Sign in to follow this  
Pierre_Henri

There we were - 4 against 4000 ...

Pierre_Henri

When I looked at this posting on BoB ...

Collections & Lots - 1904 DEUTCH OST AFRIKA 1/2 HELLAR: LOT OF 1 COIN for sale in Nelspruit (ID:28352861)

(Excellent seller by the way)

...I saw that he, like me - might sometimes "sukkel" with the English language!

"A lot of 1 coin"

As a soldier once said during the Anglo Boer War - "Hell, there we were against the wall -- 4 against 4000 -- but let me tell you Jan - we really "moered" those 4 Rooinekke ..."

Regards

Pierre

MsPlod

This gave me a good chuckle Pierre!

As ek nou Afrikaans heeltyd moet skryf, dan sal almal allerhande taal, spel en woordeskat foutjies van my kant af ook sien.

Guest Guest

As a soldier once said during the Anglo Boer War - "Hell, there we were against the wall -- 4 against 4000 -- but let me tell you Jan - we really "xxxx" those 4 Rooinekke ..."

Regards

Pierre

Codswallop Pierre. Real facts are: the Concentration camps they build...

PS I have to add this PS... My Dad was a 100% English gentleman, my Mother - a Weideman... So, I had a Grandpa, Granny, Ouma and an Oupa. Sadly, my great grandmother and other family members died - murdered in a Bloemfontein Concentration camp. Babies too.

During the border war during the 70'-late 80' period, we fought shoulder to shoulder for this land. Alas...

Please understand, I have no hang-ups at all. Although you surely had no ill intent, jokes like that are extremely distasteful to many. Sure there are some very funny Leon Schuster ones. Just my coin...

Edited by Edmund1000
Adding "PS"

4kids

Afrikaans is n wonderlike taal......

En dan net om te bewys dat die Pommies die oorsaak was van iets soos oortyd "Overtime"

Die seun le saam met Pa in n loopgraaf en vra aan sy pa, "Pa hoeveel manne dink jy is hier saam met ons?"

Pa antwoord, "ons is sowat dertig manskappe my seun"

Seun Vra. "En hoeveel pommies dink jy le daar agter die koppie Pa?

Pa antwoord, "Die verkenners se daar is sowat vier duisend my kind.

Seun sug moedeloss en se, "Ag Pa dit raak nou gewoonte dat ons elke aand laat by die huis kom"

Guest Guest

The truth about history

There are a few simple truths about history

You cannot change it. Without it you would not be here. History, unique to all of us, made us who we are today. You can only learn from history.

And through that learning you find a deeper essence - unique to you; embracing history and all its facets makes your reality so much more exciting.

We all benefit and grow from this reality. So even through the most "evil" of times history is an essential part of who we are.

The interpretation of history by others simply reflects this truth - from their perspective. There is no "wrong" or "right" because man is man regardless of his colour, creed or beliefs. And we are all man (no primate apart from man has the intellect to participate on internet forums such as this).

Having said that we are now in a position, largely thanks to the Internet, to share information and change history that would have been to history as it should be.

Kind regards

Scott Balson

Edited by ndoa18