Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

Can't get hold of seller

Guest Guest

This might sound weird, but for the first time on BoB I can't get hold of a seller to finalise a transaction. I bought **MASSIVE** ESTEE LAUDER COLOR COLLECTION PROFFESIONAL MAKEUP http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/item/Item.jsp?Trade_TradeId=28432508 last night for my wife from seller BeDazzling (20 rating1.gif). I enquired on one of the bids if I could please pay for speed services and he did not reply. After the auction I send another two emails asking for the costs and if he could please send via speed services as this is a gift that I need by next week, still no reply and there is no contact details. Now I don't want to transfer the funds untill he has replied but I don't want this guy to rate me negative because of not completing the transaction but how can you complete something if he refuses to contact you.

What is the best option in a case like this? :unsure:

DestinysAngels

:blink:Don't pay, if it pins out to be a scam he will rate you negative but you just state your case to BOB and they will surely assist you guaranteed. I would rather be safe than sorry, he sold a lot of stuff and at huge amounts, i hope he is for real and he is pretty new here too!

Guest Guest
:blink:Don't pay, if it pins out to be a scam he will rate you negative but you just state your case to BOB and they will surely assist you guaranteed. I would rather be safe than sorry, he sold a lot of stuff and at huge amounts, i hope he is for real and he is pretty new here too!

Hi there DA, you are right and I just noticed his ratings, a few unhappy buyers and he is this new. Also hope he is for real. Maybe he is still learning the game.

But on a lighter note, how are you doing? :smile:

DestinysAngels

:blink:Great, not complaining, i have passed my exam and busy with next years preparations. Next week i will be actively selling again as i have 2 accounts one selling Jewelery and then this one you all came to know. The other account was hubby's but he is not using it so i am now actively selling there it is called DestinysJewels. I am going to sell some lovely items on the Wednesday auctions from next week, hopefully i will get some good sales as i really need the money now for the upkeep of my dogs, i am running on water at the moment, so i am a bit worried about that!

Guest Guest

Will keep an eye out for your jewelery, who knows maybe there is something I like, even though my wife is the jewelery lover but then again all woman are :blink1:

BeDazzling

Hello,

Thank you to the person who showed me the message on the forum.

I would just like to clear my name here as i feel this 'scam' insinuation is not deserved.

I received an email earlier today from this buyer, which i have only gotten to read now as

i was out mailing parcels and getting more stock and also work durig the day, so i didnt get to replying at lunchtime.

I do not have and have not received more than one email from this buyer.

I feel that since only a few hours has passed, i do not feel that i should be considered a scam.

I do offer the method of shipping available in the listing as this is a LARGE item. I also state that it

takes 5 working days to process my orders which is stated in the listing for every buyer to read before bidding.

I only am able to mail once a week, which is why i quote this and the day i mail changes every week so i am unable to state

if its monday or friday or tuesday i mail my parcels.

If you feel you do not want to go ahead with the transaction, it is entirely up to you, however i will offer it to the buyer below or relist it.

I am not out to steal people's hard earned money, I am only trying to make some for myself, the honest way.

As for your question on my item, i am sorry i missed it, i do reply to my questions i am asked, even the ones

that state the information in the listing. I am sorry i missed yours, this was not my intention and i have nothing to hide and it was sent at 8pm at night of the auction close.

Also regarding my ratings, I received 2 negatives today for not mailing an item, however this buyer refuses to respond to my emails,and all i receive re emails asking ' where is my tracking number'

I will be asking bidorbuy for help with this as this buyer has short paid postage and not paid my cash deposit fee's as

i get charged R16.50 by standard bank for this.

I feel as a new seller this has been an experience for me, as this is the first time in my life i am accused of being a scam.

Which i am not and will happily post all my tracking numbers for every buyer who has paid on this forum.

I also do have 22 people who have not paid me and a few snc open so this does not help my ratngs either.

I am sure bidorbuy can see this to.

I feel new sellers should be given a chance, as i am know we all have to start somewhere.:smile:

Have a nice day!!

Bedazzling

YSLMAGIC

welcome to the forum Bedazzling , and to bid or buy as a seller , dont feel bad about the thread , i dont think anyone was trying to insult or offend you , i think everyone just feels free to mention their thoughts openly , and there are plenty of scammers on bob so there is a general sense of caution when it comes to new sellers........your response and effort to explain will truly be appreciated , and if not anything else i will definitely look at your items now and know that you are a genuine person and seller.......you are right about new sellers and bad buyers do make it dificult too but with a little time you will be on your way........a good thing has happened for you here though......you have been introduced to the forum very early and believe me it will be a great tool for you to progress as you go from a new seller to a top 1 :blink1: ...so from my side good luck and dont feel bad i know this wasnt an attack on you in any way but rather a thing we all just do....come here for advise and help.......

