Sign in to follow this  
windrider

Tenatious earrings?

windrider

I was browsing through the Crazy Wednesday listings for jewellery and stumbled across this item. There are several items with the same name on the listing from the same seller.

Other Earrings - TENATIOUS EARINGS for sale in Vereeniging (ID:28525651) :unsure:

I had tried to understand what Tenatious means. I tried the trusty Google and MS Word's South African dictionary, but none can tell me what it means. Am I missing something obvious, like a jewellery term not commonly used or is that a mistake and I should let the seller know?

MsPlod

LOL!!

Either they mean tenacious (i.e. they "hang in there" no matter what) or they are defining a new English term...

windrider

I don't think I want earrings that will hang in there no matter what. My earlobes won't like it:) I just don't how how to put it to the seller without coming across as a snob.

DestinysAngels

Ask the seller what Tenacious means, this way you will know and then maybe correct him/her if it is wrong!:smile:

windrider

Doing that now, will post a reply, if any on the thread.

MsPlod
I don't think I want earrings that will hang in there no matter what. My earlobes won't like it:) I just don't how how to put it to the seller without coming across as a snob.

LOL! Good point - but some of these spelling errors do make one a little nervous! Maybe direct them to this thread? That might help?

windrider

Here is the answer from the seller:

"Thank you for showing an interest in my earings.

Tenacious means "Not easily dispelled or discouraged; persisting in existence or in a course of action: "

I never give up, I'm always trying different things. My earings are different!"

I pointed out in the updated question that the listing heading was misspelled.

I don't know if that is an attractive term to describe earrings, but everyone has different tastes.

lilythepink

Obviously someone who can't spell too well! Notice how he/she has spelt earrings with only one "r"! Bad speller and not too good with English meanings is my guess!

windrider

I cannot really fathom why would earrings be differentiated on their tenacity. Takes all kinds I suppose. The spelling does throw me a bit, after all, spell checkers can be embedded within a browser.