Italy that no Extrema products are allowed to be sold on bidorbuy in lieu of Trademark infringement.

The power of attorney is only valid for 1 year from today 18/11/2010.

PS. For those who do not know , Extrema Ratio products are combat knives :smile:

RISadler    10
RISadler

Ah, so it is a brand of knives... like PUMA, Victorinox and Ka-Bar.

But what if I have a genuine Extrema Ratio knife that I wish to sell? (Not that I do, but just suppose so, for the sake of argument.)

admin    0
admin

Extrema Ratio Italy has trademark exclusivity until 18/11/2011, so you can list your hypothetical Extrema Ratio combat knife on 19/11/2011 :biggrin:

RISadler    10
RISadler

Huh? So nobody is allowed to sell Extrema Ratio knives until 19/11/2011? Are they giving them away then, or what?

admin    0
admin

In all probability they would renew the trademark rights, unless off course the demand for them is not worth manufacturing them anymore by that time, so hang on to your hypothetical knife, it might be worth lots in a years time :idea:

brands online    10
brands online
In all probability they would renew the trademark rights, unless off course the demand for them is not worth manufacturing them anymore by that time, so hang on to your hypothetical knife, it might be worth lots in a years time :idea:

Hmmm, I wonder if hanging on to your "power band" will hypothetically also be worth lots, once proven to be the biggest con of the century....:wondering:

RISadler    10
RISadler

admin, no offense meant, but do you actually understand the situation/letter?

admin    0
admin
admin, no offense meant, but do you actually understand the situation/letter?

Nope, but I am sure you will explain it to me in detail :awesome:

RISadler    10
RISadler

Sure, my rates are R350 per hour, with a two hour minimum plus expenses.

qball    10
qball

Let's stick to the topic gentlemen... thank you.

RISadler    10
RISadler

OK, then how about all the LEGO'ish products that are in clear violation of The LEGO Company's copyright?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

These power balance thingies are confusing - certain ones are illegal on BoB whilst others are allowed. We need Cuan or Admin to answer your question here, Raj.

brands online    10
brands online
OK, then how about all the LEGO'ish products that are in clear violation of The LEGO Company's copyright?

That would depend on whether the products in question carry the LEGO logo or trademark. If the product doesn't carry it, then it's not an infringement of trademark.