BumbleBabe

Welcome, and thank you for your reply to the forum. It may feel as if you are being attacked but for all of us it is the best tool. We have to look out for each other and we try to stop scammers before more people get harmed. No offence to you but with the replies on your ratings and the high priced items, it shoots up flags for us. The people on the forum only want to help, some or most of us have been scammed at one point and know what it feels like. The forum bobbers have stopped many scammers and it is not often that they are wrong.

All I can say is that you have done well by replying and we do appreciate the way you did so. I am also a new seller and there is lots of help here for you. If you have the time, look in every now and again and see the good work the bobbers do and the fun we have.

Good luck and do try to answer your questions as fast as possibly. It does put your buyers at ease and make things run a lot smoother. It is not easy to let go of a rather large amount of money when you dont get a reaction from the seller. By being understanding in how MediaTech reacted with good reason you could learn how to defuse the situation and prevent future negative ratings and unhappy buyers. With an open mind and good communication you can have happy and at ease buyers.

Guest Guest
Hello,

Thank you to the person who showed me the message on the forum.

I would just like to clear my name here as i feel this 'scam' insinuation is not deserved.

I received an email earlier today from this buyer, which i have only gotten to read now as

i was out mailing parcels and getting more stock and also work durig the day, so i didnt get to replying at lunchtime.

I do not have and have not received more than one email from this buyer.

I feel that since only a few hours has passed, i do not feel that i should be considered a scam.

I do offer the method of shipping available in the listing as this is a LARGE item. I also state that it

takes 5 working days to process my orders which is stated in the listing for every buyer to read before bidding.

I only am able to mail once a week, which is why i quote this and the day i mail changes every week so i am unable to state

if its monday or friday or tuesday i mail my parcels.

If you feel you do not want to go ahead with the transaction, it is entirely up to you, however i will offer it to the buyer below or relist it.

I am not out to steal people's hard earned money, I am only trying to make some for myself, the honest way.

As for your question on my item, i am sorry i missed it, i do reply to my questions i am asked, even the ones

that state the information in the listing. I am sorry i missed yours, this was not my intention and i have nothing to hide and it was sent at 8pm at night of the auction close.

Also regarding my ratings, I received 2 negatives today for not mailing an item, however this buyer refuses to respond to my emails,and all i receive re emails asking ' where is my tracking number'

I will be asking bidorbuy for help with this as this buyer has short paid postage and not paid my cash deposit fee's as

i get charged R16.50 by standard bank for this.

I feel as a new seller this has been an experience for me, as this is the first time in my life i am accused of being a scam.

Which i am not and will happily post all my tracking numbers for every buyer who has paid on this forum.

I also do have 22 people who have not paid me and a few snc open so this does not help my ratngs either.

I am sure bidorbuy can see this to.

I feel new sellers should be given a chance, as i am know we all have to start somewhere.:smile:

Have a nice day!!

Bedazzling

Dear David

Thank you for replying here on the forum and sending an email. Just one quick thing, I never accused you of being a scam. I only stated concern for not getting hold of you.

With that being said, I would like to publicly appologise if I offended you or gave the wrong idea to anyone about yourself. As BB said this is our best tool to get answers and responses when it comes to suspecting faul play. You do appear to be sincere and I trust that you will still go a distance with us here on BoB.

Again, my humblest appologies if it appeared that I was attacking or insulting you. I am happy to be wrong in this regard, and believe me I don't like to be wrong :nuts:

DestinysAngels
Will keep an eye out for your jewelery, who knows maybe there is something I like, even though my wife is the jewelery lover but then again all woman are :blink1:

Thanks MT, it is appreciated from me and my poopsies!:nuts:

Guest Guest

Hi Destiny , just becareful that BOB doesn't find out , as this coud cause a riot , as some iditios might report as one user , two usernames etc.

DestinysAngels
Hi Destiny , just becareful that BOB doesn't find out , as this coud cause a riot , as some iditios might report as one user , two usernames etc.

BOB knows, LOL, it is a verified account which they clearly verified and gave permission for and like i said it is my husbands, so no worries there!:blink: