Sign in to follow this  
Miss Jewels

Why , oh why is false advertising necessary?

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

I've noticed the horrible tendancy of false advertising to enrich oneself with the maximum income with no feelings towards the unsuspecting buyer.

There is one specific seller who advertising her rings as Lab Diamonds when in fact a few of us know that these are in fact purely cubic zirconia. A lab diamond is an authentic diamond, as previously pointed out by Lukenes and cannot be compared to a cz. I hate misleading buyers into purchasing something which is not and would rather list my auctions with true facts and receive a lower income, but knowing I've been honest. Is there no way that action can be taken against these blatantly misleading descriptions and sellers? She's a verified seller so there's no excuse!

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

I agree wholeheartedly with you. It gives Bob a bad name and besides who would want to be taken for a ride a second time.

I want my buyers to receive exactly what they paid for and if they are not happy I am willing to refund.

Afterall we are earning a living here and to disappoint a buyer is like"Biting the hand that feeds you"

brands online    10
brands online
I've noticed the horrible tendancy of false advertising to enrich oneself with the maximum income with no feelings towards the unsuspecting buyer.

There is one specific seller who advertising her rings as Lab Diamonds when in fact a few of us know that these are in fact purely cubic zirconia. A lab diamond is an authentic diamond, as previously pointed out by Lukenes and cannot be compared to a cz. I hate misleading buyers into purchasing something which is not and would rather list my auctions with true facts and receive a lower income, but knowing I've been honest. Is there no way that action can be taken against these blatantly misleading descriptions and sellers? She's a verified seller so there's no excuse!

I think that would fall into the category of other suspicious or abusive behaviour. report it to community watch

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

Hi Brands. Have done, but BoB's needs the actual proof. Buyer needs to have their ring tested, get a report that it's only a cz and submit it to them. Only then can they take the appropriate action. Unfortunately I don't think I can mention the sellers' name so that buyers can read this forum and know what to do. According to Bertus the buyers can then have their money reinbursed and the sellers auctions will be removed.

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

An so she continues to advertise her rings as lab diamonds......she sold 2 at over R700.00 yesterday! I contacted BoB a while ago and spoke to Bertus about this and have also contacted community watch. To date, she is still falsely advertising. Now I wonder if I shouldn't just mention the sellers' name? Mmmmm....on second thoughts, maybe not. Don't want to get kicked off the forum. Please, we don't need these type of sellers on BoB. We need to keep up our good name guys.

I think that would fall into the category of other suspicious or abusive behaviour. report it to community watch

RAJRULES1    10
RAJRULES1

Why not just ask the seller if it is cz? It is easy to deceive by false advertising, but hard to lie in writing.

Angolo Antico    10
Angolo Antico
Why not just ask the seller if it is cz? It is easy to deceive by false advertising, but hard to lie in writing.

I myself buy from the SAME supplier and as the supplier advertises the stones as CZ, we market them as CZ, not Lab Diamond, the seller in question KNOWS what she is buying and selling, so there is no excuses for her actions, there are more than 4 sellers on BOB including myself who buy from the same supplier, same rings and we advertise them as CZ, who is she to extort money from buyers with false advertising, this must be stopped.

How about I advertise a lab diamond as the genuine thing? Would that be OK? ( sarcasm intended! ) point is if you buy a CZ, sell it as a CZ, if you buy a ring marketed as solid gold with genuine diamonds for $20.00 from your supplier, then you should use your common sense to know that it is IMPOSSIBLE to buy a solid gold diamond ring for $20.00 and that it is only a plated ring with CZ stones.

A while back I reported a different seller ( eventually now blacklisted ) that did the exact same thing above, bought fashion rings for $10.00 and sold them on BOB as the genuine thing, well the wheel turns and I can only hope that her wheel turns at 10000rpm to hit her like a missile. She made off with about R30,000.00+ on about R1000.00 worth of fashion jewellery.

Only my 2 cents worth on false advertising

Angolo Antico    10
Angolo Antico

After posting on this thread, guess what, I get reported via community watch, how pathetic.

“this seller is making slanderous remark about us in the forum”

You clearly did not read my post as YOU would of noticed that I did not mention YOUR NAME or USERNAME on the forum, so how can a general statement be slanderous to YOU ONLY ? Why not reply to this forum in public? Would only be beneficial to yourself.

“yet this seller that is throwing stone but there listing they are have very misleading listing stating that the ring advertised is 9ct gold”

Yet again you have not read our auction correctly ( to fast with your mouth or should I say keyboard ) you will notice that we advertise our fashion rings as 18ct GP or 18ct Gold Finish, as with many other products on the market, they are marketed as being finished with one or another material, same applies here, the rings are gold plated / with a gold finish, NOWHERE in our listing we try to market / sell / misinform our clients to the value of the rings / or trying to sell them as solid gold.

Unlike you, we do not answer questions regarding our fashion rings to state the retail price is R1500.00 for a R35.00 ring, THAT can be seen as fraud

“but i wish people will just mind there own business”

Since Bid or Buy has the facility to report buyers and sellers alike for committing any type of misconduct / fraud, we will continue reporting users who we believe is at fault. It only helps make BOB a better and safer place to trade on.

AGAIN, I urge you, reply to this forum thread to clear your name / apologise to your buyers or whatever the case may be, but hiding behind community watch emails is not giving you any credit whatsoever and makes things look more suspicious for yourself.

The original email from Community watch :

“Dear Community watch. this seller is making slanderous remark about us in the forum for using the term 'lab diamond' yet this seller that is throwing stone but there listing they are have very misleading listing stating that the ring advertised is 9ct gold - which will be read as "solid gold" and is not true. In our case we state exactly in our listing what the ring consist of. I would appreciate it if you could ask this seller to refrain from slandering us as my purpose is not to do buyers in unlike this listing clearly saying the ring is 9ct solid gold which it is not. If it is i apologize but i wish people will just mind there own business”

JPBon    10
JPBon

At the rate some people can mislead via their adverts, Im surprised bob hasnt said ok no Jewellery allowed any more without a valuation certificate.

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

I agree. I list all my costume jewelery items under "other rings" as I feel this is the correct option, but others will advertise theirs under gold/silver, etc for maximum exposure. Please take note I am not mentioning names but speaking in general. You do not walk into a jewelers shop to buy a "lucky packet" and find in beween the gold and diamond range. I think the same should apply here. If the seller cannot be honest about this, rather do not advertise. Most of the sellers do advertise their items correctly, and this is the reason they uphold their good name!

At the rate some people can mislead via their adverts, Im surprised bob hasnt said ok no Jewellery allowed any more without a valuation certificate.

mellowred    10
mellowred
After posting on this thread, guess what, I get reported via community watch, how pathetic.

“this seller is making slanderous remark about us in the forum”

You clearly did not read my post as YOU would of noticed that I did not mention YOUR NAME or USERNAME on the forum, so how can a general statement be slanderous to YOU ONLY ? Why not reply to this forum in public? Would only be beneficial to yourself.

Obviously this seller reads the forum and as no names are mentioned let's just say if the cap fits wear it. It can't be a guilty conscience because this seller (I use that word loosely) continues doing what she is doing (and has been doing it since I arrived on the forum 18 months ago).

All I can say is shame on you seller. And always keep in mind - what comes around goes around - the wheel turns slowly sometimes, but it does turn.

@ MK Jewels, please don't encourage this seller to respond. I believe she is illiterate - read her previous one word responses.

qball    11
qball

Please do not get personal or attack other users. Thread will be closed if this continues.

Thank you.

mellowred    10
mellowred

I have just received a "question" on my one and only buy now item. This is from someone who assumes I am referring to him and his wife on the forum. As this person does not sell gold or jewellery, I am very confused.

To me this is abuse. Why ask a question on my item in retaliation to a post I made on the forum - which in my opinion has nothing at all to do with the seller who contacted me. Strange things are going on here and I don't like it.

qball    11
qball

As I said, this is becoming personal and the thread will now be locked.