Sign in to follow this  
AManAPlan

blocking sellers?

AManAPlan    10
AManAPlan

As a Seller on Bob you have the ability to block buyers. Is there a way to block Sellers?

Ok, so now youre thinking WHY?

It could be that I bought from a specific seller previously and had a negative experience (DK comes to mind) and therefore have no interest in seeing any of that sellers products ever again, but a product search or Ending Soon list will contain pages and pages of items from the seller. Very irritating.

So, does anyone know of a way to block a seller's items from showing?

Edited by AManAPlan
syntax

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe
As a Seller on Bob you have the ability to block buyers. Is there a way to block Sellers?

Ok, so now youre thinking WHY?

It could be that I bought from a specific seller previously and had a negative experience (DK comes to mind) and therefore have no interest in seeing any of that sellers products ever again, but a product search or Ending Soon list will contain pages and pages of items from the seller. Very irritating.

So, does anyone know of a way to block a seller's items from showing?

I am sure there is no such thing, but totally agree with you. I have a few seller I would love to never see again. Its a wast of my time to search through their stuff and very annoying. I would agree that we need such a button. Even if you have not brought from them, but you are just not interested.

How about it admin?

kyle2    10
kyle2

Hey, thats a great idea.

I can think of someone in Whiteriver I never want to deal with ever again or even see any crappy tanzanites offered even if she keeps changing her seller name.

(PS I did not mention any names!)

It would be a pleasure not to see the same old stock photo's over and over again of misrepresented stones.:sick:

I for one would gladly use such a feature and I'm very sure others would too.

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

kyle you make me laugh, hahahaha.

Hey, thats a great idea.

I can think of someone in Whiteriver I never want to deal with ever again or even see any crappy tanzanites offered even if she keeps changing her seller name.

(PS I did not mention any names!)

It would be a pleasure not to see the same old stock photo's over and over again of misrepresented stones.:sick:

I for one would gladly use such a feature and I'm very sure others would too.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

A new tack to this thread...

Okie Dokey - what about a search facility for items that allows us to sort by SELLER?

So where one sees:

Sort by Default |
|
|
|

One would then see:

Sort by Default |
|
|
|
|
Seller

That could at least help a little bit...
;)

Please?:confused:

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe
A new tack to this thread...

Okie Dokey - what about a search facility for items that allows us to sort by SELLER?

So where one sees:

Sort by Default |
|
|
|

One would then see:

Sort by Default |
|
|
|
|
Seller

That could at least help a little bit...
;)

Please?:confused:

Looks good, but limits you. We want to see lots without some of the "not so good" sellers.

If we want to block them its their own fault why punish us for not wanting to be bothered by their crap.

I would really like to know why some sellers get away with murder and get forced down our throats?????? I really dont care if you block me from the forum any more. There are lots of people who would like to see only sellers from South Africa and now also block some others. I really dont think it could be that difficult if you have a look at what BOB has done so far. Some brilliant changes and additions, why not this as well??

How about an answer admin???

Sorry in advance I am getting peed off with seeing a seller in one section that I will not buy from and he covers all the rest that I would like to buy from.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

MsPlod, I admire your veracity and tenaciousness! (Now we will have folk reaching for their English dictionaries ...!) :smile:

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

there is a facility that you could search for only sellers by typin the sellers name in and seeing what he/she has for sale

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe
there is a facility that you could search for only sellers by typin the sellers name in and seeing what he/she has for sale

That limits you again, you will mis out on what others have for sale. And usually I as a buyer only search in a few categories.

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

Well I search on the R1.00 Auctions to see what I can get for my store at a bargain price. I am starting up again this december.

jphotography    10
jphotography

I also like the idea of blocking sellers, also I would like to see in the searching block south africa only. You can browse outside SA and you can browse all other areas, but you cannot search the whole of SA only

babyface2    10
babyface2

it would be lovely to block sellers as it is very tiring to go through pages and pages of the same junk that certain sellers list and then you miss the really nice items hidden between the junk

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe
I also like the idea of blocking sellers, also I would like to see in the searching block south africa only. You can browse outside SA and you can browse all other areas, but you cannot search the whole of SA only

This is what I have been asking since I started on the forum.

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe
it would be lovely to block sellers as it is very tiring to go through pages and pages of the same junk that certain sellers list and then you miss the really nice items hidden between the junk

So true

flysouth    10
flysouth

what a great idea, blocking sellers that you dont wish to deal with ever again, or those you dont even consider buying from in the first place, cos their shipping and combining charges are ridiculous, so why waste time looking through pages of listings.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

Wonder whether this is all just a pipe-dream or whether the techie boffs are not able to activate something like this? Maybe it isn't actually possible to do?

But was reminded about it just now because a friend said she wants a ruby for a wedding anniversary ring (for her husband). Opened up the trusty BoB search facility and plugged in "ruby" and the category "gemstones and rocks". To add a little structure - I sorted by

Well, there you have it - over 1,200 gems covering reams of pages mostly filled with stock photos and occasionally interspersed with the odd "real photo" of a gem about which the (other) non flood-the-market-with-stock-photo-sellers make comments about the fact that the photo may, or may not, do the actual item justice. At least we can see something about the item if it is not a stock photo.

Now, I am NOT knocking those sellers (of gems or anything else) who use stock photos so PLEASE let this not go THAT route of debate.

What I am saying is that I choose to be able to see photos of the ACTUAL gem which I want to buy. There are many reasons for this.

Please, if it IS possible to achieve with computer programming - may we have a search facility to be able to exclude those sellers (at least for a single browsing session) whose items we are DEFINITELY NOT going to buy.

PLEASE? I gave up looking for a ruby...

mellowred    10
mellowred

The same question was asked some time ago and QBall's response was something to the effect that sellers would feel cheated if this blocking facility were instituted.

Perhaps QBall can comment on that or Admin can find the post. I tried but am too lazy this time of the evening.

AManAPlan    10
AManAPlan

Anything yet?

Come on Bob. How bout a response?

Are you looking into this? Not an option? Working on it for Christmas?:confused:

qball    10
qball

Unfortunately there are no immediate plans to offer this, we will be "toying" with the idea going forward, however, I cannot give you a definitive time line or make any promises in this regard. In the mean time, you can use the Advanced Search functionality, to search for a specific seller or bookmark a particular seller's selling profile if you are interested in their items. That is unfortunately the best we can do for now.

Thanks

Cuan