Sign in to follow this  
BumbleBee

Serious flaw in the rating system

BumbleBee

Now if this is not rating abuse then I don't know what is.....

Thermometers - The Amazing New Thermometer Dummy !!! was sold for R35.00 on 28 Mar at 23:01 by BumbleBee in Tzaneen (ID:20421082)

Buyer wins auction on 28 March 2010 but never completes the checkout, SNC cannot be filed because the sale was not "completed".

I supply the buyer with this negative rating on 6 April 2010 after no response:

no word from buyer, purchase not completed and no payment received

now I get this negative rating from the buyer on 17 November 2010, yes folks, thats almost 8 months after I gave this buyer a negative for non payment

Requested speed services before I went away, Received no reply on my email.

:wtf:

Come on BoB, what the heck is this all about?

Edited by BumbleBee

BumbleBabe

This is just not right :disgusted:

kebs

I thought there was a limited time period to leave feedback?

brands online

I don't understand. What do you mean SNC cannot be filed? We file SNC's regularly against buyers who don't complete checkout... Am I missing something?:unsure:

BumbleBabe

He says he did not have the option to do a SNC back then.

BumbleBee

Shucks, I can't remember if I could file one back then or not, but I am pretty sure that if I could have I would have, and yes Kebs, I was also under the impression that there was a time limit as I wanted to give a seller feedback on an order I placed in August but I couldn't.

Seriously confused .... :confused:

BoB, please.....do something about this revenge rating? :sad:

DestinysAngels

Rating = 1 Year, but an SNC is only applicable for about 3 Months, if you have not filed one the the time phrame, you will not be able to, but will be able to change or rate someone for 1 Year, i found that out whilst doing my check-ups a couple of months ago! Now the only thing to do is to contact hello@bidorbuy.co.za and explain the situation and i am sure if it is revenge then it will be rectified!:cool:

BumbleBee

I honestly can't say why I didn't file an snc for this order :confused:

I'm sorry but emailing BoB about having revenge ratings removed has proved pointless, if you look at my profile you will see that I have a few and asked BoB to remove them. They said they removed the first 2 from ernest7119 but they are still there in all their glory, I argued that I can still see them but they insisted that they were gone...end of story. The others were just ignored, I emailed BoB many times and received no response, nada, zip, boggerol. This is why I am appealing to BidorBuy to remove these ratings right here on the forum.

Edited by BumbleBee

DestinysAngels

I'm sorry but emailing BoB about having revenge ratings removed has proved pointless, if you look at my profile you will see that I have a few and asked BoB to remove them. They said they removed the first 2 from ernest7119 but they are still there in all their glory, I argued that I can still see them but they insisted that they were gone...end of story. The others were just ignored, I emailed BoB many times and received no response, nada, zip, boggerol. This is why I am appealing to BidorBuy to remove these ratings right here on the forum.

:shock:You are giving up and that's not the way to go, i am very persistant and if i were done wrong i fix it or at least i try. Give them a call, i know they will help you, just try and at least your mind will be at ease!

brands online

I'm sorry but emailing BoB about having revenge ratings removed has proved pointless, if you look at my profile you will see that I have a few and asked BoB to remove them. They said they removed the first 2 from ernest7119 but they are still there in all their glory, I argued that I can still see them but they insisted that they were gone...end of story. The others were just igning ored, I emailed BoB many times and received no response, nada, zip, boggerol. This is why I am appealing to BidorBuy to remove these ratings right here on the forum.

I've had a few removed but am also waiting on a reply to one or two...

miraclebabycaw

that is so frustrating. I can't believe someone will come 8 months later and leave a -ve, but ja some people are just plain perverse. I have one woman who won an auction for a surprise barbie, asked me for one specific barbie which I could not give, and told her before posting that I could not guarantee which she would get as they were already wrapped and as per the auction it was a surprise. She receives the doll, is not happy becasue she says she alreadty has this doll and wanted another one. I again state that I could not guarantee and no longer have any of the ones she wanted (all barbies were sold), so offfer her her money back if she returns the item. She now refuses to leave a rating, but of course also worries me that she will go ahead and leave a negative when she feels like it. Wish there was a better rating system. Hope u get it sorted soon

ClickandShip

You did not file a SNC because it was a weekend special and the option was not available as no Success fees were paid to start with. (^^,)

BumbleBee

OK, well that explains it all. BoB has left weekend specials wide open for sellers to get nailed by buyers! Thanks BoB, much appreciated :hm:

SEWINGMACHINELADY

hi there. I have about 50 happy buyers who didn't know how to rate me/ or forgot, and now when they wanted to rate me, less than one year later, there is nowhere to rate me. ussually i tell them to look in My bidorbuy -under Buying- and then in red letters it should say _ Recent Sellers requiring rating. and they say there is nothing there. danica

MrAerospace
hi there. I have about 50 happy buyers who didn't know how to rate me/ or forgot, and now when they wanted to rate me, less than one year later, there is nowhere to rate me. ussually i tell them to look in My bidorbuy -under Buying- and then in red letters it should say _ Recent Sellers requiring rating. and they say there is nothing there. danica

Hi Danica. So glad to see you posting on the forum! Please keep at it!

voldermort

Recent sellers/buyers requiring ratings only lasts I think for one month.........after that period of time you would have to type in the buyer/sellers name on your Bid or Buy page and rate from there, however remember that after (again I think) one year your ability to rate that particular person falls away.

Good to see you on here again.

Edited by voldermort

qball

They need to search for the orders in their All Items Bought or Won area (select the date range, no longer than 3 months at a time). Once they have found the order, there is an option to rate the user for the transaction.