Sign in to follow this  
booksallsizes

Love this seller!

anerstemens

this is so funny

Bertman Trading

Daring and funny! Love your new avatar by the way booksallsizes:toung:

BumbleBabe

OMW what a leke laugh so early, I wonder what the bowl thinks of all this :laugh::laugh:

lilythepink

Well, it's actually got bids on it and I hope it goes for a good price just because of the fantastic listing! Well done to the seller!! ROFL

DestinysAngels

Good of you to spot, it is fabulous, i love the way he answers his questions, this must really be one very happy person, certainly one i would love to meet!:biggrin:

booksallsizes
Well, it's actually got bids on it and I hope it goes for a good price just because of the fantastic listing! Well done to the seller!! ROFL

I couldn't agree more! Hope he has great success.

My new avatar is all due that brilliant forum member, MsPlod! Thank you thank you! lalala.gif (that's hers too!)

oryxza

This is the same seller that sold the Kaggelkak a while ago.

Can't help but love their sense of humor.

MsPlod

Did you see the Q&A??

Question 09 Nov 15:07

Reminds me of my childhood. Asked by jfletcher (47 rating1.gif)

Answer 09 Nov 15:36

Oh you poor, poor child. Making you look at things like this is almost child abuse. Shame.:-)

ROFLMAO!!!

PS - the smilies and the avatars are not mine - they are ones gathered over the years... Wish I could take the credit haha hah!

PPS - Oh, and I asked the seller (Strapper) a question - please come and join us in the forum - let's see what happens...

Edited by MsPlod
PPS

booksallsizes

PPS - Oh, and I asked the seller (Strapper) a question - please come and join us in the forum - let's see what happens...

You read my mind - was going to do the same!

MsPlod
You read my mind - was going to do the same!

OK - maybe you should then - because here is the Q&A

My question: Hi there

You have many of us in stitches with your descriptions! Don't you want to join us in the BoB Forum - your sense of humour is greatly appreciated whether you do join us or not! http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/weird-wacky-funny-items/11691-love-seller.html#post89736

Answer: Funny.... you think they are funny? Jislaak, I spend hours gazing at these objects de arty. To try and compose an acurate description thereof. Man some of them just make me stumped. But I do create the most detailed description my kings english will allow, and then, only then do I allow myself to pak my tas and go fishing. Things happen quickily around here in Kenton, some people think nothing happens, but only last week the coke truck came on THURSDAY!!!! Really messes with your week that. Anyway, lekker to chat, must go, the goats are scratching at the door. Feeding Time.

LMAO! Gotta get Strapper in here!

Bertman Trading

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

Interesting character this seller! Imagine him on the forum:toung:

Thank you for the av MsPlod!

lilythepink
I couldn't agree more! Hope he has great success.

My new avatar is all due that brilliant forum member, MsPlod! Thank you thank you! lalala.gif (that's hers too!)

Many of us owe our avatars to MsPlod! Where would we be without her?? Don't forget she may still have to push a wheelbarrow across the top of the Vic Falls!!

MsPlod
Don't forget she may still have to push a wheelbarrow across the top of the Vic Falls!!

Been there done that already - don't you remember - we went quickly on Sunday after breakfast? Those power bracelet thingies are remarrrrrrkable LOL!!

lilythepink
Been there done that already - don't you remember - we went quickly on Sunday after breakfast? Those power bracelet thingies are remarrrrrrkable LOL!!

Oh yes, but one of us forgot to give a write-up to the forum about our remarkable pilgrimage over the Vic Falls. How about you telling everyone about the trip (don't forget you had two people in your wheelbarrow) and, if you can't finish your report then I will try and take over! ROFL

P.P.S We folks in the Eastern Cape are known for our sense of humour. Kenton-on-Sea is just around the corner from my small city! Men greet other men by saying "Hello Boet, what's yooooor name?" And they greet their men friends by saying "Yislaaik, Swaer, how you doing?" There are a whole host of other sayings which, if I repeat them here, will have me banned from the forum - again!?!

MsPlod
Oh yes, but one of us forgot to give a write-up to the forum about our remarkable pilgrimage over the Vic Falls. How about you telling everyone about the trip (don't forget you had two people in your wheelbarrow) and, if you can't finish your report then I will try and take over! ROFL

OK here goes...

Sunday 7 November - woke at 5am - quick coffee and started to don all the hologramatic aids. Took about 30 minutes of fine tuning till satisfied. Left Cape Town at 05:47 GMT+2 at a brisk pace. Had to stop briefly at Buffeljagsrivier to oil the wheelbarrow and to get rid of the coffee (05:52 GMT+2). Almost lost the whole lot** (see explanation below) going through Prince Alberts Pass (took a scenic route for fun) but managed to reach PE unscathed at 06:08 and from there a quick minute to Grahamstown.

The Beak and the Airman were waiting for me - astonishingly clad (or should I say scantily clad) although they assured me they did have more sun protection than just the hats. Took a couple of minutes to make sure the two willing volunteers were comfortable - extra pillows, etc. - then we set off again at 06:13.

Fairly uneventful until the near the Free State border (maybe you would be willing to enlighten others about that series of incidents LilythePink?) This all slowed us down a little but we set off again at 06:49 heading north at top speed.

Reached Beit Bridge at 07:16 - luckily not much of a queue and given the passengers state of (un)dress, body-searching was not necessary.

Arrived at Vic Falls at 07:22 (slowed down a little by roadworks and potholes). Re-adjusted some of the holograms for peak upper body strength and it took around 3 minutes to rig the tightrope across the falls.

