Sign in to follow this  
RISadler

Postcards & Photographs of the Cape Colony...

RISadler

I am looking for postcards, photographs and other imagery depicting stuff in the Cape Colony (and the later Cape Province).

At the moment I am urgently seeking items relating to Cape Town during the period 1870 to 1880.

If you do not wish to sell, then I'll appreciate a good quality scan of the item.

wayjen

I might have some articles but on the top of my head I have a "book" on the Board Of Executors" from 1838 - 1988 with the story and pictures in it as my family were involved with it in a small way.

Cali Craft and Gems

Hi

We have stacks of slides of various topics / places if you are interested (my late Grandfather's collection). Mostly from the late 1960's to early 1980's - Europe, Pretoria / Transvaal, etc. Not sure if there are any Cape pics as we literally "flew" through the slides recently to sift out family pics.

Kind regards,

Janet - CCG

lilythepink
I might have some articles but on the top of my head I have a "book" on the Board Of Executors" from 1838 - 1988 with the story and pictures in it as my family were involved with it in a small way.

Now, that is interesting! I worked for BOE during the early 1980's, doing income tax consulting!

wayjen
Now, that is interesting! I worked for BOE during the early 1980's, doing income tax consulting!

The Lawyer involved with the group you started the BOE was family this book shows his seal that he used on the document. I have also recently discovered that the same family (well my grandparents) were very good friends with C.J.Langenhovens family and used to tour with them.

RISadler

Board Of Executors = Plank van Laksmanne ?

RISadler
We have stacks of slides of various topics / places if you are interested (my late Grandfather's collection). Mostly from the late 1960's to early 1980's - Europe, Pretoria / Transvaal, etc. Not sure if there are any Cape pics as we literally "flew" through the slides recently to sift out family pics.

Yes, even on loan/hire would be great.

kyle2
Board Of Executors = Plank van Laksmanne ?

Wah haaa ha ah aha oh dear.

:nuts:

Cali Craft and Gems
Yes, even on loan/hire would be great.

My Mom wants to sell them but we have no idea on value. I'll get her to count out roughly how many there are so you can make her an offer. (transaction will go through her username - The Alley Cat)

wayjen

Janet, I was in a "book shop" yesterday and for some reason an old church book in afrikaans caught my eye and i grabbed it and started paging through it. Low and behold I find a picture of my great great Grandfather. I phoned my Nana and told her and it lifted her spirits to hear about this find so I am giving her the book next I see her. We have a long history I believe in the Cape and I will speak to her again regarding their connection with C.J. Langenhoven's family and the SABC and Prof. Chris Barnard.

I have attached a picture of my Great Great Grandfather.

chesbook23..jpg.8df7c9dfc3335328ed3549660c6956aa.jpg

Little Miss Muffet

Perhaps this will interest you.There are about 36 prints.Some more pictures underneath.It was 2/6d

It was always so easy to load photo's now it has been made complicated--technically too advanced for old ducks like me

IMG_7759..jpg.f942047d1442a46298e510aa701f03c4.jpg

IMG_7761..jpg.8cfda31aee4013ba2d250c50a8ce7767.jpg

Edited by geewhizz

Little Miss Muffet

More pictures

IMG_7760..jpg.0a2b23291f6fbca3cdabe9b1b0cb3ceb.jpg

IMG_7763..jpg.5e92f823dc5e9cdade85dbf8d41de38c.jpg