Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

1 Product Many Categories?

wayjen    10
wayjen

What happens if I have a unique product that can sell under a few different categories, do I have to choose 1 category or can I list a certain amount under each one?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I think you can list it under additional categories but I also recall that there is a charge for an additional category!

brands online    10
brands online
What happens if I have a unique product that can sell under a few different categories, do I have to choose 1 category or can I list a certain amount under each one?

Hi wayjen, Lily's right. you can list in one additional promotional category at a charge of R5 per listing. Simply tick promotional category and choose the additional category you'd like to promote your item in. Promoting in the Christmas Catalogue currently costs R10 per listing additional. You can find more info here:

Help - Selling - Enhanced Listings

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe

If you have ten of an item them I am sure you can put 2 here 2 there and so on.

brands online    10
brands online

I don't actually think you can do that BBabe. That would be cheating BOB out of the promotional fees...:smile:

wayjen    10
wayjen

i have some stock of the product and this product can be used in plenty of different ways so it will fall under various categories on BoB and that is my problem.

wayjen    10
wayjen

I don't want to promote and pay money cause this will be just a normal auction or buy now product but like a said above it is 1 product with a variety of uses.

SProducts    10
SProducts

From my knowledge you are only allowed to list in 2 categories regardless of number of correct categories it falls under. I have a product that I listed in about 3 categories and was told I can only list in a maximum of 2 categories for teh same product.

Sipho

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

This is very interesting, Wayne. Curiosity killed the cat - don't let it also kill a poor, defenceless bird. Let us in on what is so useful. Please?! :smile:

wayjen    10
wayjen

the product is perfect for you lily.

admin    0
admin

Hi All,

Should you have multiple items of the same product and it fits into more than one category, you are allowed to list it in a second promotional category. More than that is multi listing.