Sign in to follow this  
betterLife

There is 8000 characters or less restriction on the item-description, why?

There is 8000 characters or less restriction on the item-description, why?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. There is 8000 characters or less restriction on the item-description, why?

• Yes I agree - 'no limit'
    • No I don't agree - 'need limit'

betterLife    10
betterLife

Hi,

:evil: I cannot understand why you have that regulation. It is too much short to use html for decorating pages.

BoB has any plan to enhance number of the limit or remove the regulation?

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

Suggest you contact this forum user...

View Profile: mellowred - bidorbuy.co.za Forum

since most other sellers manage it completely easily, no real reason why you should not be able to do it? Mellowred was selling help on this matter some time back - you may be able to get some assistance?

Good luck

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe

I am sure there is a reason for the limit, some seller could get out of hand with adding to much. I am almost sure if you were to put in so much on one item no one will read it all.

Just my opinion :cool:

retailrush    10
retailrush

I agree BB, not everyone has endless bandwith with which to download fancy listings... Having said that, I am technically challenged and what I said may be nonsense!... But it sounds intelligent so it must be... :cool:

qball    10
qball

Many sites do not even allow HTML in their listing descriptions. Creating a bigger allocation increasing this will affect performance of the site, thus we feel that 8000 is more than sufficient and have no plans in the near future to. Plus in a country such as SA bandwidth costs are still high so this ultimately will affect the buyers pocket and may deter them from purchasing online due to the costs of going online, particularly when inexperienced sellers load stacks of html, images and other code that will cause the page to load more slowly. Never mind the issues it will cause for mobile browsing.

So unfortunately we will not be increasing the current limit. :bigsmile:

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels
Hi,

:evil: I cannot understand why you have that regulation. It is too much short to use html for decorating pages.

BoB has any plan to enhance number of the limit or remove the regulation?

I also did not like this in the beginning untill i found that if you convert your ads and pictures into pictures you will battle, now i just convert, convert, convert and it works beautifully especially with large auctions like my reborn dolls, there i say alot and want the buyer to know everything, so it does not matter any more as i am now A-Okay!:cool:

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe
I agree BB, not everyone has endless bandwith with which to download fancy listings... Having said that, I am technically challenged and what I said may be nonsense!... But it sounds intelligent so it must be... :cool:

You and me both, I some time go more huh? than any thing ells. But it all sounds great. No clue what bandwith is :weird:

As long as can load, sell and buy I am happy :bigsmile: Leave the rest up to the big guys. :rolleyes:

betterLife    10
betterLife

The opinions absolutely half and half. Anyway... 'qball' ~ Are you a staff of BoB? Nice to meet you. But I don't agree with you. Because, 8000 characters equal to the size of 8KB. 8KB is a size of very small image. As many replyers advised "Why don't you convert the text to images?", many sellers make their description as image files. So did I.

The subject of this thread is "increase text reduce images" not "increase data".

I am sure that ... if you remove the restriction then you and many BoB users can enjoy the fast loading pages.

qball    10
qball

Welcome to the forum, yes, I am employed by bidorbuy. As previously stated above there are no plans to increase the limit. Sorry... :sad2:

Thanks again for your posts.

Kind regards

Cuan