Sign in to follow this  
SProducts

BobPay Credit Card fees, is this allowed?

SProducts

I won an item, when I noticed they accept creditcard payments I just went on and paid. My payment has been reversed by seller and they emailed me that I was supposed to add R30.00 which Bidorbuy charges for credit card payments.

I then went and checked teh lsiting and there it was in black and white.

Now I would rather pay via BobPay EFT instead although I dont feel like paying anymore but I should to avoid negative and SNC. If the payment is reversed do the bank still charge me?

One last question, I thought sellers are not allowed to charge extra for credit card payments. That is why I stopped accepting credit card payments as we were stopped from charging the 5% fee.

Has the rules changed?

Sipho

Little Miss Muffet

I dont charge the 5% because I dont think we are allowed to.

Also note that when the buyer pays via credit card the 5% applies to the whole amount including postage.

So R40 postage =R2

kebs

We are definately not allowed to.. I used to because I saw other sellers doing it, then I was politely informed by bob that it is not allowed.. This is taken from the policies :

"No Surcharges

Under Visa, MasterCard, Diners and American Express regulations, merchants may not charge a fee to the Buyer for accepting credit card payments (often called a "surcharge"). You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting bobPay Credit Card or bobPay EFT as a payment method. "

bobPay User Agreement if anyone wants to read up.. I would inform the seller, & tell them they owe you money for reversing the credit card payment as I think there is a fee attached to it of about R30, & then continue with the transaction, less the fee you might have to pay for the reversed charge..

Cali Craft and Gems

The answer is a resounding NO! This ruling has been in place for a very long time!

And with regards to bank fees, you will not be charged as the transaction only goes through once the seller accepts your payment.

SProducts

Thats exactly what I always knew, no surcharges for credit card payment. I emailed the seller informing them I knew that we are not allowed to charge for credit card payment, but I think I will have to pass on the item and appeal the SNC.

Sipho

kebs

Hopefully you'll keep an eye on them & report them to community watch if they don't change their listings? They could easily catch a lot of buyers with that..