Despite some last minute misgivings from the volunteer section - put to rest by my demonstrating how balanced I was by tiptoeing across the tightrope with the wheelbarrow balanced on my nose, juggling five avocados and whistling "there's one born every minute" - the valiant Beak and Airman climbed into the wheelbarrow for the epic crossing of the falls. I'll let you guys describe the sensation.

Thank you for trusting me and my holograms!

Lovely trip back - hope you enjoyed the scenic route through Sani Pass? And some time - I would love to know where you guys were actually keeping your passports?

** - Almost went over the edge on a hairpin bend - thank fully the hologramatic balancing kept me on the curved and narrow!!

Edited by MsPlod
redefined "lost the lot"

MsPlod

Oh and,,, anyone else feel like writing to Strapper and asking them to come and play with us in the forum? Maybe a second request would entice them to come and exercise their King's English hah hah hah.

booksallsizes

Groovy trip you guys had :amazed:- wish that there was space for one more in the barrow... But I'll volunteer for the next Power Balance feat - because I have such faith in the product and the wielder of said magic hologram. Perhaps the Grand Canyon in a trolley? Maybe Wayne could lend us his? :wondering:

I shall also endeavour to lure strapper onto the forum. While I missed out on the vase (went for R 50,00 - quite a handsome sum!) I managed to buy a couple of other things from him and will ask him again to join the forum - don't want to be too pushy, but he does sound like he'd be a fun member :smile:

lilythepink

Well, to follow on from MsPlod's version, both the airman and the bird were clad (in invisible clothing - like the old emperor's - so MsPlod can be forgiven for thinking we only wore funny hats!) MsPlod was so busy with the hologramatic thing-a-ma-jigs and balancing, she probably was too scared to look down from the time she picked us up in Grahamstown so she didn't notice that I was travelling with one foot holding on for dear life to MrAerospace and my other foot and toes were in the air holding the passport. I blush to even think about telling anyone where MrAerospace was keeping his passport!

Getting near to the Free State border at Parys was an experience never to be forgotten! The wheelbarrow hit a pothole and MrAerospace was ejected to a great altitude due to the tremendous speed at which MsPlod and her magnetic thing-a-ma-jigs were travelling. Thanks to MsPlod's good stopping power, MrAerospace fell safely back into the wheelbarrow which by that time had acquired a serious wheel-wobble from hitting the pothole. It was a jerky ride into Parys to have the wheelbarrow's wheel alighment adjusted and this took some time as welding was involved on the metal wheel. After this, the trip was reasonably uneventful and MsPlod managed to steer around the numerous potholes and she even got us through at the roadworks stops, of which there were several. We did notice on a couple of these roadwork stops that MsPlod had been going at a hell of a lick because when she stopped, her takkies were smoking - accompanied by the smell of burning rubber.

She was brilliant with her juggling act with the avocado pears and wheelbarrow-on-her nose act, though we feel very fortunate not to have been in the wheelbarrow on top of her nose, even though we believe she would have had us perfectly safe to the other side with her hologramatic thing-a-ma-jigs. The sensation of being in the wheelbarrow on her next trip across the Vic Falls was indescribably sensational. Due to MrAerospace's fear of heights he would not look down (same as when he is piloting a plane, which might explain why he flies so low all the time) so The Beak had to keep up a running commentary, noting all the crocodiles waiting open-mouthed just below us.

Well, MrAerospace kept his eyes tightly closed throughout the trip back home through the Sani Pass (scared of heights). The Beak continued the running commentary by shouting "Hello Everybody", which solicited many greetings and salutations from motorists whom we overtook.

The entire trip resulted in The Beak having a few ruffled feathers and he is wondering whether he will now have to permanently use mousse on his yellow-feathered crest. He still has arthritis in his leg which was in the air, holding his passport throughout the trip but both The Beak and MrAerospace are happy to recommend MsPlod's magnificent abilities whilst wearing the hologramatic paraphernalia.

We are really sorry that we didn't have a witness from Guiness Book of Records as we believe our mission at crossing the Vic Falls in a wheelbarrow driven by the redoubtable MsPlod has surely been one of the greatest feats achieved by any Bid or Buy forumers!

MsPlod
Groovy trip you guys had :amazed:- wish that there was space for one more in the barrow... But I'll volunteer for the next Power Balance feat - because I have such faith in the product and the wielder of said magic hologram. Perhaps the Grand Canyon in a trolley? Maybe Wayne could lend us his? :wondering:

Grand Canyon sounds Fantastic:laugh: - what are you doing this weekend booksallsizes, LilythePink, Mr Aerospace and Wayjen? :nuts:

I blush to even think about telling anyone where MrAerospace was keeping his passport!

Aaaaaaaaargh!!! :blink:

We did notice on a couple of these roadwork stops that MsPlod had been going at a hell of a lick because when she stopped, her takkies were smoking - accompanied by the smell of burning rubber.

Anyone selling hologram takkies please PM me...

We are really sorry that we didn't have a witness from Guiness Book of Records as we believe our mission at crossing the Vic Falls in a wheelbarrow driven by the redoubtable MsPlod has surely been one of the greatest feats achieved by any Bid or Buy forumers!

Am busy negotiating rights to the story with Hollywood - called "there's one borne every minuet" (sic)

lilythepink

Okay, MsPlod. We're on for the next epic trip and hope that Wayne, et al, will think of joining us - the more the merrier. Perhaps we could all stop in Parys for a few beers (well we know from experience how hot we get on the trip) and we can all do your minuet, providing someone brings the right music along. (Wayne has all sorts of stuff in his trolley so perhaps he's got speakers and a good sound system going?!) Of course, MrAerospace and I will simply have to wear thicker clothes which will add to the weight in your wheelbarrow so make sure you have the hologramatic takkies before we set off!